Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Students need to be in the sideline seats across from TV camera!!!!!!!!!!!

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09
School: Appalachian State

Re: Students need to be in the sideline seats across from TV camera!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:55 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:16 am
WASU 93 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:15 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:10 am
WASU 93 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:07 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:56 am
Like it or not, those seats in the view of the camera are sold as season tickets. That’s revenue to the school. Yes it looks bad on ESPN+, but it wasn’t an opponent that is going to get people up the mountain on a Tuesday.
Those few season tickets can easily be moved to the home side. No one who has season tickets (those few dedicated souls) are going to not maintain season tickets if they are moved to a comparable seat on the home side.

Move the Pep Band down low on one side of the basket, allow students to fill the other end lower and fill the rest of the side away from the benches with students. Duke does it, NC State has bleachers down low on the sideline for students, Charlotte has always had that set-up since they moved into Halton.

Yes, winning will fix it, but let's get Kearns Krazies/Yosef's Yellers/the Mountaineer Maniacs closer to the action.
Has anyone approached Gillin about this? What was his response?
That's a good question. How does one approach Gillin? Does he sit down and talk to alumni on a regular basis/respond to random emails? Hold Fireside Chats (it would be cool, if he did)? I would certainly be glad to be part of a suggestion/solution committee, but how do you gain an audience and does he have time for such inquiries?
He has a university assigned email address and phone number. If he is at the basketball game next Saturday, I can ask him.
I don't constantly bug him or blow up his inbox, but the handful of times I've e-mailed him over the years he's replied.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:41 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:59 am
Block off the upper section now and get that parking deck built adjacent to Holmes. Give the building a cool nickname like we did Kidd Brewer Stadium, “The Rock”. IDK a good one but here is a start “The Cave”. Make it open seating, general admission for all except for one section which could be reserved for season ticket holders that might show up for a game on a first come first serve basis. This reserved section should not be on ESPN+ camera view. Give prizes during all second half time outs and commercial breaks to random seat location. If someone is in that seat at the time they call it out they win a prize and are entered into a grand prize drawing. You get their information for the grand prize. Later you contact them during the off season and encourage the to join Yosef club and become.a basketball season ticket holder for next year.
I've been thinking about The Rock equivalent, and I was going to suggest Yosef's Cave. Second suggestion would be The Cabin.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:54 pm

The Cavern.

Also, everyone on here who is complaining better be showing up to 50% of our home games.

We've had winning seasons in the last 20 years and fans didn't care. The Holmes was never packed out. When Curry came to town was one of our biggest crowds. Until fans start caring about app basketball instead of tobacco road then it won't matter what our record is.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:18 pm

appdaze wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:54 pm
The Cavern.

Also, everyone on here who is complaining better be showing up to 50% of our home games.

We've had winning seasons in the last 20 years and fans didn't care. The Holmes was never packed out. When Curry came to town was one of our biggest crowds. Until fans start caring about app basketball instead of tobacco road then it won't matter what our record is.
I get what you are saying but It could just be students having a party. Make it a student first...ticket buyer second atmosphere. I would sit in the upper section and enjoy watching the party and a good basketball game. Fill it up with students and make it a hard ticket to get for the buyer. THERE IS PLENTY OF ROOM TO HOST SEASON TICKETS AND STUDENTS!!!! (Stop yelling)

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:25 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:41 pm
Appstate88 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:59 am
Block off the upper section now and get that parking deck built adjacent to Holmes. Give the building a cool nickname like we did Kidd Brewer Stadium, “The Rock”. IDK a good one but here is a start “The Cave”. Make it open seating, general admission for all except for one section which could be reserved for season ticket holders that might show up for a game on a first come first serve basis. This reserved section should not be on ESPN+ camera view. Give prizes during all second half time outs and commercial breaks to random seat location. If someone is in that seat at the time they call it out they win a prize and are entered into a grand prize drawing. You get their information for the grand prize. Later you contact them during the off season and encourage the to join Yosef club and become.a basketball season ticket holder for next year.
I've been thinking about The Rock equivalent, and I was going to suggest Yosef's Cave. Second suggestion would be The Cabin.
Does someone own the rights to Yosef's Cabin?? Great name for Holmes.

There is a slogan for marketing. "You going to the cabin tonight??" "Party starts at 7:00" Fraternities are section 101...Sororities section 102, Football team and other App Sport teams 103. Faculty section104. Yosef's invites 105(All kids free with 1 paid adult). Luke Combs sing along starts at 6:30. Visa give away at 6:55(Must be in seat to win). DJ ALL NIGHT!!!!! Come have fun.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:47 pm

appdaze wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:54 pm
The Cavern.

It's not about winning seasons. If we could get to be a consistent 75-125 RIP team, things would be different. We are a lot way from that.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:00 pm

Talked to a Trustee before the season at a football game who told me that he had asked DG to look at moving students courtside , camera view.All the reasons listed above.Guy was super excited about the team and gave me the heads up on what Harcum , Abson , Mantis were showing in practice.If I run into him again ask him about it.

agentpaul001

Unread post by agentpaul001 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:29 pm

Best strategy I can think to emulate is Grand Canyon, some good articles on what they've done... https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/02/grand- ... an-majerle

Build around the students by taking steps like the above but also consistent rituals that are easy to adopt, student driven, and consistent through the season. I think the pre-game party / DJ(or some live music aspect is great). Concentrate on a great student section (like in Football) and the rest will follow in time. It's not just high attendance that drives the environment but the type of attendee. It won't take many students to change the vibe.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”