Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Schedule Watch

appstate77
School: Appalachian State

Re: Schedule Watch

Unread post by appstate77 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:56 pm

Before anyone asks, Carlow College is a Catholic School in Pittsburgh.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:16 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:38 pm
spacemonkey wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:15 pm
That first weekend, of At Marshall followed by at Southern Miss, is an 11 1/2 hour drive. I am sure there is a reason but doesn't seem optimal.
The conference is trying to avoid Mickey Mouse scheduling that has plagued the league in recent years. It's nearly impossible to do travel partners with 14 teams and basically have divisional scheduling.

One hope is that with a more equitable and non-cookie-cutter schedule, teams use charters which in turn would help the league with recruiting, especially with how wonky commercial flying is right now. Good news is that with more regional divisions (although hoops won't use divisional standings), it'll reduce the total number of flights.

Every team has one or two brutal travel weekends. Southern Miss has an ODU and Texas State road swing in one weekend, which is the worst in the league.

If the Sun Belt wants to get multiple NCAA bids and win tournament games (which would make everyone a lot more money in tourney units), then it needs to schedule like it.
They have six conference road games within that 5 1/2 hour drive of Boone that is the Eastern Division and only three long conference road trips. Add in the Charlotte, ETSU and Wake road games and this is a solid schedule for our fanbase to see games away from Boone.
For the players, the only tough travel weekends in conference are Marshall/Southern Miss, ULM/USA and possibly Coastal/ODU which would be a series of bus rides, all under 5 hours.

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:20 pm

So we play back to back to back on November 18, 19, 20. Why?

NO WAY we should schedule Wake Forest unless they agree to come to Boone for a return game.

Would like to see more decent Mid Majors.

Not a great schedule but about normal. ☹️

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:32 pm

Well the good news is, most of these games on the schedule should be winnable.

The bad news is, well.....the schedule. But hey, hopefully will help us have a winning record again.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:21 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:16 pm
T-Dog wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:38 pm
spacemonkey wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:15 pm
That first weekend, of At Marshall followed by at Southern Miss, is an 11 1/2 hour drive. I am sure there is a reason but doesn't seem optimal.
The conference is trying to avoid Mickey Mouse scheduling that has plagued the league in recent years. It's nearly impossible to do travel partners with 14 teams and basically have divisional scheduling.

One hope is that with a more equitable and non-cookie-cutter schedule, teams use charters which in turn would help the league with recruiting, especially with how wonky commercial flying is right now. Good news is that with more regional divisions (although hoops won't use divisional standings), it'll reduce the total number of flights.

Every team has one or two brutal travel weekends. Southern Miss has an ODU and Texas State road swing in one weekend, which is the worst in the league.

If the Sun Belt wants to get multiple NCAA bids and win tournament games (which would make everyone a lot more money in tourney units), then it needs to schedule like it.
They have six conference road games within that 5 1/2 hour drive of Boone that is the Eastern Division and only three long conference road trips. Add in the Charlotte, ETSU and Wake road games and this is a solid schedule for our fanbase to see games away from Boone.
For the players, the only tough travel weekends in conference are Marshall/Southern Miss, ULM/USA and possibly Coastal/ODU which would be a series of bus rides, all under 5 hours.
"Solid schedule for our fanbase" is the first thing i saw. Lots of good games that are drivable. We should play Wake anytime they want to play. Helps SOS...great for fanbase...great for recruiting to play acc teams.

I like this schedule a lot.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:53 pm

The three should either be exhibition only or at least D2 schools. A D3, a first year D3 and one doesn't even belong to the NCAA.....

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:47 pm

It is important to win the early games - build the confidence - I'll take wins any day over losses to top-ranked teams
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:27 pm

We should try to make a deal with Wake that we will play there every year but we get to keep the money from the tickets we sell. It wouldn't be bad to make the same deal with UNCC and UNCG. Lots of Alumni around these areas. It may not be a bad idea with NC State.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:46 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:27 pm
We should try to make a deal with Wake that we will play there every year but we get to keep the money from the tickets we sell. It wouldn't be bad to make the same deal with UNCC and UNCG. Lots of Alumni around these areas. It may not be a bad idea with NC State.
I’m not sure I like that, but I wouldn’t mind playing UNCC at the Hornets’ arena.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:18 am

Wake and UNCC provide App fans and alumni that live in the Winston and Charlotte area a chance to attend a game without having to travel far. I'd expect a decent App State crowd at those games.

There should be mention of men's and women's basketball at every single home football game this year. Preferably during a first quarter t.v. timeout while the stadium is still closest to it's highest attendance for the day. Have a 30 second video put together to show on the stadium screen and include players voices and faces. You could even tie it into promoting the paid dinner event with Jay Bilas.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:14 am

Maybe it doesn't get noticed by the fans and get big fan support, but Campbell has been really good last several years. They have made the NCAA Tournament the last 3 years that there has been a tournament I believe.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:36 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:14 am
Maybe it doesn't get noticed by the fans and get big fan support, but Campbell has been really good last several years. They have made the NCAA Tournament the last 3 years that there has been a tournament I believe.
They have had winning records 5 out of the last 6 years, but no March Madness appearances.
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/campbell/

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:35 am

The camels had a really short guard a few years back that could absolutely light it up , absolutely fun to watch but couldn't quite get them over the ummm hump.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:57 am

WASU 93 wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:36 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
They have had winning records 5 out of the last 6 years, but no March Madness appearances.
My bad. Maybe it was baseball. I did like ESPN getting a picture of the pack of Camel Cigs in their dugout during the Tenn regional
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:51 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:57 am
WASU 93 wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:36 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
My bad. Maybe it was baseball. I did like ESPN getting a picture of the pack of Camel Cigs in their dugout during the Tenn regional
4 Straight Seasons from 2018-2022 sandwiched around the Covid Year

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”