Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Former App Returns to Lead Recruiting

firemoose
School: Appalachian State

Former App Returns to Lead Recruiting

Unread post by firemoose » Mon May 23, 2022 4:01 pm

HurricaneYosef

Re: Former App Returns to Lead Recruiting

Unread post by HurricaneYosef » Tue May 24, 2022 7:08 am

Absolutely love to see this!

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue May 24, 2022 8:13 am

Did anyone else have a brief moment of wishful thinking between clicking the thread title and seeing the post thinking Armanti was coming back to help with recruiting?.. No?...Just me?

Although my hopes were let down, this is a great hire and will help with recruiting.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue May 24, 2022 8:29 am

We really needed this..................

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Tue May 24, 2022 9:50 am

G-r-e-a-t personnel transaction, Coach Kerns.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Tue May 24, 2022 10:03 am

I remember Tev was an assistant coach at one of the D2 schools App played (Bridgeforth, I believe) during the Fox years.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue May 24, 2022 10:36 am

T-Dog wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 10:03 am
I remember Tev was an assistant coach at one of the D2 schools App played (Bridgeforth, I believe) during the Fox years.
Bridgewater College (D3) near Harrisonburg.

CharlotteApp05

Unread post by CharlotteApp05 » Tue May 24, 2022 11:08 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:29 am
I like the hire, but curious why we needed this.

appgrad2010

Unread post by appgrad2010 » Tue May 24, 2022 1:06 pm

CharlotteApp05 wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 11:08 am
Rekdiver wrote:
Are you up to speed with college basketball? Most, if not all Sun Belt schools have a DOBO and at minimum a Video Coordinator. More than likely he will handle all video responsibilities as well. Kerns and co. need and deserve at least this support staff position, and IMO another as well.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Tue May 24, 2022 3:18 pm

CharlotteApp05 wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 11:08 am
Rekdiver wrote:
Coach Kerns seems to think all of the following will be of benefit to our program. I'm certainly in agreement.

{BOONE, N.C. -- App State head men's basketball coach Dustin Kerns announced the hiring of App State alum Tevin Baskin to the program Monday.

A member of the Mountaineers' basketball team from 2012-14, Baskin returns to the High Country to join Kerns' staff as the program's director of recruiting for the 2022-23 season.

Baskin will oversee the program's recruiting efforts and assist the coaching staff with selecting and developing student-athletes. He spent last season as the director of scouting and analytics at Mississippi State and has specialized in player development as well as opponent scouting throughout his professional career.

"It's a surreal feeling. Returning to Boone means a lot to me," Baskin said. "I'm excited for the opportunity to work with Coach Kerns, the staff and the players. They've done a great job of building a winning culture that the community and fan base should be proud of. I'm excited about this position. As someone who was recruited to App, I know just how special this place is. I'm ready to get to work."

Baskin joins the program as the Mountaineers continue to shine and improve under Kerns. Coming off its third-consecutive winning season, App State captured the 2021 Sun Belt Conference Championship to earn an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament and is fresh off its second consecutive year of playing in a national postseason tournament.

Kerns on Baskin: "I am super excited to add Tevin Baskin to our coaching staff. Tevin brings great energy, passion, enthusiasm and a standard of championship basketball from his experience as a player and coming from the SEC. This is a new position and believe Tevin will show the true spirit of a Mountaineer in his daily work and I am really excited about having an alumni and former player on staff. Tevin and his fiancé Jill are both App State graduates and have a ton of pride in App State and this community. We are thrilled to welcome them back to the High Country."

The first stop in Baskin's coaching career was at Northwest Florida State College. In his first year of coaching at NWFSC, the Raiders won the Panhandle Conference championship and also made it to the NJCAA Final Four.

Prior to returning to Boone, Baskin spent the 2021-22 season at Mississippi State as the director of scouting and analytics. Before that, he was an assistant coach at Saint Michael's College in Vermont. He also has experience at the Division III level, serving as an assistant coach at Bridgewater College in Virginia.

A native of Connecticut, he was a standout player at Trinity Catholic High School. He helped lead his team to a combined 102-12 record over his four years. He finished his high school career with just under the marks of 2,000 points and 1,000 rebounds. He was a three-time All-State selection and was rated as a top-50 small forward by ESPN.com. Following his senior year, he was selected to play in the Jordan Brand Classic Regional All-Star Game at Madison Square Garden.

Baskin's collegiate career began with a pair of one-season stops at Quinnipiac and Chipola College. While at Chipola, he helped lead the team to a 26-3 record. He then completed his college career at App State where he played in 56 games during his two seasons. As a junior, he played in all 31 contests and posted 18 double-digit scoring efforts. His final year was highlighted by a 24-point performance against in-state foe NC State.

The former small forward played in 94 games throughout his collegiate career. Over the course of his two years at App State, he started 16 of the 56 games he played in. He scored 514 points and posted 221 boards. He also recorded 23 assists, 48 blocks and 46 steals.

"As a former player, I take pride in wearing the black and gold. The thought of doing it as a member of the coaching staff gives me chills," he added.

Baskin is the son of Donald Alexander and Yolanda Baskin. He graduated from App State in 2014 with a bachelor's degree in communication studies with a minor in sociology before earning his master's degree in workforce education leadership from Mississippi State in 2020.

BASKIN'S COACHING EXPERIENCE
2021-22: Mississippi State (Director of Scouting & Analytics)
2020-21: Saint Michael's College (Assistant Coach)
2018-20: Mississippi State (Graduate Assistant)
2017-18: Bridgewater College (Assistant Coach)
2016-17: Northwest Florida State College (Assistant Coach)]
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:53 pm

Very happy to see it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”