Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Transfer Portal Watch

Stonewall
School: Appalachian State

Re: Transfer Portal Watch

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:37 pm

As expected.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:55 pm

appfanjj wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:37 pm
HurricaneYosef wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 8:21 pm
Any word on this young man?
We were done with Teasett's commit.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:24 pm

PortalUpdates
@portal_updates
· Jun 5
Norfolk State transfer Jalen Hawkins has committed to Iona.

As of June 3rd, Iona had 15 "scholarship" players. Hawkins makes 16. Nevermind, Pitino won't let small matters like that get in his way.

I like Teasett better for our program anyway. It's another offseason win for Kerns!
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:36 am

Not being a smart azz, but is there a coach or administrator who you trust, past or present, asu66?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

app97

Unread post by app97 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:57 pm

My 2 boys are in App bball camp right now for the second year in a row. Teasett is working as a counselor/coach as of today. Zocko is here as well. It’s nice to see a couple of newcomers working the camp, although I’m surprised there aren’t more veteran players. The only other players other than the walk ons are Gregory, Huntley, and Harcum. The other helpers are all d-2 players from other schools.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:19 pm

NewApp wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:36 am
Not being a smart azz, but is there a coach or administrator who you trust, past or present, asu66?
Sure, plenty of 'em but not one named Rick Pitino. It's all a matter of public record.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:25 pm

app97 wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:57 pm
My 2 boys are in App bball camp right now for the second year in a row. Teasett is working as a counselor/coach as of today. Zocko is here as well. It’s nice to see a couple of newcomers working the camp, although I’m surprised there aren’t more veteran players. The only other players other than the walk ons are Gregory, Huntley, and Harcum. The other helpers are all d-2 players from other schools.
Doesn't really relate to your post, but brought back memories...

I remember attending App State individual basketball camp between my Junior and Senior year of high school. Maybe it was my 16 year old mentality, but I remember thinking Fancher was a jerk. Not for any specific or extreme reason. I'm sure your son's are staying in a much better dorm situation that we had back then. We had the air condition-less Hoey, and neither I nor my roommate for the camp brought a fan. Boone doesn't have the hottest summers, but it sure was toasty that week.

What I remember most is they allowed the high school kids to run 5 on 5 with the current players there helping run the camp at the end of the day. That was a blast, and while I wasn't being recruited at the time, I knew after playing those games I'd never play college basketball. The speed and athleticism at the next level is insane. I remember watching App play at JMU the previous season, and saw Johnathan Mitchell throw down some insane dunks...Well, some kid that was running his mouth to the players would have made it on a poster had someone had their camera. Mitchell caught a pass coming down the lane and flushed it.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

app97

Unread post by app97 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:23 pm

app97 wrote:
After chatting with coach Fey, it sounds like the staff doesn’t ask the the players who live further away to work the camp since they’re reporting to Boone in a couple weeks anyway.

Also, after seeing Zocko interact with and coach the kids, he already looks like a leader….hope it translates to the court.
Last edited by app97 on Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

app97

Unread post by app97 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:33 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:25 pm
app97 wrote:
Doesn't really relate to your post, but brought back memories...

I remember attending App State individual basketball camp between my Junior and Senior year of high school. Maybe it was my 16 year old mentality, but I remember thinking Fancher was a jerk. Not for any specific or extreme reason. I'm sure your son's are staying in a much better dorm situation that we had back then. We had the air condition-less Hoey, and neither I nor my roommate for the camp brought a fan. Boone doesn't have the hottest summers, but it sure was toasty that week.

What I remember most is they allowed the high school kids to run 5 on 5 with the current players there helping run the camp at the end of the day. That was a blast, and while I wasn't being recruited at the time, I knew after playing those games I'd never play college basketball. The speed and athleticism at the next level is insane. I remember watching App play at JMU the previous season, and saw Johnathan Mitchell throw down some insane dunks...Well, some kid that was running his mouth to the players would have made it on a poster had someone had their camera. Mitchell caught a pass coming down the lane and flushed it.
Kerns and staff only run a day camp for 6-15 year olds these days. I’d love for them to bring back an overnight camp at some point if the demand is there. I had good times attending coach K’s Duke and Jeff Mullins UNCC camps as a kid. I never thought I’d send a kid to UNC, but my 12 year old is attending their camp this year due to being lured by a friend.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”