Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

MBB vs USC Upstate, Tues 3/15 6:30pm

IM4ASU
School: Appalachian State

Re: MBB vs USC Upstate, Tues 3/15 6:30pm

Unread post by IM4ASU » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:52 pm

I've been following App basketball for 50+ years. The only time I can honestly say I was excited about our team was when Cremins was the coach.

I try to get excited but then you know the rest of the story.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:54 pm

MBB lost to Upstate and baseball lost to A&T in Greensboro. Not a great day App sports.

I follow the Dagenham and Redbridge FC in English association football. They won 3-0 so I do have that for today.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:54 pm

Have you seen the price of bacon these days? bow or not, I want that pig.

CharlotteApp05

Unread post by CharlotteApp05 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:59 pm

Told y’all early in the thread, these guys are legit. When I saw them in Charlotte, I knew they were solid. Not as embarrassing as some of y’all are making it out to be.

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:06 pm

CharlotteApp05 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:59 pm
Told y’all early in the thread, these guys are legit. When I saw them in Charlotte, I knew they were solid. Not as embarrassing as some of y’all are making it out to be.
It’s the most embarrassing basketball moment in App State basketball history. And our history is not so good. Lost at home to a team with a losing record from the big south conference. AND we looked pathetic doing it! I think it’s time to call a pig a pig. No excuses.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:53 pm

pop5app wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:06 pm
CharlotteApp05 wrote:
It’s the most embarrassing basketball moment in App State basketball history. And our history is not so good. Lost at home to a team with a losing record from the big south conference. AND we looked pathetic doing it! I think it’s time to call a pig a pig. No excuses.
How could they really be legit? They lost 16 games. I turned the game on with about 10 minutes to play. Where was Forest and Lewis?

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:18 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:53 pm
pop5app wrote:
CharlotteApp05 wrote:
How could they really be legit? They lost 16 games. I turned the game on with about 10 minutes to play. Where was Forest and Lewis?
Yeah no one wants to address the elephant in the room. It’s sitting front row .

CharlotteApp05

Unread post by CharlotteApp05 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:36 pm

So a team that plays super hard for a coach that lost his wife last week, a team that had a unique freshman talent develop throughout the year and a team that grew as the season went on is the most embarrassing loss ever? I thought it was 50/50 going into it.

And elephant in the front row? I dont even know what you are referring to. Seniors not playing well at then end of their career?

Some of you guys need reasonable expectations. We haven’t been great, we had one great run for like 5 games a year ago. We are building a better program for sure, but right now we still aren’t a great program. I do think Dustin will get us there.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:52 pm

CharlotteApp05 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:36 pm
So a team that plays super hard for a coach that lost his wife last week, a team that had a unique freshman talent develop throughout the year and a team that grew as the season went on is the most embarrassing loss ever? I thought it was 50/50 going into it.

And elephant in the front row? I dont even know what you are referring to. Seniors not playing well at then end of their career?

Some of you guys need reasonable expectations. We haven’t been great, we had one great run for like 5 games a year ago. We are building a better program for sure, but right now we still aren’t a great program. I do think Dustin will get us there.
It could be the we overachieved. We had a fun and solid season (coming off last year's tournament magic), but this team did not really have a great win all year. They lost to Iona, Charlotte, Delaware, Vermont, and Furman. They lost to Texas State. They went 1-2 against Georgia State and the one win was a Forest buzzer beater that was a tough shot. They lost both games to Troy. They did sweep South Alabama, but split with Arkansas State. So, essentially they were 3-6 against the top half of the Sun Belt. The Georgia State buzzer beater is their only excelling win.

Essentially, they piled up wins against the weaker teams on their schedule. That's not criticism, but it is the reality.

Next year's talent and execution may be better.

CharlotteApp05

Unread post by CharlotteApp05 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:56 pm

Agree

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:02 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:18 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:53 pm
pop5app wrote:
CharlotteApp05 wrote:
Yeah no one wants to address the elephant in the room. It’s sitting front row .
Can you explain a bit as I am not following what you are trying to say in code and being polite. I need directness here.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AppFan11

Unread post by AppFan11 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:04 pm

Justin's wrist was a problem that's why they took him out. He could shoot but had trouble dribbling and catching the ball. Lewis couldn't guard his guy.... Aldridge. He would step out and hit a three then he would distribute the ball... he was too quick. While what you are saying is true WASU, I also think with Justin coming off a Covid break and then majorly struggling with his shot, Kerns had to change the lineup several times that it made us less consistent.

ASU843

Unread post by ASU843 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:06 pm

I was at the game. We did not play well. We shot poorly both from the floor and free throw line. They have better shooters. I think they are well coached too. It seemed they wanted it more than we did. Yes I am dissapointed. Nice crowd. This was not the worst loss in App State history! How riduculous!

AppFan11

Unread post by AppFan11 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:17 pm

We shot 46% from two's and 39% from three's........we did shoot around our avg. of 65% free throws (9-17).... we really didn't slow them down like we have done to most teams that like to run. they shot 88 shots (2's,3's) and we shot 78 shots. We needed to play the game in the 50's and 60's.... not 70's or 80's.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:12 am

All one has to do is see the score to know we were in trouble. We aren't likely to win many high scoring games. While it's one of the more disappointing performances in a long while, it's hardly the most devastating. It certainly does raise a lot of questions about the future of the program, both players and coaching staff.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:15 am

WASU 93 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:52 pm
CharlotteApp05 wrote:

It could be the we overachieved. We had a fun and solid season (coming off last year's tournament magic), but this team did not really have a great win all year. They lost to Iona, Charlotte, Delaware, Vermont, and Furman. They lost to Texas State. They went 1-2 against Georgia State and the one win was a Forest buzzer beater that was a tough shot. They lost both games to Troy. They did sweep South Alabama, but split with Arkansas State. So, essentially they were 3-6 against the top half of the Sun Belt. The Georgia State buzzer beater is their only excelling win.

Essentially, they piled up wins against the weaker teams on their schedule. That's not criticism, but it is the reality.

We did beat MAC Champion Akron by double digits, in perhaps our best win.

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:53 am

ASU843 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:06 pm
I was at the game. We did not play well. We shot poorly both from the floor and free throw line. They have better shooters. I think they are well coached too. It seemed they wanted it more than we did. Yes I am dissapointed. Nice crowd. This was not the worst loss in App State history! How riduculous!
I guess it’s possible we had a worse loss during The Press Maravich years, but I do not remember one in the era after that time. It’s too soon to evaluate the season and this loss makes that evaluation harder but I’ll stand by my statement (ESPN +, 94% of our offensive production back, everyone back from an NCAA tourney team, playing at home, against a team from a perceived weaker conference that had a losing record) - worst and most embarrassing loss in App State history! I might add, if there was a question as to whether Delph will come back next year it probably got answered last night.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:13 am

Hate to just pile on and beat a bad loss and disappointing season to death but hopefully we bring back some key pieces, improve some bench guys and maybe land a big through the portal. With Lewis and Huntley on the floor we were limited to basically a random dunk from Lewis or a couple of 3’s from Huntley. Duhart showed some glimpses of potential. Hey football is right around the corner.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:09 am

hapapp wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:15 am
WASU 93 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:52 pm
CharlotteApp05 wrote:

We did beat MAC Champion Akron by double digits, in perhaps our best win.
. Thanks, that's the one that I did not go back and research.

appvette

Unread post by appvette » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:17 am

pop5app wrote:
CharlotteApp05 wrote:
Not nearly as embarrassing as your post.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”