Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

MBB vs Georgia State, Sat 2/12 4pm

app97
School: Appalachian State

Re: MBB vs Georgia State, Sat 2/12 4pm

Unread post by app97 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:40 pm

Although Ga State is nowhere near first place in conference this year, they continue to remain in first place in being a-holes. Corey Allen appeared to have lots of pinned up aggression and disappointment after the game yesterday directed to students and other fans. I suppose that’s due to the fact that we have largely owned them in recent years. I used to think Ga State was just cocky/arrogant. Now I just think they are little punks after some things that happened at their place last year and yesterday in Boone. I still have the image of Allen crying into a towel after we beat them in the title game engrained in my mind.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:49 pm

As I have said before our margin for error is thin. Yesterday it evaporated completely and we got beat.They came in hungry with a good plan and executed it.We turned the ball over and got hammered on the boards.The energy needed to come back from down 15 when you are effectively playing only six guys (Eades played a couple of minutes ineffectively) is just highly unlikely without a lot more talent shooting the ball than we possess. Again our margin for error is thin. Credit GaState for getting a big road win. Down the road asking our six to play three or four games in as many days?We are going to have to get some minutes from somewhere.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:06 pm

There's very little margin for error the rest of the way. We could finish anywhere from first to fifth, spending upon how we finish.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:09 pm

Yesterday was the first basketball game I've been able to attend in Boone this year. My wife and I had a great day in Boone, but I have to admit the game was disappointing. In reading the comments above, I can see where most come from but in my opinion it wasn't a lack of effort. Both teams were playing very active and aggressive defense and both teams scored well below their averages. Early in the game, felt like we were forcing shots, but as the game progressed a little we were getting better looks but shots were absolutely not falling. I certainly don't claim to know the answer to our first half woes. I respected the team's focus and that they fought hard to the very end and brought the game back within reach. It just wasn't our day. I think that we would have won the game if we had shot even 35% in the first half. I don't know the actual percentage, but it had to be about 20%.

Hoping to see this team use this loss to propel them into the next two games. They're going to be tough ones but this team is capable of beating anyone in the SBC.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”