Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Congrats to the Lady Apps

firemoose
School: Appalachian State

Congrats to the Lady Apps

Unread post by firemoose » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:14 pm

For their 27 point win today over Wofford. I know Wofford isn't a great team but we'll take the big win.

However, there was something else I wanted to bring up that kind of shows the state of things here. The attendance for today's Pink Out game to support breast cancer research was listed as 561. About the time the game was finishing up, from reports, several hundred students, maybe more, maybe less but the pics that they are posting on twitter look pretty crowded, show up half dressed and in costumes on the Samford Mall to do a Harlem Shake video. And I'm not seeing a lot of pink in the pics so it doesn't appear that many of them came from the game. We can't get even 600 to come see a game in the warm HCC that supports cancer research but close to, if not over, hundreds will show up in the snow and cold, half dressed, to do some video. To be honest I don't really care how many came but it's pretty sad that as many or more would show up to dance around in the freezing cold than would come to a game. And the organizers of the event could have had it after the game and asked those students planning to come to go support the Lady Apps and then come do the video. I wasn't there so I can't be sure but from what I'm reading on twitter I've only see one student talking about the game and several hundred talking about the video. And none of them said "Had a great time at the game and then did the Harlem Shake". :oops:
Last edited by firemoose on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

High Country Student

Re: Congrats to the Lady Apps

Unread post by High Country Student » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:02 pm

The "event planners" were students and from a students perspective, participating in the Harlem shuffle even if it is cold is a lot more fun and entertaining than watching women's basketball... I personally enjoy the games from time to time but I have to admit it is just not very exciting.

firemoose

Re: Congrats to the Lady Apps

Unread post by firemoose » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:26 pm

High Country Student wrote:The "event planners" were students and from a students perspective, participating in the Harlem shuffle even if it is cold is a lot more fun and entertaining than watching women's basketball... I personally enjoy the games from time to time but I have to admit it is just not very exciting.
And that is exactly why a university that has close to 18,000 students only puts a few hundred students at a game. I bet the Lady Apps are glad their hard work gets so much respect. If only 10% of the students showed up at a game there would be over 1700 alone, not counting alumni. Pretty sad. Also really helps recruiting when a prospect comes to a game and sees 500 people in an 8,000 seat building. :roll:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”