Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Furman game

hapapp
School: Appalachian State

Furman game

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:01 pm

Apps up by 6 at the half after blowing an 18 point lead. I've come to the conclusion that this team is not very smart. They have no idea how to work a lead. They take stupid shots, try to make plays that aren't there, and generally play out of control.

HighPointApp

Re: Furman game

Unread post by HighPointApp » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:08 pm

Those are all indicators of a well coached team!
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

App90

Unread post by App90 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:35 pm

hapapp wrote:Apps up by 6 at the half after blowing an 18 point lead. I've come to the conclusion that this team is not very smart. They have no idea how to work a lead. They take stupid shots, try to make plays that aren't there, and generally play out of control.

Im not being rude to you but this has been going on for the past two seasons. No offensive scheme of attack,no defensive schemes, no perimeter defense, no defense to counter flares off of screens, poor shot selection, terrible clock management, poor free throw shooting, poor full court press counters, they look out of shape at times, bad timing on timeouts, and sometimes the coaching staff looks lost. But this was a great hire....They be in the top half of the conference but this is the best its going to get. The Southern Conference as a whole is terrible...Good news is they should still beat Furman.

Yosef
Site Admin

Unread post by Yosef » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:54 pm

Don't know how many followed the game on twitter with ASU2416 but it was awesome. Big thanks to Heath.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:10 pm

App90 wrote:
hapapp wrote:Apps up by 6 at the half after blowing an 18 point lead. I've come to the conclusion that this team is not very smart. They have no idea how to work a lead. They take stupid shots, try to make plays that aren't there, and generally play out of control.

Im not being rude to you but this has been going on for the past two seasons. No offensive scheme of attack,no defensive schemes, no perimeter defense, no defense to counter flares off of screens, poor shot selection, terrible clock management, poor free throw shooting, poor full court press counters, they look out of shape at times, bad timing on timeouts, and sometimes the coaching staff looks lost. But this was a great hire....They be in the top half of the conference but this is the best its going to get. The Southern Conference as a whole is terrible...Good news is they should still beat Furman.
I'm aware of how they have played the past two seasons, I just hadn't stated it quite that way before. Tonight's first half sent over the edge. I'm grateful they won and they did shoot well from the foul line. However, it is absurd to consistently blow big leads.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:54 am

Yea this is what happens when you hire former players with no coaching experience

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:09 am

Yosef wrote:Don't know how many followed the game on twitter with ASU2416 but it was awesome. Big thanks to Heath.
Agreed.
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

Goapps15

Unread post by Goapps15 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:31 am

Attendance last night was 818.....

You read that right folks.

asumike83

Unread post by asumike83 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:39 am

Goapps15 wrote:Attendance last night was 818.....

You read that right folks.
Sad. Really, really sad. I wonder what the attendance would have been if we hadn't just gotten smacked by 35 at Davidson? Probably not a whole lot better but who knows.

We've got two more mid-week home games but at least we finish up with a Saturday afternoon game against Chattanooga. If we can put together some wins in the meantime, hopefully we'll get a couple thousand in there for Senior Day.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”