Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

2024 Baseball Mega Thread

BambooRdApp
Posts: 4287
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:32 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1547 times
Been thanked: 2895 times

Re: 2024 Baseball Mega Thread

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun May 12, 2024 7:01 pm

Screw the mid-week game...Stink week officially begins for me ..it's deeper than hate...the hate is real!!! And it is the year to turn the table on the those damn dirty rotten eagles!!!!
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

User avatar
T-Dog
Posts: 6607
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:35 pm
Location: Boone, NC
Has thanked: 206 times
Been thanked: 2621 times

Re: 2024 Baseball Mega Thread

Unread post by T-Dog » Sun May 12, 2024 7:11 pm

No insight, but I feel Kermit scheduled the ETSU game for RPI purposes to make a late push for an at-large. ETSU was 55 going into the weekend while App was 72. Live RPI currently has ETSU at 52 and App at 64. GaSo was 68 but got swept at home by the Cajuns and dropped to 75. ETSU dropped 2 of 3 at Wofford and lost 18-14 on a walk-off grand slam in the 10th today.

To have an at-large chance, App has to get to at worst 50.

311neers
Posts: 3524
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:34 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1456 times
Been thanked: 1026 times

Re: 2024 Baseball Mega Thread

Unread post by 311neers » Sun May 12, 2024 7:17 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 7:11 pm
No insight, but I feel Kermit scheduled the ETSU game for RPI purposes to make a late push for an at-large. ETSU was 55 going into the weekend while App was 72. Live RPI currently has ETSU at 52 and App at 64. GaSo was 68 but got swept at home by the Cajuns and dropped to 75. ETSU dropped 2 of 3 at Wofford and lost 18-14 on a walk-off grand slam in the 10th today.

To have an at-large chance, App has to get to at worst 50.
We’d be close if Coastal wasn’t butt for the past 3 weeks. We need those 2 wins to be Q1 and finish 3-1 or better.

AppSt94
Posts: 9841
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Huntersville, NC
Has thanked: 6527 times
Been thanked: 4078 times

Re: 2024 Baseball Mega Thread

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun May 12, 2024 7:22 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 7:11 pm
No insight, but I feel Kermit scheduled the ETSU game for RPI purposes to make a late push for an at-large. ETSU was 55 going into the weekend while App was 72. Live RPI currently has ETSU at 52 and App at 64. GaSo was 68 but got swept at home by the Cajuns and dropped to 75. ETSU dropped 2 of 3 at Wofford and lost 18-14 on a walk-off grand slam in the 10th today.

To have an at-large chance, App has to get to at worst 50.
It would make sense to do so to boost RPI.

User avatar
WVAPPeer
Posts: 12282
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:14 am
School: Other
Location: Born: Almost Heaven
Has thanked: 4630 times
Been thanked: 2533 times

Re: 2024 Baseball Mega Thread

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun May 12, 2024 7:26 pm

Would someone lay out how the SB tourney is configured -
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AppSt94
Posts: 9841
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Huntersville, NC
Has thanked: 6527 times
Been thanked: 4078 times

Re: 2024 Baseball Mega Thread

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun May 12, 2024 7:33 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 7:26 pm
Would someone lay out how the SB tourney is configured -
Top 10 make it the the tournament. 7-10 and 8-9 play each other. The two winners advance to the 8 team double elimination tournament format.

BambooRdApp
Posts: 4287
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:32 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1547 times
Been thanked: 2895 times

Re: 2024 Baseball Mega Thread

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun May 12, 2024 8:10 pm

Just my opinion. We are not getting an at large bid unless we make it to the finals of SBC tourney.... regardless of what happens with ETSU on Tuesday. Just my opinion. We already beat them twice. Next weekend sweep or at least a series win and making the finals of SBC tourney is our path to a regional.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppinVA
Posts: 13527
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2000 9:41 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 3065 times
Been thanked: 2851 times

Re: 2024 Baseball Mega Thread

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun May 12, 2024 9:02 pm

I don’t mind ETSU, but with the short week, I wouldn’t be disappointed if it rains Tuesday.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

BUTCH1991
Posts: 2088
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:53 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: High Point
Has thanked: 1437 times
Been thanked: 784 times

Re: 2024 Baseball Mega Thread

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Sun May 12, 2024 9:15 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 8:10 pm
Just my opinion. We are not getting an at large bid unless we make it to the finals of SBC tourney.... regardless of what happens with ETSU on Tuesday. Just my opinion. We already beat them twice. Next weekend sweep or at least a series win and making the finals of SBC tourney is our path to a regional.
Yeah, if we want in, we'll have to win the tournament. I just don't believe we'll get the RPI or respect to get in as an at large.

spacemonkey
Posts: 1212
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:01 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 126 times
Been thanked: 509 times

Re: 2024 Baseball Mega Thread

Unread post by spacemonkey » Sun May 12, 2024 10:48 pm

I think the two teams in the finals of the SBC Tournament are in if it is any of the two in the top 75 rpi.

I think 4 will make it. I think if Appalachian or Georgia Southern make it to the finals they will be in with Louisiana, Coastal, Troy, JMU, App or Georgia Southern if in finals. We shall see. App needs to win many games in the tournament.

User avatar
hapapp
Posts: 16596
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 12:48 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Rocky Mount, VA
Has thanked: 2431 times
Been thanked: 2789 times

Re: 2024 Baseball Mega Thread

Unread post by hapapp » Mon May 13, 2024 11:02 am


BUTCH1991
Posts: 2088
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:53 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: High Point
Has thanked: 1437 times
Been thanked: 784 times

Re: 2024 Baseball Mega Thread

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Mon May 13, 2024 11:02 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 7:01 pm
Screw the mid-week game...Stink week officially begins for me ..it's deeper than hate...the hate is real!!! And it is the year to turn the table on the those damn dirty rotten eagles!!!!
Consider it screwed.

Appmountaineers19
Posts: 849
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:19 am
School: Other
Has thanked: 517 times
Been thanked: 359 times

Re: 2024 Baseball Mega Thread

Unread post by Appmountaineers19 » Mon May 13, 2024 11:25 am

Hey I'm still very skeptical about the pitching but right now APP is 63 (RPI)

Get in the top 60 and it's time for the ALB talk. (again I did not see this at the beginning/mid point of year)

Kudos to the team

311neers
Posts: 3524
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:34 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1456 times
Been thanked: 1026 times

Re: 2024 Baseball Mega Thread

Unread post by 311neers » Mon May 13, 2024 11:34 am

Appmountaineers19 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 11:25 am
Hey I'm still very skeptical about the pitching but right now APP is 63 (RPI)

Get in the top 60 and it's time for the ALB talk. (again I did not see this at the beginning/mid point of year)

Kudos to the team
Win 2 of 3 and hope ETSU/Costal win their series. Coastal beating Clemson would help us in a big way. That combo can vault us near 50 RPI.
Beat Stink!

AppStFan1
Posts: 5651
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 578 times
Been thanked: 1410 times

Re: 2024 Baseball Mega Thread

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon May 13, 2024 11:38 am

311neers wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 11:34 am
Appmountaineers19 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 11:25 am
Hey I'm still very skeptical about the pitching but right now APP is 63 (RPI)

Get in the top 60 and it's time for the ALB talk. (again I did not see this at the beginning/mid point of year)

Kudos to the team
Win 2 of 3 and hope ETSU/Costal win their series. Coastal beating Clemson would help us in a big way. That combo can vault us near 50 RPI.
Beat Stink!
Agreed. If both of those schools win their series and we win 2 of 3 against GSU then I think we enter the tournament in good position.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Mon May 13, 2024 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

311neers
Posts: 3524
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:34 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1456 times
Been thanked: 1026 times

Re: 2024 Baseball Mega Thread

Unread post by 311neers » Mon May 13, 2024 11:40 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 11:38 am
311neers wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 11:34 am
Appmountaineers19 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 11:25 am
Hey I'm still very skeptical about the pitching but right now APP is 63 (RPI)

Get in the top 60 and it's time for the ALB talk. (again I did not see this at the beginning/mid point of year)

Kudos to the team
Win 2 of 3 and hope ETSU/Costal win their series. Coastal beating Clemson would help us in a big way. That combo can vault us near 50 RPI.
Beat Stink!
Agreed. If both of those schools win their series, we win 2 of 3 against GSU, and beat ETSU then I think we enter the tournament in good position.
Our game vs ETSU got canned a few minutes ago.

AppSt94
Posts: 9841
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Huntersville, NC
Has thanked: 6527 times
Been thanked: 4078 times

Re: 2024 Baseball Mega Thread

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon May 13, 2024 11:42 am

Coastal’s game with Clemson is in jeopardy of cancellation as well due to weather.

AppStFan1
Posts: 5651
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 578 times
Been thanked: 1410 times

Re: 2024 Baseball Mega Thread

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon May 13, 2024 11:44 am

311neers wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 11:40 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 11:38 am
311neers wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 11:34 am
Appmountaineers19 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 11:25 am
Hey I'm still very skeptical about the pitching but right now APP is 63 (RPI)

Get in the top 60 and it's time for the ALB talk. (again I did not see this at the beginning/mid point of year)

Kudos to the team
Win 2 of 3 and hope ETSU/Costal win their series. Coastal beating Clemson would help us in a big way. That combo can vault us near 50 RPI.
Beat Stink!
Agreed. If both of those schools win their series, we win 2 of 3 against GSU, and beat ETSU then I think we enter the tournament in good position.
Our game vs ETSU got canned a few minutes ago.
Just now saw that. I was looking forward to a chance of possibly beating a top 50 RPI team if they did well this week.

AppinVA
Posts: 13527
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2000 9:41 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 3065 times
Been thanked: 2851 times

Re: 2024 Baseball Mega Thread

Unread post by AppinVA » Mon May 13, 2024 11:52 am

hapapp wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 11:02 am
This may turn out to be a blessing in disguise.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

BambooRdApp
Posts: 4287
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:32 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1547 times
Been thanked: 2895 times

Re: 2024 Baseball Mega Thread

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon May 13, 2024 12:07 pm

Appmountaineers19 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 11:25 am
Hey I'm still very skeptical about the pitching but right now APP is 63 (RPI)

Get in the top 60 and it's time for the ALB talk. (again I did not see this at the beginning/mid point of year)

Kudos to the team
I agree. I thought we would not be as good this year. I thought 10 had a crazy good year last year .. although not as good as last year, he is over .300 or was at start yesterday....and never thought 3 would be magic. ...it has been a fun team to follow.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Baseball”