Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Everyone should be happy with this one!

AppinATL
School: Appalachian State

Everyone should be happy with this one!

Unread post by AppinATL » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:45 pm

We got the win, kept the jug, and Hallock showed well in his extended playing time. In the meantime, the team gave us a lot to bi+%^ and moan about, so best of both worlds I guess!

bcoach

Re: Everyone should be happy with this one!

Unread post by bcoach » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:49 pm

Another unsportmanlike does not make me real happy.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:50 pm

AppinATL wrote:We got the win, kept the jug, and Hallock showed well in his extended playing time. In the meantime, the team gave us a lot to bi+%^ and moan about, so best of both worlds I guess!
"everyone"? - doubt it - I'm happy however ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:52 pm

Jerry is about as angry as he's gonna get on his post-game interview. He's so peeved about the celebration penalties that he cut off Randy!

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:58 pm

He sounds angry but is he really going to do anything about it. Nothing has been done up until now.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:03 pm

bcoach wrote:He sounds angry but is he really going to do anything about it. Nothing has been done up until now.
we don't what he has done or hasn't done - I have absolutely no use for these kind of penalties - none --- I don't think we have had any repeat offenders this season - hopefully we will see no more of this ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:04 pm

That was a very heated interview fro JM. He is pissed. Of course he's gonna do something about it. I will say that I'm a bit disappointed that this late into the season, we don't seem to be making the progress you would hope for. But listening to that interview gives me hope.

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:11 pm

I just don't understand why we always get soft whenever we get a big lead. I don't like letting inferior teams come back to make it look close.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:14 pm

ASU-FTW wrote:I just don't understand why we always get soft whenever we get a big lead. I don't like letting inferior teams come back to make it look close.
I think we can all agree on that - :mrgreen:
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:35 pm

AppinATL wrote:That was a very heated interview fro JM. He is pissed. Of course he's gonna do something about it. I will say that I'm a bit disappointed that this late into the season, we don't seem to be making the progress you would hope for. But listening to that interview gives me hope.
You say of course but I don't know why. nothing has been done that has solved the problem yet. It just goes on and on. I think the tail is wagging the dog.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:39 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
bcoach wrote:He sounds angry but is he really going to do anything about it. Nothing has been done up until now.
we don't what he has done or hasn't done - I have absolutely no use for these kind of penalties - none --- I don't think we have had any repeat offenders this season - hopefully we will see no more of this ---
But we do know that if something was done it didn"t work. In other words probably not much.

yosefederation

Unread post by yosefederation » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:41 pm

Who got the unsportsmanlike after a TD this week? I was on the road and lost radio broadcast midway 2nd half. This bs has to stop. Start suspending players for next game if they are flagged for it, and be assured that this sh@! will stop. jmo

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:53 pm

bcoach wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
But we do know that if something was done it didn"t work. In other words probably not much.
I remember some years back Shawn Elliot being caught on camera getting in someones face on the sideline. Some people were put off by the display but I think we need someone like Shawn who has the players respect and can get in their grill when need be. I don't see Jerry doing that. "Comon guys gosh darnit" aint gonna get the results we need.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:55 pm

yosefederation wrote:Who got the unsportsmanlike after a TD this week? I was on the road and lost radio broadcast midway 2nd half. This bs has to stop. Start suspending players for next game if they are flagged for it, and be assured that this sh@! will stop. jmo

Nobody got one after a TD, but Kimbrough got one after a sack that led to a ccc touchdown and Blaylock got one after a pick that took us out of very good field position.

I am sick of it. This stupidity has been going on for three years now and it's still happening. Maybe someday someone on the staff will do something about it.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:56 pm

yosefederation wrote:Who got the unsportsmanlike after a TD this week? I was on the road and lost radio broadcast midway 2nd half. This bs has to stop. Start suspending players for next game if they are flagged for it, and be assured that this sh@! will stop. jmo
Kimbrough was one but I think there were two.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:57 pm

appbio91 wrote:
bcoach wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
I remember some years back Shawn Elliot being caught on camera getting in someones face on the sideline. Some people were put off by the display but I think we need someone like Shawn who has the players respect and can get in their grill when need be. I don't see Jerry doing that. "Comon guys gosh darnit" aint gonna get the results we need.
You are 100% correct. When he left he took the diciplin with him.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:00 pm

bcoach wrote:
appbio91 wrote:
bcoach wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
You are 100% correct. When he left he took the diciplin with him.
Dicipline

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:04 pm

bcoach wrote:Dicipline
You can edit posts, you know..

yosefederation

Unread post by yosefederation » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:10 pm

We obviously have a reputation now with SoCon officials that any celebration, no matter how small or big, is going to draw their attention, and most likely draw a flag. We know this. The coaches know this, so why is it so f@##!ng hard for the players to realize this, and not do so ANYTHING that might draw a penalty? It's not rocket science guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jmo

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:27 pm

T-Dog wrote:Jerry is about as angry as he's gonna get on his post-game interview. He's so peeved about the celebration penalties that he cut off Randy!
I hope the Hot Dog offenders are running up Howard's Knob in the morning Currahee style, as should have all offenders this season. That'll start taking the mustard off these Dawgs .
BLACK SATURDAY

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”