Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

2024 Spring Ball

Saint3333

Re: 2024 Spring Ball

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:34 pm

Matt Ceasar may have done that...

Black Saturday
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by Black Saturday » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:33 pm

I'm pretty I saw him almost do everything else that day.
BLACK SATURDAY

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:35 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:33 pm
I'm pretty I saw him almost do everything else that day.
Oh No - Not the dreaded V word :cry:
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

rbarthle17
Site Admin

Unread post by rbarthle17 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:30 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:38 pm
rbarthle17 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:39 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:00 pm
Brice's weakness in our system was the lack of a run threat. Still one of the top two true passers ever at App.
Second only to.... Joe Burchette?
You had to see him in person to realize the arm talent Burchette had.
Oh I was there to see him, he was the real deal in terms of the arm.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:18 pm

Szczur. Ended up playing for San Diego. The Padres.

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:38 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:18 pm
Szczur. Ended up playing for San Diego. The Padres.
Started with my Cubbies and it hurt my heart to remember that football game each time they mentioned him.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:26 am

Next Saturday’s practice, the last one of the spring is open to spectators as part of the TIGMA NIL event.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:40 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:26 am
Next Saturday’s practice, the last one of the spring is open to spectators as part of the TIGMA NIL event.
I understand there are opportunities to interact with players post practice and that there are some nice giveaways.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:53 am

hapapp wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:40 am
AppSt94 wrote:
I understand there are opportunities to interact with players post practice and that there are some nice giveaways.
It would be nice if they get some athletes from other sports out there as well. The NIl isn’t just for the revenue sports.

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:04 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:53 am
hapapp wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
It would be nice if they get some athletes from other sports out there as well. The NIl isn’t just for the revenue sports.
Hopefully most of the attendees also attend the home baseball game against Coastal that day. A great 2 for 1 day! A simple announcement and hopefully good weather should do the trick. What time is the football event and when is it over?

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:15 pm

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:45 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
hapapp wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
For true NIL and not pay to play I think NIL is about getting a return on your investment. That to me means they draw a lot of people to games, have a big social media following, or they are a stud player that losing them would be a big blow to a good team. Do we have anyone outside of football or basketball who fits that criteria?

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:08 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:45 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
hapapp wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
For true NIL and not pay to play I think NIL is about getting a return on your investment. That to me means they draw a lot of people to games, have a big social media following, or they are a stud player that losing them would be a big blow to a good team. Do we have anyone outside of football or basketball who fits that criteria?
NIL is intended to help these kids monetize their brand. Todays social media platforms create a whole new avenue to earn money than slinging burgers at the only two story Wendy’s in the country. If your sole initiative is to spend NIL money to secure wins for foootball and basketball then you are definitely in it the pay for play camp. So yes. Get the volleyball team or track team out there and get them exposed to the fan base. Follows equals dollars.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:01 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:08 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
hapapp wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
NIL is intended to help these kids monetize their brand. Todays social media platforms create a whole new avenue to earn money than slinging burgers at the only two story Wendy’s in the country. If your sole initiative is to spend NIL money to secure wins for foootball and basketball then you are definitely in it the pay for play camp. So yes. Get the volleyball team or track team out there and get them exposed to the fan base. Follows equals dollars.
I get that but companies are dealing with inflation right now and I would imagine they would want to see an increase in business when they make a deal with one of our athletes to advertise or use in marketing in some way. I am genuinely asking this because I mainly pay attention to football, basketball, and baseball so I don't know. If we have a tennis, field hockey, golf, etc athlete that falls in the category I named I would like to see. So who do we have that I could give 20k or more to outside of football or basketball that has a big following or is breaking records that would give me a return on my investment if I am running a business? As an individual I am having enough trouble with inflation that it is hard to give money without a return on that investment like a championship.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:37 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:01 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
hapapp wrote:

I get that but companies are dealing with inflation right now and I would imagine they would want to see an increase in business when they make a deal with one of our athletes to advertise or use in marketing in some way. I am genuinely asking this because I mainly pay attention to football, basketball, and baseball so I don't know. If we have a tennis, field hockey, golf, etc athlete that falls in the category I named I would like to see. So who do we have that I could give 20k or more to outside of football or basketball that has a big following or is breaking records that would give me a return on my investment if I am running a business? As an individual I am having enough trouble with inflation that it is hard to give money without a return on that investment like a championship.
I seriously doubt that there are many, if any businesses in Boone that have a marketing budget that would allow them to spend $20k on a player. Regardless of their name, position, or popularity and expect a break even ROI. I try to hit up the Rivers St Ale House when I am in town because I like Justin and Jeff. I get the Joey wings because they are good, but I doubt they are selling enough of those to pay him that much.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:07 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:37 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

I seriously doubt that there are many, if any businesses in Boone that have a marketing budget that would allow them to spend $20k on a player. Regardless of their name, position, or popularity and expect a break even ROI. I try to hit up the Rivers St Ale House when I am in town because I like Justin and Jeff. I get the Joey wings because they are good, but I doubt they are selling enough of those to pay him that much.
I just said 20k because it is a small amount of money compared to what some are getting at P5 schools. My point is that I think this whole thing is tough because unless the athlete has a huge following or we are winning championships I don't see a big return on it to where businesses would want to do much.

I would be curious to hear how much Joey gets on those wings. Are the wings or him more expensive so he gets a cut or is the Ale House charging the same compared to the others and taking a lesser profit on them? If they are taking a lesser profit they probably quietly prefer people don't get them but offer that to support the team.

Joey is a really good player and I think there is a chance he can have a special season for us but I just think businesses will need to see a return on investment at some point.

Could you imagine how much Armanti would have made in 2006 and 2007 in Boone? I would have loved to have seen those numbers. There would have definitely been a return on that investment.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:46 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:07 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

I just said 20k because it is a small amount of money compared to what some are getting at P5 schools. My point is that I think this whole thing is tough because unless the athlete has a huge following or we are winning championships I don't see a big return on it to where businesses would want to do much.

I would be curious to hear how much Joey gets on those wings. Are the wings or him more expensive so he gets a cut or is the Ale House charging the same compared to the others and taking a lesser profit on them? If they are taking a lesser profit they probably quietly prefer people don't get them but offer that to support the team.

Joey is a really good player and I think there is a chance he can have a special season for us but I just think businesses will need to see a return on investment at some point.

Could you imagine how much Armanti would have made in 2006 and 2007 in Boone? I would have loved to have seen those numbers. There would have definitely been a return on that investment.
I’m not following you. When you speak about ROI, you seem to be flipping between what a business needs to see in return and championships for the school. Businesses that would invest aren’t going to make a decision based on whether or not the kid can bring an on field championship to the school. They want their investment back and hopefully a little profit.

RaleighApp27609

Unread post by RaleighApp27609 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:20 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:46 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

I’m not following you. When you speak about ROI, you seem to be flipping between what a business needs to see in return and championships for the school. Businesses that would invest aren’t going to make a decision based on whether or not the kid can bring an on field championship to the school. They want their investment back and hopefully a little profit.
@AppSt94 I sent you a DM. Let me know if you received it. Thanks!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:38 pm

RaleighApp27609 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:20 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

@AppSt94 I sent you a DM. Let me know if you received it. Thanks!
Thanks for the message. I responded.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:21 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

You or someone brought up the fact we should be spending on sports outside of football or basketball. I asked you if you know of anyone in those other sports who has a huge following online or is a big name in their sport. I said that because I would think that businesses would be looking for someone with a big following and alumni would care about retaining major impact players beyond our normal giving.

You did not name anyone so I am guessing we don't have anyone that would draw heavy NIL in those other sports. Correct?

I still can't get behind giving to a NIL collective in any sport outside of football or basketball because I don't see the publicity for those other sports big enough to make an investment worth it. I also have inflation to deal with and give all my extra money to the Yosef Club where I know my donation helps the athletics department so I know that instead of money benefiting just 1 or 2 athletes that I am benefiting them all.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”