Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

One more time, let’s keep digging

TheAppalachianState
School: Appalachian State

One more time, let’s keep digging

Unread post by TheAppalachianState » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:38 pm

Tough loss. I’m proud of this team still, great turnaround mid season. We got 1 more, let’s keep digging and get this fu%{ing bowl win to finish strong and prep for a championship run next year. Go App!

Yosefus

Re: One more time, let’s keep digging

Unread post by Yosefus » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:48 pm

A 9th victory on this up and down season would be fantastic. Go Mountaineers! Give'em Hell!

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:43 pm

We need to regroup and get the bowl win. Troy is the first team we played this year that I felt actually beat us instead of us beating ourselves. Time to learn and improve.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:26 am

Better start digging for some Trench Monsters

0-2 against championship trenches monsters

Or we can be happy with 8 wins... puke

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:55 am

Let's go get a win!!
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:24 am

I sure hope our guys have enough left in the tank to get it done in a bowl game. Last night was a rough loss. It won’t be easy to come back from that one. Coaches and players are going to show us who they are now. I think they have it in them.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:26 am

PhillyApp1 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:26 am

Definitely got to get some linemen. We all know it is hard but if Troy, ULL, and JMU can get them then we can as well.

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:45 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:26 am
PhillyApp1 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:26 am

Definitely got to get some linemen. We all know it is hard but if Troy, ULL, and JMU can get them then we can as well.
It might just have been my opinion or eyeball observations but a few years ago I thought that the middle of the road G5 linemen were either slower fat guys or smaller guys. We had that run when even our smaller but faster defensive linemen could get consistent pressure. We obviously had legit offensive linemen as several are in or have been in the pros. Now I look at several of our conference peers have bigger, stronger and faster guys. We have to get nastier on both sides.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:00 am

With portal, things change from year to year. If all guys on OL come back that could come back, I would like to see them with another year with S&C...a full year so to speak. The coaching staff will decide what we need after once it is known what we need with departures. With that said, year in and year out, almost every team in could add OLs and DLs to add depth no matter how many you got currently. I realize this sounds harsh, however, if we get a shot at a really good OL or DL....then coaching staff has to go to the lowest performance guy on scholly and communicate to him that maybe App. St. is probably not the best fit for him. Harsh reality of football.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:22 am

Turnovers
S&C

Pikapp79

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:07 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:00 am
With portal, things change from year to year. If all guys on OL come back that could come back, I would like to see them with another year with S&C...a full year so to speak. The coaching staff will decide what we need after once it is known what we need with departures. With that said, year in and year out, almost every team in could add OLs and DLs to add depth no matter how many you got currently. I realize this sounds harsh, however, if we get a shot at a really good OL or DL....then coaching staff has to go to the lowest performance guy on scholly and communicate to him that maybe App. St. is probably not the best fit for him. Harsh reality of football.
This is absolutely the correct path with today’s college football. It takes linemen a few years to produce for the most part. Grab guys that are ready in the portal and gently say bye bye to guys you know will never be a factor. Hello portal and NIL, todays college sports.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:30 am

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:24 am
I sure hope our guys have enough left in the tank to get it done in a bowl game. Last night was a rough loss. It won’t be easy to come back from that one. Coaches and players are going to show us who they are now. I think they have it in them.
I'm not sure on this Mjohn, sometimes I find it is easier to come from a game like yesterday than losing on the last play of the game.
I think these guys can look themselves in the mirror and they don't need to show us who they are, they've done that - I think they can also say, look, we were right with the best team in the 4th Q and it got away from us - Watching this game I can honestly say Troy was the better team but we are right there ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:35 am

I have watched games for decades and I don't remember ever seeing a coach go that crazy on the sideline - lost all respect for him with that display - And no flag - RIDICULOUS - and he let his team get way too mouthy - Refs were questionable (not saying they cost us the game)
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

MountainMan2020

Unread post by MountainMan2020 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:11 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:35 am
I have watched games for decades and I don't remember ever seeing a coach go that crazy on the sideline - lost all respect for him with that display - And no flag - RIDICULOUS - and he let his team get way too mouthy - Refs were questionable (not saying they cost us the game)
I agree Sumrall showed his ass on that one. But the thing is there was a fairly obvious hold on Thomas Davis, and had he not been held he would have likely made the play and would have not been in a position to reach for Watson anyway.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:39 pm

MountainMan2020 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:11 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
I agree Sumrall showed his ass on that one. But the thing is there was a fairly obvious hold on Thomas Davis, and had he not been held he would have likely made the play and would have not been in a position to reach for Watson anyway.
The referees allowed more holding then I have ever seen.... when I used to coach, I told my players to play tough until the referees call the fouls .... and even then, I sometimes said keep up the clutching and grabbing.
The referees lost control of the game because of the swallowed whistle

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:05 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
If I were the AD his ass would have been in my office this morning. That man has serious issues and I would be a little worried about what he is capable of.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:51 pm

bcoach wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:05 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
If I were the AD his ass would have been in my office this morning. That man has serious issues and I would be a little worried about what he is capable of.
The referees were terrible.
Troy's team fueled by it
If I am the AD'S, I am making sure they never referee a champship game

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:54 pm

He went off.

Refs gave him a makeup call the next play.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:05 pm

Longrifle28 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:54 pm
He went off.

Refs gave him a makeup call the next play.
On a ball that was 20 yards out of bounds. No way that ball was catchable, even for David Thompson.
Give 'em hell!

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:57 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
The make-up call afterwards was worse.

That was the same Sun Belt crew who screwed up the Kick Catch Interference call against JMU and called Thomas Hennigan's first catch against Coastal in 2021 incomplete on the sideline.

I keep receipts.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”