Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Injuries

BambooRdApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Injuries

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:01 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:58 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:05 pm
kornegaylw wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:58 am
Castle looked like a different player yesterday. He was big and mobile. If he can stay healthy he could be an integral part of the run game.
Will deliver a hit. He is more agile than I thought. When he converted to RB, I never thought he would crack the field unless clean up time. Glad I was wrong. He has been impressive along with Roberts.
Roberts is second all time NC high school rusher behind TA McLendon, who had a great college carrer at State a while back, you can see Roberts has great field vision and lateral movement and agility.
He’s going to have a heck of a career for APP too
Same high school as Javonte Williams. Wallace Rose Hill... historically... student body right... student body left ..run it down your throat and pummel you into submission
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:27 am

appdaze wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:49 pm
Noel is a 4th year junior. His time is running out. He knows it and like any player would wants to leave it all on the field. Who knows what he.might do after the season but im sure he will dip his toes in the pro channels to see what bites he gets. If he stays he would be a 5th year and trying to enter the nfl next year at 23ish years old, possibly.more injured than now.
This is when a good coach does exactly what Clark is doing. Look out for Noel's future. If a player is truly good enough as a 4th year junior, the pro scouts already know. Being healthy matters more now.
Some kids are electing to stay in college and make more money thru NIL than they would in the NFL.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:55 pm

Is he better than D.Evans ?

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:03 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:55 pm
Are you asking about Nate or Kanye? I would say no on both at this point in time but Kanye may very well be by the time he is finished. Kanye has greatly improved in the non running aspects (blocking, receiving, etc) of being a running back and I expect he will continue to improve as his career progresses. Kanye could end up being better than D. Evans but he isn't now.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:28 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:01 pm
Same high school as Javonte Williams. Wallace Rose Hill... historically... student body right... student body left ..run it down your throat and pummel you into submission
WRH's coach is an App grad. I know several people who were shocked NC State or other eastern NC D1 teams didn't recruit Kanye.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:01 pm

311neers wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:53 am
Rekdiver wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:30 pm
I thought Isaw Castle leave with a foot ding….
Not sure abt his injury, but he’s played 4 games and will probably play in the next 2 if healthy. Therefore, not eligible for redshirt this year after missing time from injury.
My understanding is that postseason games no longer count toward the four-game limit, so Castle is still eligible to RS.

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:06 pm

I think an absolutely huge new aspect of our offense are the passes to our backs in the flats. We haven't generally done that much as guys like Cam were apparently not great at that part of the game. I'm a big advocate of putting athletes in space and let them eat.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:56 pm

Interesting that this has evolved into a running back discussion. I figured Nate must still be hurt, but isn’t it wild that Castle has apparently moved into the number 3 or 2.5 spot. I thought we would see a lot of him against JMU for pass protection but last week was a surprise for me. Don’t get me wrong I like the young man but I didn’t think he would flat out pass Marshal and the transfer from Army for playing time. This is getting way ahead but who can and who will be in our running back room next year? Unless I’m missing something we look a little thin for 24.

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:00 pm

Eligible to return:

Noel
Roberts
Castle
Marshal
Haywood
Calhoun

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:32 pm

AppGrad78 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:00 pm
Eligible to return:

Noel
Roberts
Castle
Marshal
Haywood
Calhoun
Thanks, guess I was wrong. Hope they all decide to return. It looks like Haywood has a lot of upside. Kid ran hard when he got a chance last week.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:44 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:56 pm
Interesting that this has evolved into a running back discussion. I figured Nate must still be hurt, but isn’t it wild that Castle has apparently moved into the number 3 or 2.5 spot. I thought we would see a lot of him against JMU for pass protection but last week was a surprise for me. Don’t get me wrong I like the young man but I didn’t think he would flat out pass Marshal and the transfer from Army for playing time. This is getting way ahead but who can and who will be in our running back room next year? Unless I’m missing something we look a little thin for 24.
Castle had worked his way up the depth chart in camp until he broke his foot. Once it was discovered that we didn’t need really need him, they kept him on the bench to heal and save him for the final 4 games since he hasn’t used his RS yet. Castle technically has two years left.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:23 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:44 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:56 pm
Castle had worked his way up the depth chart in camp until he broke his foot. Once it was discovered that we didn’t need really need him, they kept him on the bench to heal and save him for the final 4 games since he hasn’t used his RS yet. Castle technically has two years left.
Awesome, if it works for him I hope he stays. I noticed last year that he seemed to have earned the coaches trust as a receiver.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:35 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:03 pm
Stonewall wrote:
Are you asking about Nate or Kanye? I would say no on both at this point in time but Kanye may very well be by the time he is finished. Kanye has greatly improved in the non running aspects (blocking, receiving, etc) of being a running back and I expect he will continue to improve as his career progresses. Kanye could end up being better than D. Evans but he isn't now.
I also noticed Kanye was making some wicked good blocks on Saturday night. Yet another one of those little things great RB's know how to do. We'll certainly need it this weekend!

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:45 pm

Bootsy wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:35 pm
t4pizza wrote:
Stonewall wrote:
I also noticed Kanye was making some wicked good blocks on Saturday night. Yet another one of those little things great RB's know how to do. We'll certainly need it this weekend!
That’s an area in which he’s much improved. I saw him whiff on a few last season and early this season. I doubt he did much blocking in high school.
WE ARE YOSEF!

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:39 am

goapps93 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:45 pm
Bootsy wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:35 pm
t4pizza wrote:
Stonewall wrote:
That’s an area in which he’s much improved. I saw him whiff on a few last season and early this season. I doubt he did much blocking in high school.
I also noticed on one of his longer runs along the sideline he switched ball position to his right arm to shield it from defenders.

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:13 am

Those added aspects of the running back position don't seem like a big adjustment but when you think about it they really are. For a guy like Kanye who put up ridiculous numbers in high school he probably rarely blocked. Who knows if his team even threw the ball. He probably ran away from defenders so much that they didn't get huge licks on him either. While I think we should and do get really good talent it's amazing that a guy like him who put up insane numbers didn't get offers from bigger schools. Was it due to his smaller school? If he stays healthy he's going to have some monster games.

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:25 am

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:13 am
Those added aspects of the running back position don't seem like a big adjustment but when you think about it they really are. For a guy like Kanye who put up ridiculous numbers in high school he probably rarely blocked. Who knows if his team even threw the ball. He probably ran away from defenders so much that they didn't get huge licks on him either. While I think we should and do get really good talent it's amazing that a guy like him who put up insane numbers didn't get offers from bigger schools. Was it due to his smaller school? If he stays healthy he's going to have some monster games.
Word was NC State was making a late play to get him, but he was locked in on App. I'm sure the small school with a pretty one dimensional offense was at least part of the reason he didn't get more offers. Great find for App! Great kid!

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:19 pm

Does anyone know the injury status for Troy? Wondering how dinged up they are.

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:39 pm

AppDub wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:25 am
Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:13 am
Word was NC State was making a late play to get him, but he was locked in on App. I'm sure the small school with a pretty one dimensional offense was at least part of the reason he didn't get more offers. Great find for App! Great kid!
Yep. NCSU donors begged Doeren to offer him after Kanye went wild during the state Championship run at Carter Finley against Shelby. He didn't offer. I even think last year those same donors clamored to try to lure him into the portal but that didn't happen. Props to Kanye for wanting to be a Mountaineer. Here's to hoping we can keep him again as 3 NCSU Rb's entered the portal during the season. FWIW, NCSU started an NIL fund and it has done impressively well as they've raised almost $100k since beating UNCheat 3 days ago.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:54 pm

:( NIL could suck really hard soon for APP fans
BLACK SATURDAY

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”