#TeamAppState

RaleighApp27609
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:21 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 79 times
Been thanked: 78 times

Re: #TeamAppState

Unread post by RaleighApp27609 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:44 pm

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:35 am
The really good defenses we had a few years ago were a bit undersized but we had incredible lateral quickness and had several guys going to the ball. About a month ago teams spread the field and ate us up with RPO's or up the gut runs. We figured that out and the gashing stopped.

Did Davis serve his targeting purgatory in the second half yesterday?
Yes. He should be back for the entire game for gso. His targeting penalty was in the first half I believe so he's already set out an entire half.

Apple@chin1
Posts: 326
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:19 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Hobe Sound, Fl.
Has thanked: 282 times
Been thanked: 201 times

Re: #TeamAppState

Unread post by Apple@chin1 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:57 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:30 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:42 pm
The biggest change has been that the process clicked. The coaches made changes and the players bought in. There was no secret sauce. Folks on here said to trust the process. Well.. you are seeing the fruits of the process
The “process” changed dramatically four weeks ago.

So glad they made the changes and played to the strengths of the team instead of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.
The Tony Petersen effect.

User avatar
Rekdiver
Posts: 7605
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:14 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1456 times
Been thanked: 3798 times

Re: #TeamAppState

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:37 pm

IMO our problems began with the JMU collapse and ended with the win at JMU yesterday. A little karma. Thanks to the players and coaches for sticking with it.

appgrad2010
Posts: 374
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:20 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 93 times

Re: #TeamAppState

Unread post by appgrad2010 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:07 pm

Nate Noel ok? Does anyone know status...

Saint3333
Posts: 13153
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 8:42 am
Has thanked: 3112 times
Been thanked: 4797 times

Re: #TeamAppState

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:27 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:03 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:30 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:42 pm
The biggest change has been that the process clicked. The coaches made changes and the players bought in. There was no secret sauce. Folks on here said to trust the process. Well.. you are seeing the fruits of the process
The “process” changed dramatically four weeks ago.

So glad they made the changes and played to the strengths of the team instead of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.
The process started long before that change.
The defensive scheme change did not.

It’s ok, we’re in a much better place now and all Mountaineers should be happy about that.

DenverOfTheEast
Posts: 438
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:15 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 229 times
Been thanked: 173 times

Re: #TeamAppState

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:51 pm

appdaze wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:18 am
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:08 am
GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:35 am
They finish the job and beat Troy I’ll name my next dog Denver of the East
Go get the dog new name tags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😎😎
I need you to hold a few up. If recall there some tatoos on some cheeks right!?
Yep AppDaze --- Like Deion Sanders says "we keep receipts" when dogging #TeamClark

Tattoo's -- post the pics!

User avatar
ASUTodd
Posts: 1446
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:48 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 684 times
Been thanked: 750 times
Contact:

Re: #TeamAppState

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:39 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:51 pm
appdaze wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:18 am
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:08 am
GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:35 am
They finish the job and beat Troy I’ll name my next dog Denver of the East
Go get the dog new name tags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😎😎
I need you to hold a few up. If recall there some tatoos on some cheeks right!?
Yep AppDaze --- Like Deion Sanders says "we keep receipts" when dogging #TeamClark

Tattoo's -- post the pics!
You can keep the receipt. No tattoos are going on this body. I know what I said but I know what I'm not going to do.

AppSt94
Posts: 10010
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Huntersville, NC
Has thanked: 6622 times
Been thanked: 4156 times

Re: #TeamAppState

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:51 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:27 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:03 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:30 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:42 pm
The biggest change has been that the process clicked. The coaches made changes and the players bought in. There was no secret sauce. Folks on here said to trust the process. Well.. you are seeing the fruits of the process
The “process” changed dramatically four weeks ago.

So glad they made the changes and played to the strengths of the team instead of trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.
The process started long before that change.
The defensive scheme change did not.

It’s ok, we’re in a much better place now and all Mountaineers should be happy about that.
Look. I’m back on here after a hiatus because of the toxicity on here. I’m back on my own with the intention to avoid and not contribute to the toxicity.

Having said that, I know how important it is for you to be right and have the last word so I will say this and let you have it. Everything that you are seeing and happy about started long before your timeline. The scheme that we are running is not new. We have used it before, just not as the base defense. The process started with brining in the guys that could do what we wanted and the hiring of Sloan. and Greenhaigh. It continued with playing more guys throughout the games early on to get reps and see who was ready. This helped us absorb the loss of Collins and Clark up front with the play of guys like Wyatt and KVW on the end and Hopper and Kelly in the middle. The implementation of this base started at ODU and the first 6 quarters were some growing pains.

If you recall, you asked me, practically insisted that I give you a record prediction. I did not but what I said was that I wanted to see improvement from games 1-6 to games 7-12. I also added that we may be a better team but the record would not indicate it. You weren’t happy with that. Well…. Through 11 games last year we were 6-5. This year we are 7-4. So you are saying that you are “happy” with a 1 game improvement year over. I’m glad that you are happy with the process.

Saint3333
Posts: 13153
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 8:42 am
Has thanked: 3112 times
Been thanked: 4797 times

Re: #TeamAppState

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:01 pm

Welcome back. Really hasn’t been that bad the past month around here.

everything about me that rubs you the wrong way are the same traits that you possess. It’s ok.

Luckily another trait we both have is our love for App State.

Always been pulling for Clark because if he succeeds App succeeds.

DenverOfTheEast
Posts: 438
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:15 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 229 times
Been thanked: 173 times

Re: #TeamAppState

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:10 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:39 pm
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:51 pm
appdaze wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:18 am
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:08 am
GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:35 am
They finish the job and beat Troy I’ll name my next dog Denver of the East
Go get the dog new name tags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😎😎
I need you to hold a few up. If recall there some tatoos on some cheeks right!?
Yep AppDaze --- Like Deion Sanders says "we keep receipts" when dogging #TeamClark

Tattoo's -- post the pics!
You can keep the receipt. No tattoos are going on this body. I know what I said but I know what I'm not going to do.
HA HA. "Bock Bock Chicken"

User avatar
WVAPPeer
Posts: 12315
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:14 am
School: Other
Location: Born: Almost Heaven
Has thanked: 4684 times
Been thanked: 2561 times

Re: #TeamAppState

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:53 pm

This is a post from about a month ago - Pizza and I agreed and I understood what Appstatealum was referring to so in reality we were all on the same page - I'm sure others agreed with this as well -
For those who think something "magically" changed, I say No - this team who has played every play, never quit, never let-down, never gave up and continued to fight until it was 0:00 never changed all season and because of that they are on a winning streak.
As 94 said - this has been in the works for some time and now it is paying off ---

appstatealum wrote: ↑October 3rd, 2023, 5:17 pm
WVAPPeer wrote: ↑October 2nd, 2023, 10:08 pm
t4pizza wrote: ↑October 2nd, 2023, 11:38 am
appstatealum wrote: ↑October 2nd, 2023, 11:11 am
t4pizza wrote: ↑October 2nd, 2023, 10:21 am


t4pizza
Completely disagree on the identity of this team. To put it simple, the identity is a team that plays hard, for 4 quarters and NEVER quits until the clock says 0:00. If you don't see that from our team then I don't know what you have been watching. We don't quit. And that is and identity whether you recognize it or not. Sure this team makes mistakes, turnovers have killed us, but we don't ever quit. Also this team is much more disciplined than past teams. We still get penalties but not nearly as many big ones in bad situations (like a personal foul on our 3 and long where we convert but the penalties takes away the first down and makes it third and a mile). We have an identity, we play hard and don't quit.
---------------------------------------------
appstatealum
That's why we are in a win one and lose one pattern. That's not an identity, that's part of a culture. Thank God App has retained that part of our culture amidst the shaky foundation last 6 years or so. Football identity is what you take into each games scheme-wise in all 3 phases of the game. It's the foundation upon which you gameplan and its what keeps you grounded when a game is thrown into chaos. It's the totem you try to manipulate the game back to when needed. We haven't had that under Clark. Just facts. Again I hope he turns it around. I was starting to be optimistic until Wyoming happened.
-------------------------------------------------
t4pizza
We will just have to agree to disagree as to whether or not a team playing hard and never quitting is an an identity or not. I clearly think it is, you clearly don't. I would say that hard nose never quit play is taken into each game scheme-wise in all 3 phases of the game. Please show me a player in any of those 3 phases that doesn't constantly play hard, play through the whistle and keep playing hard until the game is over. Of course it is an identity of this team.
---------------------------------------
WV
To be blunt - anyone who thinks Playing Hard and Never Quitting is not an identity is just wrong - When I was a coach we had a mantra before each game - "Play hard and give it all you've got" - If the team did that then that was all I could ask--- were mistakes made by coach and players? - Absolutely!!! - Did we win every game? Hell NO, Did we take the field Hoping to Win - No, We took the field Expecting to Win --- It's a mindset that doesn't happen overnight.
I will take the team who plays hard and never quits over any "identity" you want to come up with!!!!!!
Ask AppGrad78 -
-------------------------------------------------
appstatealum
Yes, that's part of an identity. To be clear, I'm talking about "football identity" in relation to scheme in the 3 phases of a game. What's your strength, what's your weakness? How do you want a game to go? Things like that. I've coached for years and this was always something I establish early that way you have an anchor to ground yourself on when games or situations get dicey.
--------------------------------------------
WV
Thanks for you comments and I see what you are saying but I just don't believe many programs have a long-term identity - A coach has to determine what "he/she has" - I might really want a wide-open offense, but I don't have the speed this year that I had last - I might want to grind it out, ball-control, but I don't have the pieces I need - In baseball, I might prefer to put pressure on my opponent by using speed but it's not there this year although I have some power so we will play for the big inning. Nick Saban has changed his offensive identity several times over the last decade. He never really has a star QB but they still won - now he has 4 QBs in the NFL - I'm sure you see what I am getting at ---
These users thanked the author WVAPPeer for the post:
appstatealum
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!
Last edited by WVAPPeer on Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

t4pizza
Posts: 4959
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:00 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 2503 times
Been thanked: 1767 times

Re: #TeamAppState

Unread post by t4pizza » Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:02 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:53 pm
This is a post from about a month ago - Appstatealum and I agreed and I understood what pizza was referring to so in reality we were all on the same page - I'm sure others agreed with this as well -
For those who think something "magically" changed, I say No - this team who has played every play, never quit, never let-down, never gave up and continued to fight until it was 0:00 never changed all season and because of that they are on a winning streak.
As 94 said - this has been in the works for some time and now it is paying off ---

appstatealum wrote: ↑October 3rd, 2023, 5:17 pm
WVAPPeer wrote: ↑October 2nd, 2023, 10:08 pm
t4pizza wrote: ↑October 2nd, 2023, 11:38 am
appstatealum wrote: ↑October 2nd, 2023, 11:11 am
t4pizza wrote: ↑October 2nd, 2023, 10:21 am


appstatealum
Completely disagree on the identity of this team. To put it simple, the identity is a team that plays hard, for 4 quarters and NEVER quits until the clock says 0:00. If you don't see that from our team then I don't know what you have been watching. We don't quit. And that is and identity whether you recognize it or not. Sure this team makes mistakes, turnovers have killed us, but we don't ever quit. Also this team is much more disciplined than past teams. We still get penalties but not nearly as many big ones in bad situations (like a personal foul on our 3 and long where we convert but the penalties takes away the first down and makes it third and a mile). We have an identity, we play hard and don't quit.
---------------------------------------------
pizza
That's why we are in a win one and lose one pattern. That's not an identity, that's part of a culture. Thank God App has retained that part of our culture amidst the shaky foundation last 6 years or so. Football identity is what you take into each games scheme-wise in all 3 phases of the game. It's the foundation upon which you gameplan and its what keeps you grounded when a game is thrown into chaos. It's the totem you try to manipulate the game back to when needed. We haven't had that under Clark. Just facts. Again I hope he turns it around. I was starting to be optimistic until Wyoming happened.
-------------------------------------------------
appstatealum
We will just have to agree to disagree as to whether or not a team playing hard and never quitting is an an identity or not. I clearly think it is, you clearly don't. I would say that hard nose never quit play is taken into each game scheme-wise in all 3 phases of the game. Please show me a player in any of those 3 phases that doesn't constantly play hard, play through the whistle and keep playing hard until the game is over. Of course it is an identity of this team.
---------------------------------------
WV
To be blunt - anyone who thinks Playing Hard and Never Quitting is not an identity is just wrong - When I was a coach we had a mantra before each game - "Play hard and give it all you've got" - If the team did that then that was all I could ask--- were mistakes made by coach and players? - Absolutely!!! - Did we win every game? Hell NO, Did we take the field Hoping to Win - No, We took the field Expecting to Win --- It's a mindset that doesn't happen overnight.
I will take the team who plays hard and never quits over any "identity" you want to come up with!!!!!!
Ask AppGrad78 -
-------------------------------------------------
pizza
Yes, that's part of an identity. To be clear, I'm talking about "football identity" in relation to scheme in the 3 phases of a game. What's your strength, what's your weakness? How do you want a game to go? Things like that. I've coached for years and this was always something I establish early that way you have an anchor to ground yourself on when games or situations get dicey.
--------------------------------------------
WV
Thanks for you comments and I see what you are saying but I just don't believe many programs have a long-term identity - A coach has to determine what "he/she has" - I might really want a wide-open offense, but I don't have the speed this year that I had last - I might want to grind it out, ball-control, but I don't have the pieces I need - In baseball, I might prefer to put pressure on my opponent by using speed but it's not there this year although I have some power so we will play for the big inning. Nick Saban has changed his offensive identity several times over the last decade. He never really has a star QB but they still won - now he has 4 QBs in the NFL - I'm sure you see what I am getting at ---
These users thanked the author WVAPPeer for the post:
appstatealum
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!
Actually, WV- I am the one that made the posts that is credited in this post to appstatealum. I said our team had the identity of not quitting and continued that in the next post that is credited to appstatealum as well.

User avatar
APPdiesel
Posts: 2568
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:53 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 789 times
Been thanked: 1423 times
Contact:

Re: #TeamAppState

Unread post by APPdiesel » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:55 am

I’m genuinely shocked and pleasantly surprised at how Sloan’s defense has improved the last few games (that prevent D that didn’t prevent anything on JMU’s 4th and 18 should haunt him forever) but for the most part they’ve been lights out for 3 straight games. Earlier this season on the CSNSunbelt board a Georgia Southern fan even said he was having flash backs of bad Sloan defenses in Statesboro. So shout out to him and to the players for that turn around.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

AppSt94
Posts: 10010
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Huntersville, NC
Has thanked: 6622 times
Been thanked: 4156 times

Re: #TeamAppState

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:59 am

APPdiesel wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:55 am
I’m genuinely shocked and pleasantly surprised at how Sloan’s defense has improved the last few games (that prevent D that didn’t prevent anything on JMU’s 4th and 18 should haunt him forever) but for the most part they’ve been lights out for 3 straight games. Earlier this season on the CSNSunbelt board a Georgia Southern fan even said he was having flash backs of bad Sloan defenses in Statesboro. So shout out to him and to the players for that turn around.
I have a different take on the 4&18. From my seats, he just threw up a prayer that was caught. QB took a big hit while slinging it and the guy just ran under it. When he made that play, it just felt like JMU was just destined to run the table. Good teams find ways to win with a few lucky breaks here and there.

appstate24
Posts: 1569
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:33 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 2102 times
Been thanked: 1246 times

Re: #TeamAppState

Unread post by appstate24 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:06 am

appgrad2010 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:07 pm
Nate Noel ok? Does anyone know status...
My question as well? Hoping the RB room is full strength Saturday.

GO APPS!!

User avatar
APPdiesel
Posts: 2568
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:53 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 789 times
Been thanked: 1423 times
Contact:

Re: #TeamAppState

Unread post by APPdiesel » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:11 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:59 am
APPdiesel wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:55 am
I’m genuinely shocked and pleasantly surprised at how Sloan’s defense has improved the last few games (that prevent D that didn’t prevent anything on JMU’s 4th and 18 should haunt him forever) but for the most part they’ve been lights out for 3 straight games. Earlier this season on the CSNSunbelt board a Georgia Southern fan even said he was having flash backs of bad Sloan defenses in Statesboro. So shout out to him and to the players for that turn around.
I have a different take on the 4&18. From my seats, he just threw up a prayer that was caught. QB took a big hit while slinging it and the guy just ran under it. When he made that play, it just felt like JMU was just destined to run the table. Good teams find ways to win with a few lucky breaks here and there.
Oh of course. There’s always more context. Maybe our players made a mistake. Maybe they ran that play perfectly. Either way the JMU receiver just made a crazy athletic play. It’s never as simple as saying “the Braves’ bats went cold in the playoffs”…that takes away credit from what the Phillies did to shut them down. Always more moving pieces to the equation. Regardless, the play wasn’t executed correctly or the big play is prevented…that’s the whole point of prevent D. Still, everyone involved has stepped up the last 3 weeks and they all deserve credit for that.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

mike87
Posts: 1308
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:55 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1330 times
Been thanked: 1125 times

Re: #TeamAppState

Unread post by mike87 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:30 am

a couple wins and all a sudden there's a big Kumbaya at the Cabin.

Welcome back everyone, now beat Southern!

AppSt94
Posts: 10010
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Huntersville, NC
Has thanked: 6622 times
Been thanked: 4156 times

Re: #TeamAppState

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:34 am

APPdiesel wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:11 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:59 am
APPdiesel wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:55 am
I’m genuinely shocked and pleasantly surprised at how Sloan’s defense has improved the last few games (that prevent D that didn’t prevent anything on JMU’s 4th and 18 should haunt him forever) but for the most part they’ve been lights out for 3 straight games. Earlier this season on the CSNSunbelt board a Georgia Southern fan even said he was having flash backs of bad Sloan defenses in Statesboro. So shout out to him and to the players for that turn around.
I have a different take on the 4&18. From my seats, he just threw up a prayer that was caught. QB took a big hit while slinging it and the guy just ran under it. When he made that play, it just felt like JMU was just destined to run the table. Good teams find ways to win with a few lucky breaks here and there.
Oh of course. There’s always more context. Maybe our players made a mistake. Maybe they ran that play perfectly. Either way the JMU receiver just made a crazy athletic play. It’s never as simple as saying “the Braves’ bats went cold in the playoffs”…that takes away credit from what the Phillies did to shut them down. Always more moving pieces to the equation. Regardless, the play wasn’t executed correctly or the big play is prevented…that’s the whole point of prevent D. Still, everyone involved has stepped up the last 3 weeks and they all deserve credit for that.
Yes. It was a fluky play. We were getting home with three down lineman so you would think 8 guys could stop the conversion. If he is second guessing himself, I wonder if he sends a delayed blitz. Who knows.

Saint3333
Posts: 13153
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 8:42 am
Has thanked: 3112 times
Been thanked: 4797 times

Re: #TeamAppState

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:41 am

https://www.google.com/search?q=JMU+app ... xW4Gw,st:0

Go to 2:26 for the 4th and 18th play. Looked like a good ball thrown under medium to heavy pressure (with only three rushers too, crazy the pressure they were able to achieve all day). WR created a step of separation and made the play.

They needed to get to the 20 and we were standing at the 10. The coverage was there to stop a TD, but did leave the first down available. You can argue we should have brought four lineman, but that leaves the QB scramble at risk. It was a conservative coverage call, but likely the same coverage most coaches would have had for that scenario with JMU's personnel.

BambooRdApp
Posts: 4419
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:32 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1613 times
Been thanked: 2952 times

Re: #TeamAppState

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:59 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:41 am
https://www.google.com/search?q=JMU+app ... xW4Gw,st:0

Go to 2:26 for the 4th and 18th play. Looked like a good ball thrown under medium to heavy pressure (with only three rushers too, crazy the pressure they were able to achieve all day). WR created a step of separation and made the play.

They needed to get to the 20 and we were standing at the 10. The coverage was there to stop a TD, but did leave the first down available. You can argue we should have brought four lineman, but that leaves the QB scramble at risk. It was a conservative coverage call, but likely the same coverage most coaches would have had for that scenario with JMU's personnel.
Dag-gum it, we should have been standing at the 18..🤣🤣
QB scrambled made a pray for a throw hoping his WR would be there...and he was. Great play for them.
Last edited by BambooRdApp on Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”