Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Game Balls: JMU

pop5app
School: Appalachian State

Re: Game Balls: JMU

Unread post by pop5app » Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:25 am

Team, coaches, APP ST.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:19 pm

I heard a stat during the game that App had 10 TFLs. If true, that’s insane. The defense came to play, they definitely deserve a game ball. So does the offense, and special teams. We kicked a number of balls through the end zone (with the wind), and didn’t miss any FGs or XPs. It was a team win.
Give 'em hell!

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:44 am

Game ball to all players and Coaches!!! AND to the APP fans that had Black & GOLD streamers!!!

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:58 am

BeauFoster wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:19 pm
I heard a stat during the game that App had 10 TFLs. If true, that’s insane. The defense came to play, they definitely deserve a game ball. So does the offense, and special teams. We kicked a number of balls through the end zone (with the wind), and didn’t miss any FGs or XPs. It was a team win.
For me one of the most overrated stats in football is sacks. While it's an important and good aspect I like to see what happens after a sack. You can sack a QB one yard behind the line and it's the same as tackling the guy 10 yards behind. If you get a sack and then the team still gets a first down and extends the drive the sack is rendered mute. I'd love to see how TFL's we have and also the result. I'd be willing to bet that in the first 7 games we had a good many that also had chunk plays allowed or drives extended. Over the past 4 games we probably have a good number of TFL's that have also led to drives being stopped. JMU came into Saturday as one of the leaders in sacks but we negated them. Our lateral pursuit has been great the past month- that's what we have been missing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”