Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Gameday App @ JMU /Game discussion

Cro-Magnon App
School: Appalachian State

Re: Gameday App @ JMU /Game discussion

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:01 am

Probably got slammed too many times in the squared circle and it seems to have rattled his brain loose. So he goes to the TV and the mike for easier money. Kind of guy that’ll drive a car at high speed into a bridge support.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:05 pm

MAD Doctor wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:43 pm
C1B44C1B-6971-4F3E-A8D4-4794DAE3F39A.jpeg
To my earlier post about JMU leaving a bad taste in everyone's mouth, this meme is an excellent example of that.
As a regional school and one that's pretty new to FBS sports, the Dukes are working overtime to establish a negative reputation.

Think about how the programs are/will be perceived by others:

"App State? Oh yeah, you guys beat Michigan and Texas A&M."

Versus...

"James Madison? Oh yeah, you guys were the ones who whined, cried & sued the NCAA when you didn't get your way."

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:22 pm

Bootsy wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:05 pm
MAD Doctor wrote:
To my earlier post about JMU leaving a bad taste in everyone's mouth, this meme is an excellent example of that.
As a regional school and one that's pretty new to FBS sports, the Dukes are working overtime to establish a negative reputation.

Versus...

"James Madison? Oh yeah, you guys were the ones who whined, cried & sued the NCAA when you didn't get your way."
I took a fast look over at their message board, they're not taking the loss very well. LOL One person said he wanted to punch the ref that called the OT TD in the mouth. Nevertheless, last year we were upset about a "suspected" missed call as well. Thus in the end, things even out, in theory that is.

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:30 pm

WataugaMan wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:22 pm
Bootsy wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:05 pm
MAD Doctor wrote:

Versus...

I took a fast look over at their message board, they're not taking the loss very well. LOL One person said he wanted to punch the ref that called the OT TD in the mouth. Nevertheless, last year we were upset about a "suspected" missed call as well. Thus in the end, things even out, in theory that is.
Kinda hard to be mad at the ref when the video shows he crossed the line with the ball.......

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:34 pm

I honestly don't think the general public perception of JMU is as "whiners". That perception is more prevalent with those of us who live SBC football.

The final OT touchdown was definitely in. I would point out that upon review the refs said the call was confirmed. They didn't just say the call stands.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:04 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:34 pm
I honestly don't think the general public perception of JMU is as "whiners". That perception is more prevalent with those of us who live SBC football.

The final OT touchdown was definitely in. I would point out that upon review the refs said the call was confirmed. They didn't just say the call stands.
Yes, he was in for sure. I watched a recording yesterday as it was hard to see in the stands live. When 2 got turned around initially, the ball crossed the goal line. After that and a step later, he began to lose the ball. Clearly had possession when crossed goal line...which is all the rules require.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:02 pm

Wonderful play, he was definitely across the line and a fraction of a second later the ball was coming out too, wasn't sure if we were going to get screwed or not for a minute there. I'm still giddy about that win.

So many chances for that game to not go to overtime on some dropped passes and dropped interceptions throughout the game. As well as we played compared to earlier in the season, some aspects of the game made it closer than it should have been. This is a season where we've made winning challenging most every week. If we'd played all season like Saturday at JMU, then we may be whining about exclusion from a Big Bowl game. Right now I think we are playing well enough to win the Sun Belt.
BLACK SATURDAY

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:11 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:02 pm
Wonderful play, he was definitely across the line and a fraction of a second later the ball was coming out too, wasn't sure if we were going to get screwed or not for a minute there. I'm still giddy about that win.

So many chances for that game to not go to overtime on some dropped passes and dropped interceptions throughout the game. As well as we played compared to earlier in the season, some aspects of the game made it closer than it should have been. This is a season where we've made winning challenging most every week. If we'd played all season like Saturday at JMU, then we may be whining about exclusion from a Big Bowl game. Right now I think we are playing well enough to win the Sun Belt.
We would be undefeated... including beating the Heels..
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

falcoapp

Unread post by falcoapp » Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:36 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:04 pm
Yosef84 wrote:

Yes, he was in for sure. I watched a recording yesterday as it was hard to see in the stands live. When 2 got turned around initially, the ball crossed the goal line. After that and a step later, he began to lose the ball. Clearly had possession when crossed goal line...which is all the rules require.
Just to play devils advocate because I've seen enough SBC referring to wonder; if they had ruled that play a fumble would they of had the guts to overturn it in H-Burg? I feel like we've been on the wrong end of alot of reviews, so my gut says no. Thank god they called it a TD on the field.

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:52 pm

falcoapp wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:36 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:

Just to play devils advocate because I've seen enough SBC referring to wonder; if they had ruled that play a fumble would they of had the guts to overturn it in H-Burg? I feel like we've been on the wrong end of alot of reviews, so my gut says no. Thank god they called it a TD on the field.
Yeah they would have. They made the call that the call on the field was confirmed. I think someone else was talking about this in another thread or on this one.

falcoapp

Unread post by falcoapp » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:05 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:52 pm
falcoapp wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:36 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:

Yeah they would have. They made the call that the call on the field was confirmed. I think someone else was talking about this in another thread or on this one.
I don't think we can say for certain what a SBC crew would have ruled after video replay had it originally been ruled a fumble.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:08 pm

50/50. Glad they called it like they did. I don't trust them.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:11 pm

All fair takes. But if this waiver thing drags on and on, perceptions are likely to change.

And given all of the questionable calls SBC officials have made over the season, I’m happy this one happened right in front of the goal line camera.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:46 pm

His left foot was on the line, the ball was in his left hand, he was upright. TD, no doubt…no doubt in my mind

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:57 pm

Personally I feel the ball was over the line right before Robinson was turned.

falcoapp

Unread post by falcoapp » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:15 pm

I have no doubt Robinson was over the line. Thought so in real time and confirmed in review.

However, had it been called the other way, I have serious doubts a SBC crew has the balls to overturn it from previous expierence.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:15 pm

not only that but a fumble thru the endzone would have given JMU the win - no 4th down play
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:17 pm

Yes glad the ref saw it before the replay.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:41 pm

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:46 pm
His left foot was on the line, the ball was in his left hand, he was upright. TD, no doubt…no doubt in my mind
Exactly. I saw it and processed it in real time. Any halfway decent line judge wouldn't have even struggled to make that call.
The Appalachian State

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:45 pm

biggie wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:17 pm
Yes glad the ref saw it before the replay.
We were due some restitution on some bad game complexion ref calls over the past couple of years. Although it was a clear TD called by the ref at the play.
BLACK SATURDAY

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”