Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Moving on to Georgia State (A) 11 Nov 2023 at 2 PM

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Moving on to Georgia State (A) 11 Nov 2023 at 2 PM

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:54 pm

App is on a 2 game winning streak and GaSt is on a two game losing streak.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Yosefus

Re: Moving on to Georgia State (A) 11 Nov 2023 at 2 PM

Unread post by Yosefus » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:02 pm

I like our chances tonight better than I did after 1ST half vs SoMiss. Our guys play like they did tonight we win!

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:03 pm

We turned the corner, we win this one with ease. Changes have been made on both offense and defense and this team believes. You could see them on the sidelines before kickoff, they were ready. This team wins next week.

App_in_Maiden

Unread post by App_in_Maiden » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:19 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:03 pm
We turned the corner, we win this one with ease. Changes have been made on both offense and defense and this team believes. You could see them on the sidelines before kickoff, they were ready. This team wins next week.
Watching it on my phone, that sideline was nothing like what it has appeared to be the last few years. That place was rocking and it really showed on that early interception. The whole team was there. Something has definitely changed.
“I don’t like talking to people I know, but strangers I have no problem with.” -Larry David

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:40 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Agreed. This team looks different. Frustrating thing is that if we looked like this all year we are 8-1 or better. I said time and time again it’s coaching and not talent that was issue. Coaches have made a lot of changes which proves the point we could have done better. I think we can beat GSU for sure.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:04 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:40 pm
t4pizza wrote:
Agreed. This team looks different. Frustrating thing is that if we looked like this all year we are 8-1 or better. I said time and time again it’s coaching and not talent that was issue. Coaches have made a lot of changes which proves the point we could have done better. I think we can beat GSU for sure.
When you’re losing close games, you don’t throw the baby out with the bath water and completely change everything. You make it sound like App got blown out in every loss this season.

Sloan changed the defensive scheme and it’s working. Other than that, credit the players for being coachable, correcting mistakes and not giving up. It’s a process.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:47 am

Bootsy wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:04 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
t4pizza wrote:
When you’re losing close games, you don’t throw the baby out with the bath water and completely change everything. You make it sound like App got blown out in every loss this season.

Sloan changed the defensive scheme and it’s working. Other than that, credit the players for being coachable, correcting mistakes and not giving up. It’s a process.
I agree with AppStFan1 tho. The problems have been the same all season, but they just seemed to start getting fixed last week. I know it takes time for change to take hold, but it would have just been real nice if those changes had happened before the Coastal and ODU games. A 7-2 record right now would give me a lot more confidence going into these last 3.
After seeing the change in this team over the last 2 weeks, I’m a lot more confident about beating GA State. I’m still very wary of JMU and Southern.

But hey! A win next Saturday and we’re going bowling! Go App! Win the Shawn Bowl! (The Shawning? The Shawn-Down? Shawn-Off? Shawn vs. Shawn?)

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:59 am

Black Yosef helmets were the intangible that propelled the team to victory last night. Next weekend attire should be white patriotic Yosef for the win!!
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:33 am

Marshall’s struggling offense was what this defense needed to gain some confidence. GA St’s offense will be a step up from yesterday. And they will be fired up to get their first every win against us.

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:46 am

Bootsy wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
t4pizza wrote:

Worse statement on this board in bold above --- just awful -

How bout don't fumble vs Coastal, how bout block for FG at Wyoming, how bout hand the ball off at ODU on 2 and 6 and don't fumble. 3 player mistakes had nothing to do with schemes or coaching.

All of ya'll OVERREACT so bad to now you are going the other way with after a win, we are the greatest, talent is awesome=🙄
You OVERREACT after a one point loss, fire Clark, coaches suck=🙄

That's why ya''ll won't be flag football coaching champs, if you stick to the plan and make subtle changes, good things happen you stick to the plan and get healthy (Noel and Gibbs), you stick to the plan and momentum swings.

September schedule (2 straight seasons of it) took a load out of this squad,(the '22 Chase Brice team just folded)
they have went through the mud now coming back out better! high character people in the football program to stay the course and not read all the hate or the rumors floating.

If #TeamClark was a stock you better buy it now. (stole that from Dabo after he beat Notre Dame yesterday😎)

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:48 am

We had one game that we dominated and one close one that went our way.... Seems a good number are back to crowning us "back".... Others are singing the righteous song of Clarkdom. Let's not swell the heads for a big let down. I love this new found team "togetherness" and fire they found last night. It was def missing in prior games. Beat Ga State and we will be able to say we turned a corner. Kudos to the players and all the coaches and staff for a well played game against Marshall. Keep that same focus and drive and get it done against on Elliot & Co.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:53 am

MrCraig wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:47 am
Bootsy wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
t4pizza wrote:

I agree with AppStFan1 tho. The problems have been the same all season, but they just seemed to start getting fixed last week. I know it takes time for change to take hold, but it would have just been real nice if those changes had happened before the Coastal and ODU games. A 7-2 record right now would give me a lot more confidence going into these last 3.
After seeing the change in this team over the last 2 weeks, I’m a lot more confident about beating GA State. I’m still very wary of JMU and Southern.

But hey! A win next Saturday and we’re going bowling! Go App! Win the Shawn Bowl! (The Shawning? The Shawn-Down? Shawn-Off? Shawn vs. Shawn?)
But that's the thing...the problems have NOT been the same from week to week. Against ODU and Southern Miss, we couldn't stop the run. Against Coastal and ULM, it was pass defense. We've had blown special teams (Wyoming) and fumbles / busted plays by otherwise stand-out athletes (Fumble by Milan Tucker, dropped lateral by Davis that set up Wyoming's first TD. Fumbles / interceptions by Aguilar). We seemed cursed in that we found such a variety of ways to shoot ourselves in the foot. Aguilar was playing well at the beginning of the year, but his progress has been HUGE. He is making better decisions, using his legs, playing to win!

The amount of progress that needed to happen was never huge. The whole idea of burning it down to re-build never seemed like the right move. No, I'm not saying coaches should have an indefinite time to develop but Clark has been progressing despite what some say. The team never gave up and never turned on coaches. We aren't at the promised land but yet, but it does look like we are getting there. A game like last night can flip a switch (Troy 2014). We still have a tough road ahead but there is reason for hope.

GO APPS!

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:25 am

Noticed Burger was not dressed last night (he was in street clothes and a jersey). I’m assuming “the injury has ended his season” so he can possibly qualify for a medical redshirt?

Unrelated to that, I was glad to see the team eliminate some of the various mistakes that have been made over the course of the last 6 weeks. The defense looked to be taking better angles to the ball, and were making tackles that we’ve missed. The d-line got pressure they haven’t been getting. The secondary made some good plays and seemed to be out of position much less than earlier in the season, which isn’t surprising - we all know Sloan is a good to great secondary coach and would get that turned around eventually. One game doesn’t mean the work is done, but it is trending in a better direction than it was 3 weeks ago.

I still hate the feeling that we’re “hoping” for 1 more win to get bowl eligible. We honestly should already be there, except for some bad mistakes or fluke plays. But the path is there, we just have to take it. I’d really like to see us finish at 7-5, or god willing, 8-4. I think we can beat GaSt, and have a 50/50 chance against GaSo if we can continue to straighten out the secondary. The only thing that gives me hope against JMU is the fact that Clark seems to really do well in “big games”. Not sure why, but historically his teams have played up to those games.
Give 'em hell!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:57 am

Bootsy wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
t4pizza wrote:

Obviously we didn’t but we made tons mistakes and never looked good for four quarters.

Marshall has a losing record and has been awful since week 4 but this is a good first step. It always feels good to get a win over those guys. The toughest conference stretch is coming up and a win next week would be our first against a winning team.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:08 am

A lot riding on this one. A win is bowl eligibility and momentum to possibly take another game.
A loss, and we are looking at 5-7 and a serious discussion.
Go App!
Last edited by MAD Doctor on Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:12 am

This is our best chance for a win remaining, I’m not sure we can score 30 against JMU which is a number we’ll need to hit and GS is poor matchup for our defense.

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool

Unread post by GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:14 am

1-0

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:32 am

ASUTodd wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:48 am
We had one game that we dominated and one close one that went our way.... Seems a good number are back to crowning us "back".... Others are singing the righteous song of Clarkdom. Let's not swell the heads for a big let down. I love this new found team "togetherness" and fire they found last night. It was def missing in prior games. Beat Ga State and we will be able to say we turned a corner. Kudos to the players and all the coaches and staff for a well played game against Marshall. Keep that same focus and drive and get it done against on Elliot & Co.
I loved what I saw last night. However, just like I was slow to jump on the “Fire Shawn” train, I’m not ready to get on the #TeamClark bandwagon yet either. App showed me they can play 4 complete quarters, finally. Can they do it 3-4 more times?

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:36 am

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:46 am
Bootsy wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
t4pizza wrote:

Worse statement on this board in bold above --- just awful -

How bout don't fumble vs Coastal, how bout block for FG at Wyoming, how bout hand the ball off at ODU on 2 and 6 and don't fumble. 3 player mistakes had nothing to do with schemes or coaching.

All of ya'll OVERREACT so bad to now you are going the other way with after a win, we are the greatest, talent is awesome=🙄
You OVERREACT after a one point loss, fire Clark, coaches suck=🙄

That's why ya''ll won't be flag football coaching champs, if you stick to the plan and make subtle changes, good things happen you stick to the plan and get healthy (Noel and Gibbs), you stick to the plan and momentum swings.

September schedule (2 straight seasons of it) took a load out of this squad,(the '22 Chase Brice team just folded)
they have went through the mud now coming back out better! high character people in the football program to stay the course and not read all the hate or the rumors floating.

If #TeamClark was a stock you better buy it now. (stole that from Dabo after he beat Notre Dame yesterday😎)
The amount of wrong you type is really impressive. The only one I’ll point out is that App’s September schedule this year wasn’t that hard. It seemed that way at the beginning of the year, but now we know GW is just an ok FCS team, ECU and ULM are garbage, and UNC is massively overrated.

EDIT TO ADD: App’s strength of schedule so far is 114 out of 133 teams. Texas State is the only Sun Belt school with an easier schedule. To me, 5-4 against a schedule that easy is enough to be disappointed in this season no matter what happens the next 3 games.
Last edited by MrCraig on Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:45 am

Just out of curiosity let's say we run the table and Texas State beats Coastal is there any way we host the Belt Championship? If those 2 things happen we win the East but how can we host if the West Champ has 2 losses as well?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”