Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

#TeamClark

DenverOfTheEast
School: Appalachian State

#TeamClark

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:56 pm

I hope and pray that Shawn has someone around him as smart as me to put this on paper in front of Dougie and the Circle of Fakes:

The following teams and the number of 5th year or older players, I researched each roster web site,(you are free to google this as well) the following numbers DO NOT INCLUDE normal seniors:

#17 - DUKE - has 25 Graduate Transfers, yes 25!!! probably the reason they are ranked and whipped Clemson.

JMU - 13 Graduate or 5th year seniors
MARSHALL - 13 Graduate or 5th year seniors
GA State - 14 Graduate or 5th year seniors

now here is where this sh*t gets good.....

Coastal Carolina has 31 Graduate or 5th year seniors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ga STINK University --- 31 Graduate or OLDER.
They have 11 players in their 6th year of COLLEGE!! and 1 player in his 7th year!! (this reminded me of a YosefCabin board member AppState95&97 😂😂)

Now, how many does #TeamClark/AppState have __________ only 7........

So I would say and continue to repeat myself this is the rebuild!!!!! leave him alone he is building it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Re: #TeamClark

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:05 pm

Just hope we can get to 7-5 so we can find out

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:06 pm

This is a very valid point that many don't want to hear. The constant coaching changes between the end of the seasons in 18 and 19 coupled with significant position coach and coordinator changes since 18 helped lead to a situation where we have very little older experienced players. It makes a difference. And I don't say that as an excuse, it is just a fact of the matter for our team.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:12 pm

DOTE--- keep posting while you are allowed to post...if nothing else, the post are humorous...a reporter from The National Enquirer is mounting a campaign to get you banned.😂😂😂
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:14 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:06 pm
This is a very valid point that many don't want to hear. The constant coaching changes between the end of the seasons in 18 and 19 coupled with significant position coach and coordinator changes since 18 helped lead to a situation where we have very little older experienced players. It makes a difference. And I don't say that as an excuse, it is just a fact of the matter for our team.
Hey Pizza King - I only make valid points. 😎

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:18 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:12 pm
DOTE--- keep posting while you are allowed to post...if nothing else, the post are humorous...a reporter from The National Enquirer is mounting a campaign to get you banned.😂😂😂

Post maybe humorous, but the post above is all facts. No need to band me, I will band myself at some point. I'll leave like a ghost in the night.

All you baseball daddies, will whine next summer, "well they had a 15 year old playing against my 11 year old little Johnny"
basically same thing I just posted, older always wins, it will cycle out and be back to normal.

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:27 pm

I firmly believe that there is a world of difference between a G5 team with 30ish 23-24 year old men who have played for 5 (or more) seasons versus a team playing 19 year olds who have played 2 (maybe a half) seasons.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:42 pm

But still, he’s been coach for 3.5 seasons. 6-6 two seasons in a row is not excusable, especially with the transfer portal. I still believe we will be 7-5 or better, but if not, not sure we will find out.

MtnMan14

Unread post by MtnMan14 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:49 pm

After watching football around the Sunbelt today, I will be shocked if we do better than 5-7 this year. I think Southern Miss and ODU are beatable, but I can’t see us hanging with anyone else. Hope I’m wrong, but it seems this team is already fractured considering DOTE was posting about how certain players already have deals lined up for next year with P5s (which got deleted by mods I’m assuming because that’s entirely inappropriate to post on a public forum). Marshall, GaSt, GaSo, and JMU are head and shoulders better than us. I guess it’s because they have so much more money and support than App State does from what others have stated on this forum. App just can’t hang with powerhouse schools like GaSt who brings in tons of money and just has a crazy football atmosphere. We’re doing the best we can with #TeamClark!

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:53 pm

Clark has been coach for 4 years. Assistant coaching turnover and losing recruits is on him too. He’s the head coach.

MtnMan14

Unread post by MtnMan14 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:05 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:53 pm
Clark has been coach for 4 years. Assistant coaching turnover and losing recruits is on him too. He’s the head coach.
You just don’t understand. Poor head coach Clark was thrust into this position and has no power over it. Nothing that happens is his fault. It’s those darned student athletes that won’t do what they’re told! #TeamClark!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:55 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:56 pm
I hope and pray that Shawn has someone around him as smart as me to put this on paper in front of Dougie and the Circle of Fakes:

The following teams and the number of 5th year or older players, I researched each roster web site,(you are free to google this as well) the following numbers DO NOT INCLUDE normal seniors:

#17 - DUKE - has 25 Graduate Transfers, yes 25!!! probably the reason they are ranked and whipped Clemson.

They have 11 players in their 6th year of COLLEGE!! and 1 player in his 7th year!! (this reminded me of a YosefCabin board member AppState95&97 😂😂)

So I would say and continue to repeat myself this is the rebuild!!!!! leave him alone he is building it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Question. Did you know that App State's website has added the COVID year to all our players so the redshirt juniors or 5th year juniors are really seniors if not for COVID? I am pretty sure the other schools aren't doing that. Our real number is 31 if you don't give the COVID year like the other schools have done.

For example, Brendan Harrington is listed as a redshirt junior because of his medical years and we have adjusted our roster to give him the COVID year instead of listing like normal and then just adding super senior at the end. Dashaun Davis is in his 5th year. Noel is a true senior.

Duke is not doing that. So their OT Graham Barton is listed as a senior but on App State's roster he would be listed as a 4th year junior.

That is why the numbers are off.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:56 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Our real number is 31 because our staff has listed the COVID eligibility of each player. Like last year Hodges and Hampton were listed as juniors but with out COVID they were actually redshirt seniors instead of listed as a redshirt junior.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:16 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:12 pm
:lol:

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:53 am

Who is responsible for getting these transfers? Do all those other schools have someone recruiting grad transfers? Why do they have more?

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:12 am

MrCraig wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:53 pm
Assistant coaching turnover comes down to App State doesn't squat and you not keeping someone who is going to a P5, you are just being kinda stupid at this point over that topic.

Everyone loses recruits in every sport, you're making up something that isn't relevant or close to topic.

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:14 am

pop5app wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:53 am
Who is responsible for getting these transfers? Do all those other schools have someone recruiting grad transfers? Why do they have more?
obviously the coaching staff, but the topic above and my continuous beating of a dead horse has stated that App State academics is not liberal in allowing transfers to get in, where the above mentioned schools are super liberal in transfer admissions.
(conservative in admissions is about the only area Appy is conservative in these days, just a little barb there.)

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:17 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:56 pm
t4pizza wrote:
Our real number is 31 because our staff has listed the COVID eligibility of each player. Like last year Hodges and Hampton were listed as juniors but with out COVID they were actually redshirt seniors instead of listed as a redshirt junior.
your'e so clueless - you send me a private message saying our kicker is a sophomore and the roster has him as a junior. App State real number is not 31, some kids have normal redshirts but they won't get that extra COVID year o r 6th or 7th year.

Don't send me a private message anymore trying to be my friend and make peace, when your data is off by miles. I do my research.

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:24 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:55 pm
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:56 pm

Question. Did you know that App State's website has added the COVID year to all our players so the redshirt juniors or 5th year juniors are really seniors if not for COVID? I am pretty sure the other schools aren't doing that. Our real number is 31 if you don't give the COVID year like the other schools have done.

For example, Brendan Harrington is listed as a redshirt junior because of his medical years and we have adjusted our roster to give him the COVID year instead of listing like normal and then just adding super senior at the end. Dashaun Davis is in his 5th year. Noel is a true senior.

Duke is not doing that. So their OT Graham Barton is listed as a senior but on App State's roster he would be listed as a 4th year junior.

That is why the numbers are off.
I stated before if they had (R) or (Gr) or (6th) or (7th) in their class column they were counted in the above data. I didn't count a person with normal (Sr) and why would I count any underclassmen...

My research and points are proven correctly time and time again.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:32 am

Grad transfers can be a great quick fix but that's not how to build a program. By definition, you generally have a year of eligibility and you are replacing that position again. Grad transfers are a great way to buy time for a younger player to develop and plug holes, but not the ongoing solution. Just my opinion of course.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”