Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Coastal discussion

ah59396
School: Appalachian State

Re: Coastal discussion

Unread post by ah59396 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:42 pm

BallantyneApp wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:38 pm
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:35 pm
falcoapp wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:31 pm
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:25 pm
Clark went for it on 4th and 7 and Robinson drops the ball. (great decision)

Clark went for it on 4th and 3 and Stroman scores a TD (great decision)

Tucker fumbles the ball -- on a 50 yard play to ice the game.

NOEL DID NOT PLAY
NOEL DID NOT PLAY

McCall is pretty dang good

But that's the worst 1st quarter I have ever watched in Kidd Brewer, App State was plum awful in the 1st quarter. (still held them to only 27 points)

Might as well part ways with him, I figured ULM was the wake up call honestly, but damn every game will be no joy to coach for Clark, he will be coaching for his career each week and honestly that ain't no way to do it.

#TeamClark mantra is officially done, hate for him. He's had some very poor breaks, tonight was an example of 2 huge plays.
Wtf do you mean he's had bad breaks. Like coming out flat on national TV on 10 days rest when favored by 6.5 and spotting the other team 14 points?
Those highlights above and the Marshall fumble by the tight end in 2020

The missed 30 yarder at Ga Southern last year --

That's just 4 breaks, probably more.
He’s had some bad breaks, l but also some lucky bounces.

If you play every game to be a one score game you’re going to be lucky to win more than 50%
Exactly this. Good breaks and bad breaks are part of football. At some point the cream rises and quality teams ensure the bad breaks aren’t back breakers.
YNWA

BTK2000

Unread post by BTK2000 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:43 pm

Walking back to the car I overheard a couple of students talking behind me and the quotes were

“I don’t know why everyone gets so excited, we haven’t been any good since I started here”

“That Texas a&m game was just a weird fluke”

I’m currently done with this coaching staff. I don’t care if the person has never set foot inside the town of Boone. If they win football games I want them here and it ain’t what we have right now.
Last edited by BTK2000 on Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheAppalachianState

Unread post by TheAppalachianState » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:44 pm

If no dramatic changes get made, the trajectory of this program will lose the national interest that’s been built. I like Clark as a person, but as soon as his first game in a bowl game came out barely a win, I knew it wasn’t going to be a heroric run again. The losses we’ve incurred solidify those feelings. They should start eyeing an offensive coordinator

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:46 pm

Like how many blowouts happen each week in football, there is a lot of close games, ya'll want blow outs, these other schools spend and coach too. Not every kid wants to come to Boone to play ball, Coastal, Ga State, Charlotte have all eaten out of the App State recruiting pie the last decade and it's starting to show. It's Lay of the land fellows

Biggest line in the NFL is usually 10 points each week and that is with Mahomes or 49ers, rest of the games is tight.

It's a new day man. Parity rules. App State Football has only the 7/8th best budget in the Sun Belt, good luck.

You can Change the leader but it's still not going to change the infrastructure of what's going on. Just because App State has the most passionate fans, best attendance in the SBC doesn't mean the team will go undefeated. No one has went undefeated in SBC yet that has coached at App State.

N_Bryant86

Unread post by N_Bryant86 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:46 pm

Again fire this coaching staff, who has the kickstarter ready to go
Class of 09

RankinApp

Unread post by RankinApp » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:48 pm

BTK2000 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:43 pm
Walking back to the car I overheard a couple of students talking behind me and the quotes were

“I don’t know why everyone gets so excited, we haven’t been any good since I started here”

I’m currently done with this coaching staff. I don’t care if the person has never set foot inside the town of Boone. If they win football games I want them here and it ain’t what we have right now.
I'm curious what the stadium looks like when the cold really sets in and the team is losing games. How will the athletic department continue to ask for the money they're currently demanding for Yosef Club contributions to buy season tickets, the tickets themselves.. parking passes.. etc.

At some point something has got to give..

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:50 pm

RankinApp wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:48 pm
BTK2000 wrote:

I'm curious what the stadium looks like when the cold really sets in and the team is losing games. How will the athletic department continue to ask for the money they're currently demanding for Yosef Club contributions to buy season tickets, the tickets themselves.. parking passes.. etc.

Maybe DG leaves if that starts to happen?
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:52 pm

RankinApp wrote:
BTK2000 wrote:

If we don’t beat ODU, homecoming might be thin. 5 hour trip planned for that one.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:53 pm

BTK2000 wrote:

This. I referenced this in the Clark thread last week. Unfortunately, you highlighted a huge problem- the perverbial holes in the boat. A 4 year class of kids not experiencing high quality App State branded football.
The Appalachian State

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:55 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:46 pm
Like how many blowouts happen each week in football, there is a lot of close games, ya'll want blow outs, these other schools spend and coach too. Not every kid wants to come to Boone to play ball, Coastal, Ga State, Charlotte have all eaten out of the App State recruiting pie the last decade and it's starting to show. It's Lay of the land fellows

Biggest line in the NFL is usually 10 points each week and that is with Mahomes or 49ers, rest of the games is tight.

It's a new day man. Parity rules. App State Football has only the 7/8th best budget in the Sun Belt, good luck.

You can Change the leader but it's still not going to change the infrastructure of what's going on. Just because App State has the most passionate fans, best attendance in the SBC doesn't mean the team will go undefeated. No one has went undefeated in SBC yet that has coached at App State.
First all budget #s for sunbelt teams are public knowledge and App isnt 7/8.

2nd that’s a straw man people aren’t demanding undefeated seasons just winning football and an occasional solid victory.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:02 pm

Y’all clark defenders are out of ammo.

He’s done and good riddance.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:03 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:50 pm
RankinApp wrote:
BTK2000 wrote:

Bring Cobb back?

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:04 pm

Nate Noel dressed and in a helmet and walking on the sidelines and didn’t play in a tight game.

Fuck the dog house. Play your best players

mountainman33

Unread post by mountainman33 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:05 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
ayy_lmappstate wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:27 pm
Man it would be so cathartic to come in here as a Coastal fan and see this meltdown. Some of you pretending you’re going to quit being a fan if Clark isn’t fired tomorrow lol. If you don’t have a degree from App, wtf are you doing here? Go root for Ohio State and be happy.
I don’t have a degree here what’s your point? That make me lesser of a fan? Grow up poindexter
All fans are welcome. There shouldn't be any gatekeeping. I still love my team, but I'm extremely disappointed in the product we're putting on the field. I do feel better coaching would make a difference, especially with close games. That 1st quarter was horrible coming off a rest. It's the little things compounding and I don't see an antidote. Just more very high highs and very low lows. I think we need a change at this point, but I think Clark would still be a great OL coach.
-----------------------------------
Class of 2003 :geek:
Go Apps!!!
Former Austin Alumni Chapter President

N_Bryant86

Unread post by N_Bryant86 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:07 pm

One more time for you Clark riders, what has he done. This was on him, did you not listen to his pressers this week. Its time to clean house
Class of 09

Hambone09

Unread post by Hambone09 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:18 pm

What do you think is going to happen if we do part with with SC? Some one is magically going to come in and bring us back to winning 11 games? Rebuilds take time and honestly none of you on this board have patience for that.. you would be looking at 3 years of being average at best.. not sure what the answer is at the moment but I do know we have a football team fighting and playing hard for a whole game. The season isn’t over, just need to string some wins together.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:19 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:03 pm
/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:50 pm
RankinApp wrote:
BTK2000 wrote:

Bring Cobb back?
Heck no. Seriously though, what stops DG from leaving if the going gets tough
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

ayy_lmappstate

Unread post by ayy_lmappstate » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:21 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
ayy_lmappstate wrote:
Man it would be so cathartic to come in here as a Coastal fan and see this meltdown. Some of you pretending you’re going to quit being a fan if Clark isn’t fired tomorrow lol. If you don’t have a degree from App, wtf are you doing here? Go root for Ohio State and be happy.
I don’t have a degree here what’s your point? That make me lesser of a fan? Grow up poindexter
Nah you missed it. Those of us who paid an assload of money for the piece of paper flat out don’t have a choice anymore. This is our school whether they suck or not. If you like this team just because and stick around when they’re laying turds, then hell you’re probably a better fan than the grads. Most of them were back at the dorm by the 3rd quarter.

If you throw a tantrum when we lose and threaten to burn the App gear you bought this morning, then you better not have attended here and you should go float to a team that can buy a playoff spot.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:22 pm

ayy_lmappstate wrote:
I have a degree here. Sticker price.

Good riddance to coach Clark.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:22 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:16 pm
Boonegoon wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:15 pm
MrCraig wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:13 pm
I hate watching this team.

Fire Shawn Clark. I would literally rather truly suck for a year or two while rebuilding than watch this mediocre comedy every week.
You do know this is a rebuilding year? We need to realize the landscape is not like it was. There’s money now and we don’t have it. NIL is real
What the absolute hell are you talking about? This is Shawn Clark’s FOURTH YEAR. This team should be full of juniors and seniors HE recruited and they should be kicking ass. THAT AINT HAPPENING!
Clark's first recruiting class were freshman in 2021 and none of them were able to be recruited in person due to covid, so none of them could possibly be a senior. Our seniors and juniors (4th and 5th year players with redshirt years) would have come from the 19 (mostly Satt but Drink finished) and 20 (mostly Drink but Clark finished) and there are very few on the team. Most of the kids making plays are Clark's recruits or transfers but they are still young and make mistakes.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”