Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Block A at Midfield

Dmanuhone
School: Appalachian State

Block A at Midfield

Unread post by Dmanuhone » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:15 pm

Will it and the other A's on the buildings be changed to the black style?
Victory Yosef visited the Virgin Islands, now they are just called the Islands

asu7

Re: Block A at Midfield

Unread post by asu7 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:17 pm

I really don't think this is a university wide change. Just the helmets. After thinking about it ... maybe the white didn't look good with the matte? Either way I don't think the gym floor or football field will be changing.

Unread post by 8993 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:58 pm

Folks, there has been NO official logo change. If there had been a logo change, Appalachian State would have released a statement as to why the change was made and when the changes would take place. There is no reason to freak out about this logo on the helmets. It does not mean the white block A is gone.

GreatAppSt

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:55 pm

The block A is Safe. I have had a hat with a Blacked out block A for close to ten years now, I wear it for Black Saturday's it's just an alternate for awhile. BTW it'll move merchandise ;) but now mine won't be quite as unique :( .

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:57 am

8993 wrote:Folks, there has been NO official logo change. If there had been a logo change, Appalachian State would have released a statement as to why the change was made and when the changes would take place. There is no reason to freak out about this logo on the helmets. It does not mean the white block A is gone.
Exactly. I've mentioned this on here and AGS. People are freaking out needlessly, and throwing around "tradition." If the block A, introduced on the helmets in 1989 are a tradition, then so is our yellar version of gold which is actually older.
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:51 pm

It is routine for universities to have alternate logos that are used depending on the type of surface to which the logo is applied.

I frequently use Alabama as an example simply because my history with 'Bama is longer. The 'Bama script A is crimson. That's the logo on the field; that's the main one. If, however, one wants a crimson shirt with a 'Bama logo, one purchases a crimson shirt with a white script A. Crimson on crimson doesn't make sense. One can also purchase 'Bama merchandise with a crimson A outline with a clear or white center.

I can still see myself about 45 years ago not long after we'd moved to NC asking a kids what he was drawing. It was the interlocked "N" and "C" of UNC-Chapel Hill. That 6 year old kid looked at me like I was crazy and told me in no uncertain terms that it was for Carolina!

It makes sense to me to focus on the Block A as our logo with one style being THE style and others being alternates. So long as little kids all over the place are doodling little Block A's and growing up loving Appalachian State (the whole place), I'll be a very happy camper.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”