Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

ULM

Parks&RecAPP
School: Appalachian State

Re: ULM

Unread post by Parks&RecAPP » Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:47 am

MrCraig wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:26 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:03 pm
not a fan of that combo
Me neither. Just the yellow helmet doesn't contrast enough. I think this would look better with yellow or black pants. But whatever. They'll still look better than ULM's boring uniforms.
The best road combo IMO is the all-white storm trooper look.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:06 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:06 pm
Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:18 pm
I should try to find my post I did probably a couple of years ago that asked- what will happen if by some chance App doesn't win 10 games for a couple of seasons? The reactions were predictable. The unrealistic or delusional segment of the "fan base" will go nuts. The calm and rational folks won't scream for coaching changes every week. There were some who wanted us to leave the Belt and go to the AAC because clearly we are superior with our Lamborghini roster. While we were handling the Idahos and New Mexico States and the Monroe's of the old Belt people got absolutely spoiled. Some standard was established in some minds and the thought of a .500 season became unthinkable. We are using the portal now and our young roster looks strong. Barring a rash of injuries we should do well in conference play. People need to just relax.
Wait till the new bowl line up looks. When we have good seasons we will not get easy bowl games. The Sunbelt is going to get the 5 and 6 seed from the SEC or ACC. No more middle Tennessee to sandpaper that ass. I look forward to the challenge but many are going to lose their mind when we don't win a bowl every year.
I do wonder if this is actually how this will play out. I actually hope so. I want to and believe players want to play P5 in bowl games. However, the overall number of teams are not changing. I feel like the bowls will realign so that the 10th team in SEC plays the 10th team from Big 10...and so on.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:24 am

I agree I don't think you'll see more than 3-4 P4 vs. G5 bowls post realignment. Unless the powers that be want to make a statement to the BIG12 that they aren't on even footing.

We're closer to a G5 playoff than seeing the SBC get a permanent bowl pairing with a P4.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:30 am

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:11 pm
6-1 against ULM. Only time we lost to them was 52-45 a few years back. Think it was a Satterfield team. We should have fired him.
I remember that game vividly because it was the weekend of my wife's birthday, and I was watching the game on my phone while my wife got ready for dinner. After it was over she said, "Great. So now you will be in a bad mood for my birthday dinner." And it was then that I realized that I am a grown man who will not let the performance of 19-22 year old athletes dictate the quality of my life and those around me. I know this is a bit serious, but it's a lesson I think a handful of folks on this board need to learn.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:31 am

Parks&RecAPP wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:47 am
MrCraig wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
not a fan of that combo
Me neither. Just the yellow helmet doesn't contrast enough. I think this would look better with yellow or black pants. But whatever. They'll still look better than ULM's boring uniforms.
I'm partial to the classic black-white-black, but literally any other combo is better than this yellow-white-white.

Also, everyone be prepared for the Mountaineers to under-perform because the helmet stripes are bad luck. I will continue to believe this until proven otherwise.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:40 am

MrCraig wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:30 am
6-1 against ULM. Only time we lost to them was 52-45 a few years back. Think it was a Satterfield team. We should have fired him.
I remember that game vividly because it was the weekend of my wife's birthday, and I was watching the game on my phone while my wife got ready for dinner. After it was over she said, "Great. So now you will be in a bad mood for my birthday dinner." And it was then that I realized that I am a grown man who will not let the performance of 19-22 year old athletes dictate the quality of my life and those around me. I know this is a bit serious, but it's a lesson I think a handful of folks on this board need to learn.
That wife of yours needs to plan better for her birthdays. :lol:

ASU85Grad

Unread post by ASU85Grad » Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:32 am

MrCraig wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:31 am
Parks&RecAPP wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
not a fan of that combo
I'm partial to the classic black-white-black, but literally any other combo is better than this yellow-white-white.

Also, everyone be prepared for the Mountaineers to under-perform because the helmet stripes are bad luck. I will continue to believe this until proven otherwise.
I agree. I think this uniform combo is the worst I have seen. If we cannot outplay them, maybe ULM will run from the ugly uniforms.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:45 am

ASU85Grad wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:32 am
MrCraig wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:31 am
Parks&RecAPP wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
not a fan of that combo

I agree. I think this uniform combo is the worst I have seen. If we cannot outplay them, maybe ULM will run from the ugly uniforms.
Could be worse. At least we don’t have purple, teal or Eric Church blue

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:55 am

mike87 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:40 am
MrCraig wrote:
That wife of yours needs to plan better for her birthdays. :lol:
We went to an App- GA Southern game one year down in Gnatsboro and spent the rest of the weekend in Savannah. Couldn't talk her into going to Boone for the Marshall game this year.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:33 am

MrCraig wrote:
I am glad you are able to to this, but try as I might I just can't. When we lose, it gets me down for a least a couple of days. Clearly that is not a true "healthy" way to live but it just how I am wired. Now, I don't go overboard but it definitely puts me in a bad mood.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:51 am

t4pizza wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:33 am
MrCraig wrote:
I am glad you are able to to this, but try as I might I just can't. When we lose, it gets me down for a least a couple of days. Clearly that is not a true "healthy" way to live but it just how I am wired. Now, I don't go overboard but it definitely puts me in a bad mood.
I mean, I still get upset when we lose, but I guess I've just learned to compartmentalize it better. Box those feelings up and deal with them later. I definitely am in a better mood when we win, for sure.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:26 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:51 am
t4pizza wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
I mean, I still get upset when we lose, but I guess I've just learned to compartmentalize it better. Box those feelings up and deal with them later. I definitely am in a better mood when we win, for sure.
TBH I married right on this one. My wife takes a 'L' harder than I do. I'm talking fire the coach mad. She curses anyone who has a wedding or function during football season. It was a long quiet trip home from Wyoming brother.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:42 pm

There is no fan that takes a loss harder than my 15 yr old grandaughter. She knows the game and will tell you what she didn't like. Her dad played at APP and they have some interesting conversations.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:28 pm

bcoach wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:42 pm
There is no fan that takes a loss harder than my 15 yr old grandaughter. She knows the game and will tell you what she didn't like. Her dad played at APP and they have some interesting conversations.
Let's not get those 2 together.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:46 pm

Would love to hear her take on WYO.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:58 pm

mike87 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:26 pm
MrCraig wrote:
t4pizza wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
TBH I married right on this one. My wife takes a 'L' harder than I do. I'm talking fire the coach mad. She curses anyone who has a wedding or function during football season. It was a long quiet trip home from Wyoming brother.
My wife went to App as well, and she loves her Mountaineers, but she’s never been the type to get super invested in sports. Win or lose, she stays at a pretty even keel. So, I’ve tried to emulate her. Just one of the many ways she’s made my life better.

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:34 pm

kornegaylw wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:17 pm
Will anyone be tailgating in Saturday? If so in which lot?

https://alumni.louisiana.edu/media/283
We are in the RV lot within a stones throw of stadium. Saw a few App fans at dinner tonight. Its a LLOONNGG way from Boone!

Btw, yer link is to Lafayette not Monroe. Just sayin.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:34 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:46 pm
Would love to hear her take on WYO.
Not a happy lady.

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool

Unread post by GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool » Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:40 am

MrCraig wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:58 pm
mike87 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:26 pm
MrCraig wrote:
t4pizza wrote:
MrCraig wrote:

My wife went to App as well, and she loves her Mountaineers, but she’s never been the type to get super invested in sports. Win or lose, she stays at a pretty even keel. So, I’ve tried to emulate her. Just one of the many ways she’s made my life better.
Same with mine. Last season she came home when we were down 20 to UNC and said, "it's embarrassing that we're losing to a basketball school, aren't we the best football team in the state?" then walked out of the room and continued with her day. I decided it was better to just focus on the comeback effort rather than try to explain who Mac Brown was, and the influence the Jordan brand has on the younger generation.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:44 am

It's GameDay!! Let's Go App. St.!! Let's Go 1-0 Today!!
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”