School: Appalachian State

Re: Non qualifiers

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:15 pm

We do not .And what is an "ECU"?

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:27 pm

The only non-qualifier in the game Saturday from what I’m aware of is ECU’s football team.

app97

Unread post by app97 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:53 pm

appdaze wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:08 pm
93.9% acceptance rate at EZU.
66% graduation rate

84.7% acceptance rate at App.
72.2% graduation rate

Anyone can do a deeper dive into the stats if they want but it paints a pretty clear picture. I just figured these two would give a good idea of who is taking anyone with a pulse and which one is actually getting more students through to graduation.

Side note... all schools are higher than they used to be for acceptance because of online degree programs.
The current acceptance rate stats are also misleading for a school like App due to the fact that more and more higher level students are applying (due to reputation), but many of those might not end up attending if they get accepted to UNC or other more selective schools. So, more students apply who can get in even if they ultimately opt for unc, state, wake, etc. We’ve always been a backup school for unc, but more cream if the crop students are applying than previously.

I’ve always been proud of the freshman retention rate at App (always top 2 or 3 in NC with UNC and UNCW). That and the graduation rate speak to the quality of education, quality of life and overall enjoyment of the experience.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:12 pm

'75App wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:14 pm
The PieRats on the EZU board are funny! They wanna fire the best coach they've had in years!

GO APPS!
That is the reason ECU is where it is today. It fired one of the best coaches they ever had in Ruffin McNeal. Had they not fired him they would have had Lincon Riley as their head coach after Ruffin McNeal would have been hired away as he went to a higher profile school. We almost had that same situation when Jerry Moore's retirement was not handled well. I am so glad App was able to handle that as well as it did. We might be in the same boat as ECU is now. Ours would have been a Kayak though.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”