Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Wyoming Discussion

MrCraig
School: Appalachian State

Re: Wyoming Discussion

Unread post by MrCraig » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:05 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:10 pm
Clark has had to coach under more Expectations than any previous App State coach ever.
Clark has faced more ranked teams than any previous App State coach ever.
Clark has coached in the SBC while ULL, Coastal and Troy all have been ranked in the top 25.
Clark had his 1st Spring off season cancelled because of the Pandemic and still won 9 games.
Clark has had to coach in the portal era, where App State is at a DISadvantage against its peer SBC schools based on academic/transcript/credit hours.
Clark had to face back to back P5 games to open 2022, who does that to a G5 program/coach, oh yeah, I know who.
Clark had 3 straight Different OC because of lack of pay, Peterson - Illinois, Ponce to Miami, Other little dude to Miss State, fund the staff admin!!! Lack of continuity isn't good for consistent play.
Clark has coached in the Sun Belt when it was/is at its strongest and deepest ever in the history of its football inception.
Clark has to put up with the NLI Collective Clowns that have secret meetings with players to 'find out what is going on'
Clark lost Zac Thomas because the poor kid was ran out by the fan base that harassed him.

Chew on this all Sunday, talk bad and refute it based on it's coming from me, but it's all factual and has an impact on the success HCSC will end up having. He's a good dude, has common sense, knows what works to make App State football win and be competitive. This is the best collective staff since Satterfield's last season in Boone. There are miscues for sure during certain games periodically, but all things considering he's a good football coach.
I don’t know about all of that, but I know Petersen leaving was a blessing. That was the worst App offense I’ve ever seen. And he only lasted one season at Illinois before being fired, and I’m pretty sure he only lasted one season at Illinois State before he was out.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:15 pm

If Petersen left before Zac made his decision to not use his super senior year, Zac would have been here in 2020.

Petersen single handily made football not fun to Zac. Petersen leaving is what allowed for Huesman to come back too.

Petersen was also the 4th choice but only one we could afford at the time.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:40 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Clark has had to coach under more Expectations than any previous App State coach ever.
Clark has coached in the SBC while ULL, Coastal and Troy all have been ranked in the top 25.
Clark had his 1st Spring off season cancelled because of the Pandemic and still won 9 games.
Clark has had to coach in the portal era, where App State is at a DISadvantage against its peer SBC schools based on academic/transcript/credit hours.
Clark had to face back to back P5 games to open 2022, who does that to a G5 program/coach, oh yeah, I know who.
Clark had 3 straight Different OC because of lack of pay, Peterson - Illinois, Ponce to Miami, Other little dude to Miss State, fund the staff admin!!! Lack of continuity isn't good for consistent play.
Clark has coached in the Sun Belt when it was/is at its strongest and deepest ever in the history of its football inception.
Clark has to put up with the NLI Collective Clowns that have secret meetings with players to 'find out what is going on'
Clark lost Zac Thomas because the poor kid was ran out by the fan base that harassed him.

Chew on this all Sunday, talk bad and refute it based on it's coming from me, but it's all factual and has an impact on the success HCSC will end up having. He's a good dude, has common sense, knows what works to make App State football win and be competitive. This is the best collective staff since Satterfield's last season in Boone. There are miscues for sure during certain games periodically, but all things considering he's a good football coach.

I had a job with just as many excuses... I mean reasons for lack of revenue

It lasted about 3 1/2 years and then they went a different direction.... BTW, to my benefit.... nothing was going to fix my situation BUT the issue I have is I tried every single thing I could to win.....

We need to change the mindset like we did with transfers.... the game is changing, so must our coaching.... not enough points will lose..... play to score or else.

Remember coach Moore put in the spread offense?. He knew he had to change... we have changed but the losing close games has got to stop/change or Almost State U will stick... In business you must follow the numbers and our numbers ain't so good..... 1-0....8 more times 👍😎

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:41 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:05 pm
DenverOfTheEast wrote:

I don’t know about all of that, but I know Petersen leaving was a blessing. That was the worst App offense I’ve ever seen. And he only lasted one season at Illinois before being fired, and I’m pretty sure he only lasted one season at Illinois State before he was out.
I know about all that, aint no one on here can dispute any of it. Could care less about Peterson, fact is he left for more money at a P5.

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:44 pm

PhillyApp1 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:40 pm
DenverOfTheEast wrote:

It lasted about 3 1/2 years and then they went a different direction.... BTW, to my benefit.... nothing was going to fix my situation BUT the issue I have is I tried every single thing I could to win.....

We need to change the mindset like we did with transfers.... the game is changing, so must our coaching.... not enough points will lose..... play to score or else.

Remember coach Moore put in the spread offense?. He knew he had to change... we have changed but the losing close games has got to stop/change or Almost State U will stick... In business you must follow the numbers and our numbers ain't so good..... 1-0....8 more times 👍😎
you want to change the offense??? what in the world man. look at our numbers this season, two games over 40, a new back up QB, Noel has already 800 yards rushing, P5 coaches call the Head Coaches office asking about his running game...

Do you guys study or watch or just login and type?

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:46 pm

These excuses from years gone by have zero to do with what I watched last night.

We have the horses and the scheme to win this year, we need better situational adjustments from coaches and better execution from players. Our team was two TDs better than WYO.

If we had to choose a game to learn from I’m glad it was this one.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:48 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:44 pm
PhillyApp1 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:40 pm
DenverOfTheEast wrote:

you want to change the offense??? what in the world man. look at our numbers this season, two games over 40, a new back up QB, Noel has already 800 yards rushing, P5 coaches call the Head Coaches office asking about his running game...

Do you guys study or watch or just login and type?
Noel has 800 rushing yards?

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:52 pm

542. But close enough to argue your point. and on his way to well over 1000.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:54 pm

542, 800 same thing. Checks out with some of the other logic used in this thread.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:57 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:54 pm
542, 800 same thing. Checks out with some of the other logic used in this thread.
Don't be a jerk, any 4th grader will tell you if you round up to the nearest 1000.

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:59 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
You use some logic the user above wants to change the offense, He referenced Jerry Moore - they changed based on one unique quarterback to take advantage the kids speed and ability.

The offense numbers under Clark, Drink, Satt haven't ever been the issue. there are such games throughout the Course of a 13 game season that will NOT be pretty, Drink couldn't score in 2019 at home vs STINK.

Perspective and Logic.

2/3 of you want to bench JA because of the final series and INT. Are you kidding me. The announcers praised the kid all game playing smart and throwing the ball away when he didn't have anything.

The offense is missing a talented very good TE - or they score TD's last night.

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:00 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:46 pm
These excuses from years gone by have zero to do with what I watched last night.

We have the horses and the scheme to win this year, we need better situational adjustments from coaches and better execution from players. Our team was two TDs better than WYO.

Unfortunately, we both know the UNC and Wyo games won’t be the only games we “learn from” this year.

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:01 pm

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:57 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Don't be a jerk, any 4th grader will tell you if you round up to the nearest 1000.
At the end of season you two clowns will get the full stat sheet in your inbox... Peoples and Noel and Darrington and Marcus and who else am I not listed that ran for 1000 and 1000 of yards the past 4 seasons.

Appmountaineers19
School: Other

Unread post by Appmountaineers19 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:04 pm

311neers wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:00 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:46 pm

Unfortunately, we both know the UNC and Wyo games won’t be the only games we “learn from” this year.
OK tell me why you think this.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:05 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:59 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
You use some logic the user above wants to change the offense, He referenced Jerry Moore - they changed based on one unique quarterback to take advantage the kids speed and ability.

The offense numbers under Clark, Drink, Satt haven't ever been the issue. there are such games throughout the Course of a 13 game season that will NOT be pretty, Drink couldn't score in 2019 at home vs STINK.

Perspective and Logic.

2/3 of you want to bench JA because of the final series and INT. Are you kidding me. The announcers praised the kid all game playing smart and throwing the ball away when he didn't have anything.

That poster and you can both be wrong.

Find a post where I said to bench Joey or stop quoting me when bringing up that talking point.

Your attempt to bring in other people’s claims when engaging in discussion is lazy and disingenuous.

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:07 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:05 pm
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:

Perspective and Logic.

Find a post where I said to bench Joey or stop quoting me when bringing up that talking point.

Your attempt to bring in other people’s claims when engaging in discussion is lazy and disingenuous.
you went at me this morning - so am bunching you in with everyone else. Me against the world on the Cabin!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:08 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:01 pm
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:
At the end of season you two clowns will get the full stat sheet in your inbox... Peoples and Noel and Darrington and Marcus and who else am I not listed that ran for 1000 and 1000 of yards the past 4 seasons.
We are very proud of the rich RB tradition at App, I’ve watched Settle, Scott, Melcore, Hooks, KRich and many others before you came on the scene.

I can also read a stat sheet and add to know Noel hasn’t rushed for 200 yards a game.

Noel should easily get to 1,000 and hope he gets to 1,500.

I pull for every Mountaineer to succeed even when they make my message board posts incorrect unlike someone in this thread.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:11 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:07 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:05 pm
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:

Perspective and Logic.

you went at me this morning - so am bunching you in with everyone else. Me against the world on the Cabin!
Yep and you’ll do so to make yourself feel better. You view this place as a personal battle, I view this place as a venue to discuss Appalachian with people that want the best for all aspects of the university. And hopefully do so objectively.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:27 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:52 pm
542. But close enough to argue your point. and on his way to well over 1000.
Your math notwithstanding, Wyoming may have shown the flaw in our offense. Noel ran 30 times for 321 yards, opps feet (same thing right?). Anyway, hold Noel to 3ish yards per carry and you win.

LKN_Lawyer

Unread post by LKN_Lawyer » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:32 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:08 pm
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:01 pm
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:
We are very proud of the rich RB tradition at App, I’ve watched Settle, Scott, Melcore, Hooks, KRich and many others before you came on the scene.

I can also read a stat sheet and add to know Noel hasn’t rushed for 200 yards a game.

Noel should easily get to 1,000 and hope he gets to 1,500.

I pull for every Mountaineer to succeed even when they make my message board posts incorrect unlike someone in this thread.
C’mon Saint, you know you have to mention a certain RB who liked to engage in extracurricular activities when you speak of our rich RB tradition! Mr Bongwater!

I doubt Denver even knows who that is

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”