ECU Uni reveal

User avatar
biggie
Site Admin
Posts: 7577
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:53 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Clemmons
Has thanked: 1418 times
Been thanked: 1772 times

ECU Uni reveal

Unread post by biggie » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:40 pm

All black.


t4pizza
Posts: 4959
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:00 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 2503 times
Been thanked: 1767 times

Re: ECU Uni reveal

Unread post by t4pizza » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:52 pm

The only way it should be, all black at the Rock.

User avatar
8993
Posts: 511
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:18 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 231 times
Been thanked: 328 times

Re: ECU Uni reveal

Unread post by 8993 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:45 am

This might be a hot take, but this is one of my least favorite reveal videos to date.

It's likely because we've gotten spoiled to some absolutely stellar stuff, but the ax and the 'ship' we're sinking being a paper boat and the 'coming out of water' thing that we've seen a few times now... all of it just doesn't add up for me? Again, just my personal opinion!

Regardless, the uniforms are absolute fire and as they always should be: all-black at home.

User avatar
goapps93
Posts: 3766
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:48 pm
Has thanked: 262 times
Been thanked: 890 times

Re: ECU Uni reveal

Unread post by goapps93 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:48 am

8993 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:45 am
This might be a hot take, but this is one of my least favorite reveal videos to date.

It's likely because we've gotten spoiled to some absolutely stellar stuff, but the ax and the 'ship' we're sinking being a paper boat and the 'coming out of water' thing that we've seen a few times now... all of it just doesn't add up for me? Again, just my personal opinion!

Regardless, the uniforms are absolute fire and as they always should be: all-black at home.
Tiny yellow pirate ship. I chuckled but was also a little disappointed.
WE ARE YOSEF!

Yosef84
Posts: 3744
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:27 am
Has thanked: 1268 times
Been thanked: 2095 times

Re: ECU Uni reveal

Unread post by Yosef84 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:16 am

We've definitely been spoiled with some amazing vids. I appreciate the effort but this years are just OK. This week's was probably the best this year but a bit derivative of the one with Hennigan. I do think the ax was out of place, especially since it wasn't used to sink the ship. Maybe he should have used a plunger. 😁. That would have been a funny call back (at least for me).

Bigdaddyg1
Posts: 1396
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:51 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 747 times

Re: ECU Uni reveal

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:22 am

Kind of agree on the "coming out of the water " piece. Been used a few times.

User avatar
APPdiesel
Posts: 2568
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:53 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 789 times
Been thanked: 1423 times
Contact:

Re: ECU Uni reveal

Unread post by APPdiesel » Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:26 am

Why is he chopping water with an axe?

Wouldn’t slapping and destroying a paper boat with a wooden boat paddle make more contextual sense?

Use the axe to chop down a tree (a dead or dying one so as to not just chop down a healthy tree for no reason). That’s a better metaphor.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

User avatar
WVAPPeer
Posts: 12315
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:14 am
School: Other
Location: Born: Almost Heaven
Has thanked: 4684 times
Been thanked: 2561 times

Re: ECU Uni reveal

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:37 am

Hennigan coming out of the water will never be topped - All BLACK is always a WINNER
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

User avatar
ASUTodd
Posts: 1446
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:48 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 684 times
Been thanked: 750 times
Contact:

Re: ECU Uni reveal

Unread post by ASUTodd » Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:49 am

Yeah, this video is not one of our best.....

User avatar
NattyBumppo'sRevenge
Posts: 3265
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:55 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Charlotte, NC
Has thanked: 1759 times
Been thanked: 1809 times

Re: ECU Uni reveal

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:56 am

APPdiesel wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:26 am
Why is he chopping water with an axe?

Wouldn’t slapping and destroying a paper boat with a wooden boat paddle make more contextual sense?

Use the axe to chop down a tree (a dead or dying one so as to not just chop down a healthy tree for no reason). That’s a better metaphor.
Yes, I felt very confused after watching. The hat boat was yellow, too. ECU is purple. Is he chopping up our own boat? Why would he do that?

User avatar
NattyBumppo'sRevenge
Posts: 3265
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:55 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Charlotte, NC
Has thanked: 1759 times
Been thanked: 1809 times

Re: ECU Uni reveal

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:58 am

APPdiesel wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:26 am
Why is he chopping water with an axe?

Wouldn’t slapping and destroying a paper boat with a wooden boat paddle make more contextual sense?

Use the axe to chop down a tree (a dead or dying one so as to not just chop down a healthy tree for no reason). That’s a better metaphor.
When we play Southern Miss and Georgia Southern, we’re going to be chopping air. It’s going to be hilarious.

311neers
Posts: 3689
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:34 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1542 times
Been thanked: 1092 times

Re: ECU Uni reveal

Unread post by 311neers » Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:05 am

It's not easy coming up with new content for this as we've done 3+ seasons worth of them. Not many teams do reveals though so we should at least be happy we get to look forward to different uni combo's each week. Some fan bases have been wearing the same home/away combos for 100 years. Every week is an opportunity to get the App State brand out there!

BambooRdApp
Posts: 4419
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:32 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1613 times
Been thanked: 2952 times

Re: ECU Uni reveal

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:08 am

I saw "all blacks" and no helmet stripes...my conclusion is that it is an Oscar worthy theatrical release..😂😂
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

User avatar
ASUTodd
Posts: 1446
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:48 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 684 times
Been thanked: 750 times
Contact:

Re: ECU Uni reveal

Unread post by ASUTodd » Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:12 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:08 am
I saw "all blacks" and no helmet stripes...my conclusion is that it is an Oscar worthy theatrical release..😂😂
Are you saying its, "HOT! HOT! HOT!"?

BambooRdApp
Posts: 4419
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:32 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1613 times
Been thanked: 2952 times

Re: ECU Uni reveal

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:13 am

ASUTodd wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:12 am
BambooRdApp wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:08 am
I saw "all blacks" and no helmet stripes...my conclusion is that it is an Oscar worthy theatrical release..😂😂
Are you saying its, "HOT! HOT! HOT!"?
1000 times over
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

User avatar
goapps93
Posts: 3766
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:48 pm
Has thanked: 262 times
Been thanked: 890 times

Re: ECU Uni reveal

Unread post by goapps93 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:39 am

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:56 am
APPdiesel wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:26 am
Why is he chopping water with an axe?

Wouldn’t slapping and destroying a paper boat with a wooden boat paddle make more contextual sense?

Use the axe to chop down a tree (a dead or dying one so as to not just chop down a healthy tree for no reason). That’s a better metaphor.
Yes, I felt very confused after watching. The hat boat was yellow, too. ECU is purple. Is he chopping up our own boat? Why would he do that?
ECU is purple and “gold.” I doubt a purple paper boat would have been as visible as the yellow. Still lacking though.
WE ARE YOSEF!

Mjohn1988
Posts: 1749
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 10:10 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 292 times
Been thanked: 1319 times

Re: ECU Uni reveal

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:55 am

Should have just had his hands reach up and take the boat down and then come up out of the water like a sea monster

BambooRdApp
Posts: 4419
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:32 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1613 times
Been thanked: 2952 times

Re: ECU Uni reveal

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:19 am

Would have played better if he came out of water with two Viking like axes..and came on land and took care of pirates
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

User avatar
biggie
Site Admin
Posts: 7577
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:53 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Clemmons
Has thanked: 1418 times
Been thanked: 1772 times

Re: ECU Uni reveal

Unread post by biggie » Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:27 am

I mean I wondered what a musket would do to a paper boat. But that would probably be frowned upon.

BambooRdApp
Posts: 4419
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:32 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1613 times
Been thanked: 2952 times

Re: ECU Uni reveal

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:30 am

Would have played better if he came out of water with two Viking like axes..and came on land and took care of pirates
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”