Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Recipe for a Title

Saint3333
Posts: 13015
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 8:42 am
Has thanked: 3002 times
Been thanked: 4635 times

Recipe for a Title

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:07 pm

Tough loss tonight, coaches had an excellent gameplan and players played much better overall.

Bottom line we have the talent to win the SBC this year.

We’re going to set an attendance record next week and beat the Pirates. Still great to be a MOUNTAINEER!

311neers
Posts: 3075
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:34 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1285 times
Been thanked: 920 times

Re: Recipe for a Title

Unread post by 311neers » Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:19 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:07 pm
Tough loss tonight, coaches had an excellent gameplan and players played much better overall.

Bottom line we have the talent to win the SBC this year.

We’re going to set an attendance record next week and beat the Pirates. Still great to be a MOUNTAINEER!
Absolutely Saint. Horrid week to be a Pirate!!!

RaleighApp27609
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:21 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 71 times

Re: Recipe for a Title

Unread post by RaleighApp27609 » Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:21 pm

Yes I am looking forward to what this season holds.

User avatar
QueencityApp
Posts: 347
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:16 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Charlotte, NC
Has thanked: 131 times
Been thanked: 109 times

Re: Recipe for a Title

Unread post by QueencityApp » Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:51 pm

Let’s get through September 4-1 and revisit this one. I had similar feelings last year after TAMU and then the season was like a whoopie cushion. I like what I’ve seen the past two games so far but am cautiously optimistic.

PhillyApp1
Posts: 1243
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:52 am
Has thanked: 2731 times
Been thanked: 492 times

Re: Recipe for a Title

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:59 pm

1-0 next week !!!

App_in_Maiden
Posts: 795
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:51 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 205 times
Been thanked: 532 times

Re: Recipe for a Title

Unread post by App_in_Maiden » Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:05 pm

So much heart.
“I don’t like talking to people I know, but strangers I have no problem with.” -Larry David

User avatar
appstatealum
Posts: 3314
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:45 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Charlotte/Gastonia
Has thanked: 3326 times
Been thanked: 1777 times

Re: Recipe for a Title

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:20 am

Love Joey A. Kid has "it". No hesitation and throws a pretty ball. Many of those deep balls were just great pass break ups by Carolina DBs. In his small sample size, he is the best I've seen since 08.
The Appalachian State

BambooRdApp
Posts: 4097
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:32 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1483 times
Been thanked: 2806 times

Re: Recipe for a Title

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:27 am

1-0 against EasyU
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:16 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 443 times
Been thanked: 197 times

Re: Recipe for a Title

Unread post by GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:25 am

appstatealum wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:20 am
Love Joey A. Kid has "it". No hesitation and throws a pretty ball. Many of those deep balls were just great pass break ups by Carolina DBs. In his small sample size, he is the best I've seen since 08.
It was awesome to see in person how calm he looked back there, it really stood out. In complete control with a ton of confidence.

Godd*** line played their a$s off too. 0 sacks to a team that just got 9 last week.

BambooRdApp
Posts: 4097
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:32 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1483 times
Been thanked: 2806 times

Re: Recipe for a Title

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:42 am

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:25 am
appstatealum wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:20 am
Love Joey A. Kid has "it". No hesitation and throws a pretty ball. Many of those deep balls were just great pass break ups by Carolina DBs. In his small sample size, he is the best I've seen since 08.
It was awesome to see in person how calm he looked back there, it really stood out. In complete control with a ton of confidence.

Godd*** line played their a$s off too. 0 sacks to a team that just got 9 last week.
He hung in the pocket well. Did not appear to have happy feet until he had to in order to avoid the rush. Hate the loss. But proud of the men.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppSt94
Posts: 9612
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Huntersville, NC
Has thanked: 6372 times
Been thanked: 3946 times

Re: Recipe for a Title

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:32 am

appstatealum wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:20 am
Love Joey A. Kid has "it". No hesitation and throws a pretty ball. Many of those deep balls were just great pass break ups by Carolina DBs. In his small sample size, he is the best I've seen since 08.
“Joey Dimes”

CharlotteApp05
Posts: 366
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:18 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 195 times

Re: Recipe for a Title

Unread post by CharlotteApp05 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:44 am

I like “Joe Cool”

311neers
Posts: 3075
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:34 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1285 times
Been thanked: 920 times

Re: Recipe for a Title

Unread post by 311neers » Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:51 am

“Air Joedan”

Black Saturday
Posts: 10398
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2002 11:22 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 913 times
Been thanked: 1031 times

Re: Recipe for a Title

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:54 am

Joey is making all of you forget about our original starter...lol. We had a great September last year. Starting out well this September too, 4-1 is possible with same effort from here on out as against the Holes. Air Aguilar.

How is Harrington? We can't keep taking serious injuries to our star players like last year and expect to remain as sharp. Sometimes the next man up doesn't turn out to be as good as Joey.
BLACK SATURDAY

AppSt94
Posts: 9612
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Huntersville, NC
Has thanked: 6372 times
Been thanked: 3946 times

Re: Recipe for a Title

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:35 am

Black Saturday wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:54 am
Joey is making all of you forget about our original starter...lol. We had a great September last year. Starting out well this September too, 4-1 is possible with same effort from here on out as against the Holes. Air Aguilar.

How is Harrington? We can't keep taking serious injuries to our star players like last year and expect to remain as sharp. Sometimes the next man up doesn't turn out to be as good as Joey.
BH is my favorite player and a heckuva young man. I say this with no disrespect intended but he is the one guy that we can actually absorb the loss. He is limited in practice and snaps to prefect his shoulder. That means that guys like Sullivan and Haynes to get needed reps in practice.

falcoapp
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:27 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 109 times

Re: Recipe for a Title

Unread post by falcoapp » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:44 am

Not to look ahead, but that Wyoming game will tell us the most about this team. They will be a tough opponent, on the road, at elevation and easy for this team not to get up for given the lack of any real history/proximity.

AppSt94
Posts: 9612
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Huntersville, NC
Has thanked: 6372 times
Been thanked: 3946 times

Re: Recipe for a Title

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:49 am

falcoapp wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:44 am
Not to look ahead, but that Wyoming game will tell us the most about this team. They will be a tough opponent, on the road, at elevation and easy for this team not to get up for given the lack of any real history/proximity.
Agree. Next week will be a good opportunity to evaluate the coaching staffs ability to refocus these guys.

Bigdaddyg1
Posts: 1326
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:51 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 699 times

Re: Recipe for a Title

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:51 am

Wyoming gets Texas next week. If they don't get beat up too badly they will be tough. We look about even. I'd probably put the Heels above Texas Tech.

User avatar
appstatealum
Posts: 3314
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:45 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Charlotte/Gastonia
Has thanked: 3326 times
Been thanked: 1777 times

Re: Recipe for a Title

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:54 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:32 am
appstatealum wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:20 am
Love Joey A. Kid has "it". No hesitation and throws a pretty ball. Many of those deep balls were just great pass break ups by Carolina DBs. In his small sample size, he is the best I've seen since 08.
“Joey Dimes”
Yeah. I've called him a few things. Trying to see what sticks. Joey Dimes has been my most go to. Joey "Big time" Dimes. Joey Quatro
The Appalachian State

Saint3333
Posts: 13015
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 8:42 am
Has thanked: 3002 times
Been thanked: 4635 times

Re: Recipe for a Title

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:55 am

The WYO game will be a tough one on the road and makes this ECU game so important.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”