Moving Forward

Longrifle28
School: Appalachian State

Moving Forward

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:16 am

Crunch time people. Three weeks and three tough games. We need two wins to become bowl eligible. I think we can beat ODU, but concerned about the other two.

First up Marshall. Tough old rivalry. Statistically our offense is better, but their defense is better. Going to be hard to do in West Virginia. I think they are going to be physical on the line of scrimmage and pound us into submission. If we are going to throw the ball, we need to have some blocking schemes ready and will probably need some excellent play from our backs and tight ends as well as our linemen. Hope we know where their weaknesses are and plan to exploit them.... Need to limit turnovers and penalties.....
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

BambooRdApp

Re: Moving Forward

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:23 am

Bison 🦬/ buffalo 🦬 hunting this Saturday...one of the two. Yosef needs to bring his musket!!🤣
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool

Unread post by GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool » Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:41 pm

We owe them 1.

I really hope it doesn’t end up like 9-8. They’ve had some really odd scoring games

ASUFan4863

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:15 pm

I was not very inspired listening to Clark's presser today. He looked defeated, tired and embarrassed. Rain should not be a factor but never know. They can't throw the ball consistently but have a mobile QB and great run game. This will either be a close low-scoring game or a blowout if the last wheel officially comes off for the defense. We'll see what happens, but not confident in anything anymore besides a slow start.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:26 pm

He's tired because he hasn't slept since Thursday. He's coaching the o line and head coach duties. Same thing he had to do leading up to Ga St.

He's certainly not defeated and is doing anything and everything in his power to make sure we right the ship.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:45 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:26 pm
He's tired because he hasn't slept since Thursday. He's coaching the o line and head coach duties. Same thing he had to do leading up to Ga St.

He's certainly not defeated and is doing anything and everything in his power to make sure we right the ship.
Sounds like we will be replacing another OL coach at the end of the season. Guessing Clark as completely lost faith if he is coaching the position again.

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:58 pm

AppStateNews wrote:

Hasn't slept since Tx State really.

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool

Unread post by GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool » Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:01 pm

AppStateNews wrote:

Woah, did he pull responsibility from Geep Wade?

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:07 pm

AppStateNews wrote:

This all doesn't seem good. He's coaching the OL for the second time and yet Geep Wade is still the OL coach?

Clark said during Monday's presser that Barbay and the offensive staff stayed late Sunday coming up with the Marshall gameplan. It seems like they're all working themselves to the bone, which is not good IMO.
Last edited by T-Dog on Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:10 pm

Tryingto do it himself is a recipe for disaster.............Like a drowning man

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:11 pm

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:01 pm
AppStateNews wrote:

Woah, did he pull responsibility from Geep Wade?
I think it's just more helping out than taking it over completely... Just like he did going in to Ga St.
tAPPedInSports.net

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:13 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:10 pm
Tryingto do it himself is a recipe for disaster.............Like a drowning man
Or he realizes that's the reason our offense is struggling and wants to fix it... More like he's seeing the boat take on water and he has the expertise to fix it before it sinks.
tAPPedInSports.net

Appmountaineers19
School: Other

Unread post by Appmountaineers19 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:14 pm

Hope to see everyone up at Marshall. I excited about this one. The season hasn't played out the way we would have liked but these next 3 games are crucial from a building standpoint for everyone involved. I'm a newbie of a fan compared to most of you on here. I'm telling you good things will happen IF everyone involved with the team grows from this season. This fanbase is passionate (like most sometimes too much) Let the rest of the season play out then come back in 3 or 4 weeks and have at it. This next month or so will so what direction this program is going in. For some reason (just a feeling) I feel tough lessons are being learned from the coaching staff to the players. I also feel this is the time players need to step up. ( the team needs more leadership besides CB) If you have seen if please let me know cause i have not. Yes I understand there are things that need to be corrected and addressed but still think the futures bright.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:55 pm

I think helping with Oline is cheap therapy for Clark. It helps him to relax.
Bring Your A Game!

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:18 pm

ASUFan4863 wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:15 pm
I was not very inspired listening to Clark's presser today. He looked defeated, tired and embarrassed. Rain should not be a factor but never know. They can't throw the ball consistently but have a mobile QB and great run game. This will either be a close low-scoring game or a blowout if the last wheel officially comes off for the defense. We'll see what happens, but not confident in anything anymore besides a slow start.
I started to post this last Monday afternoon. As I viewed the replay of SC's comments I thought he was dead tired, nervous as a cat and very, very worried about Coastal. You can tell when he's nervous as he has a slight slur to his speech and he runs some words/sentences almost together. He also gets an occasional expression ON his face that some might describe as "deer in the headlights."

Winning two of their last three is a real loooong reach, I fear.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:29 pm

Moving on to basketball...Warren Wilson vs AppState basketball starts in 1 minute on ESPN+.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:38 pm

I noticed a GaSo fan that said the App offense versus Coastal looks a lot like their "gun option" offense under Lunsford. Of course, Geep Wade was the GaSo OL coach last season. Why did Clark hire him?

CoachRob

Unread post by CoachRob » Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:55 pm

I think their offense plays into the hands of our defense. We've got a good DL for the run and won't have to worry about pass rush as much. Like GaSt, a QB that isn't very accurate will help out our DBs a lot and hide the weakness of our defense. If offense can be balanced, and the OL hold up, I feel good about the game this weekend.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:01 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:38 pm
I noticed a GaSo fan that said the App offense versus Coastal looks a lot like their "gun option" offense under Lunsford. Of course, Geep Wade was the GaSo OL coach last season. Why did Clark hire him?
Did he just mean that because our O line looked bad? Because otherwise that doesn’t make sense. We don’t run very many option plays at all.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:24 pm

Nothing from the press conference was encouraging, from my standpoint.Frankly it was disturbing as I read him.I truly like the guy.Apparently we differ on the definition of success , based on his comments today.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”