Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Charlie Cobb - So Miss Does Not Renew AD Contract

Saint3333

Re: Charlie Cobb - So Miss Does Not Renew AD Contract

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:03 pm

Yep Charlie really hooked her up, go check out the salary for the assistant soccer coaches.

Anyone that thinks Laney could hold a candle to Cobb needs their head examined.

If we had had an AD the caliber of Cobb from the 90's through today we would have a 40k seat stadium, 5M in Yosef donations, and be in CUSA at a minimum.

Chuck how does it go WDDITWAA?

asu66
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by asu66 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:09 pm

That just about says it all!
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:33 pm

Saint3333 wrote:Yep Charlie really hooked her up, go check out the salary for the assistant soccer coaches.

Anyone that thinks Laney could hold a candle to Cobb needs their head examined.

If we had had an AD the caliber of Cobb from the 90's through today we would have a 40k seat stadium, 5M in Yosef donations, and be in CUSA at a minimum.

Chuck how does it go WDDITWAA?
I for one, don't think Laney was near as good as Cobb as an AD, but I believe in giving credit where it is due and blame where it is, also. Too, some people don't want a 40K stadium until we solve the problem of parking on campus and around the city of Boone as well as the infrastructue. We need to focus on not building things we can't afford without putting more expense on the backs of students. One of the reasons many students and their parents chose Appalachian was because it was affordable compared to many other institutions in the state which are of equal academic quality. Much of the cost of our expansion plan is based on present and future student athletic fees, yet students face restrictions when seeking admissions to KBS and in my mind they are the main purpose in even fielding athletic programs on campus. Look at Chapel Hill where studetns have to wait in line overnight to get tickets to an event in the Dean Dome yet they pay student athletic fees.
Cobb has vision but so do people think Obama has. Obama has vision but he doesn't know where the money is coming from.
A series of losing years could make us look like we can't fill what we have.
We haven't proven we can fill a 40K capacity stadium yet. 20 years ago, it was not proven that ASU could afford to be in a higher division.
a.k.a JC0429

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:21 pm

You may have missed the point.

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:52 pm

Saint3333 wrote:You may have missed the point.
I don't see how you can predict we would have been in CUSA, have $5M in donations etc. because a man the calibre of Cobb was AD? The Michigan win and 3 national champions played a huge role in getting the donations, etc. Whether these kinds of things could have happened 20 years ago is up for debate.
a.k.a JC0429

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”