Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

September 1, 2007

Black Saturday
School: Appalachian State

Re: September 1, 2007

Unread post by Black Saturday » Mon May 22, 2023 1:59 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 12:20 pm
From the west we trade Texas State and Troy for Southern Miss and ULM. We beat the eventual Top 20 Sun Belt champs and got stomped by a losing team that fired its coach.

USM has a great running back, but was inconsistent at times last year. They beat eventual Cotton Bowl Champs Tulane on the road and went toe to toe with Coastal, but got blown out by Georgia State and squeaked by Arkansas State.

At ULM could be tricky. Looking at their scores last season, they played a lot of close games in the second half of the season. And it's right after the Wyoming trip.

We always play well at Georgia State for some reason. At JMU will be tough as they'll be hostile. At ODU could be a good day.

Plus, all three non-conference games will be a challenge. ECU might be picked 2nd in the American behind Tulane. Chapel Hill will be a tough day for the defense as evident last season and Wyoming will be physical at elevation.
.500 may be tough this year?
BLACK SATURDAY

booneboy92
School: Appalachian State

Re: September 1, 2007

Unread post by booneboy92 » Mon May 22, 2023 3:10 pm

I was in Austin, TX last week. When I checked in to my hotel, the concierge pointed to my shirt, and said “I was 7 years old, and I was there.”. I replied, “In Boone?”. He said “No, at the Michigan game in’07!”. Turns out he is a young Mich. grad. He said they still haven’t recovered, then mentioned A&M. Friday, at the airport a couple noticed my tee shirt. They were both Baylor grads, watched the A&M game, and have been App fans since! Surprisingly, even though we were in Austin and I was repping a good bit of the time, not a single Longhorn offered to buy me a drink for the win! Lol! But yes, it’s hard to measure the brand recognition that we earned on 9/1/07…

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”