Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

NCHSAA Approves NIL

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Re: NCHSAA Approves NIL

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun May 07, 2023 12:19 pm

One reason I am not upset about NIL at the college level is the money that comes into universities and the salaries paid to coaches and AD higher ups. That is not the case at high schools. I think coaches do OK and they are making salary off the backs of the players putting their health on the line but it is not of such extreme amounts I am upset by it. And some of the coaches do watch a lot of film and such. There is a lot of time that goes into it and on a per hour basis I am not sure what it works out to. But the high school coaches I know are not making life changing money as being made at many universities. That is a big difference to me and my feelings about the players. Given the amount of tax money that goes into athletics between facilities, uniforms, salaries, meals, transportation it is not small amount. Maybe students that are earning this NIL can in turn help offset some of the costs as well-and that is true for college NIL. And at the pro level I really am tired of seeing these billionaires getting tax subsidies for stadiums. (Looking at you Panthers.)

Let me close with "Get off my lawn!" as the post turned to complaining more than I intended.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Re: NCHSAA Approves NIL

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun May 07, 2023 12:45 pm

It may be, well I should say, I know it has to be much better now than it was - I am embarrassed to say what my coaching supplements were as the schools in my county were the lowest paid in the AAA ranks. Plus, we had to do everything, field maintenance, mow the grass, mark the fields, handle all concerns - from parents, other coaches, conference, report info to newspapers (they were important then) PLUS, the coaches carried a full schedule teaching load - I loved coaching high school ball especially the interaction with my players because they kept me "young". I just couldn't keep justifying all the time put in for the money I was making
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”