Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Another Portal Loss and Portal Discussion

BambooRdApp
Posts: 4097
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:32 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1483 times
Been thanked: 2806 times

Re: Another Portal Loss

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat May 06, 2023 6:40 am

BUTCH1991 wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 9:50 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 7:48 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 7:20 pm
Yes, Everett got a NIL deal to be at Oklahoma. I don't know the numbers, but do know Va Tech offered him north of $200k. I would assume for him to choose Oklahoma over Va Tech, it would have to be more considering Va Tech was his dream program.
The folks on the VT message boards turned quick on him when he picked OU.
Yes, they did
That is life in today's world and social
media with keyboard warriors..
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Yosef84
Posts: 3741
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:27 am
Has thanked: 1264 times
Been thanked: 2094 times

Re: Another Portal Loss

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sat May 06, 2023 7:11 am

I wish him nothing but success, but it is an interesting decision to choose OU over your "dream program" who is offering a pretty sweet deal. I certainly don't know the specifics, but it would seem the chances of being stacked down are much higher at OU and that would impact his chances of an NFL future. Maybe the situation at Virginia Tech is just to dysfunctional. Who knows! I hate that it didn't work out for Everett here at App since we could certainly use him here. Hope things work out well for him.

AppSt94
Posts: 9612
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Huntersville, NC
Has thanked: 6372 times
Been thanked: 3946 times

Re: Another Portal Loss

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat May 06, 2023 8:15 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 7:11 am
I wish him nothing but success, but it is an interesting decision to choose OU over your "dream program" who is offering a pretty sweet deal. I certainly don't know the specifics, but it would seem the chances of being stacked down are much higher at OU and that would impact his chances of an NFL future. Maybe the situation at Virginia Tech is just to dysfunctional. Who knows! I hate that it didn't work out for Everett here at App since we could certainly use him here. Hope things work out well for him.
There were likely some factors involved in this decision that won’t ever come to light. Wish Troy the best.

TheAppalachianState
Posts: 246
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:47 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Another Portal Loss

Unread post by TheAppalachianState » Sat May 06, 2023 8:49 am

Troy will be missed severely here, dude is a stud. Get ur bag tho playboy!

User avatar
Rekdiver
Posts: 7535
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:14 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1430 times
Been thanked: 3718 times

Re: Another Portal Loss

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat May 06, 2023 8:56 am

I hate what the NIL is doing to sports. Wish they had found a way to compensate kids better and more equitably.

Stonewall
Posts: 5353
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 2715 times
Been thanked: 2632 times

Re: Another Portal Loss

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat May 06, 2023 8:56 am

appdaze wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 7:46 pm
Stonewall wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 7:01 pm
"Life altering money" .How much is he getting ?
https://wid.world/income-comparator/

If an individual has a wealth of 100k, this means the value of all major assets combined, then you are in the top 36% in the USA and the top 12% wealthiest in the world. If your yearly individual income is 100k you are in the top 9% in the USA. It doesn't take millions to be life-changing.
The answer to the question I didn't ask is ...."well , it depends ".In any event , how much is he being paid to play at Auburn?

Stonewall
Posts: 5353
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 2715 times
Been thanked: 2632 times

Re: Another Portal Loss

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat May 06, 2023 8:57 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 7:11 am
I wish him nothing but success, but it is an interesting decision to choose OU over your "dream program" who is offering a pretty sweet deal. I certainly don't know the specifics, but it would seem the chances of being stacked down are much higher at OU and that would impact his chances of an NFL future. Maybe the situation at Virginia Tech is just to dysfunctional. Who knows! I hate that it didn't work out for Everett here at App since we could certainly use him here. Hope things work out well for him.
What did Va Tech offer him?

Yosef84
Posts: 3741
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:27 am
Has thanked: 1264 times
Been thanked: 2094 times

Re: Another Portal Loss

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sat May 06, 2023 10:00 am

Stonewall wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:57 am
Yosef84 wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 7:11 am
I wish him nothing but success, but it is an interesting decision to choose OU over your "dream program" who is offering a pretty sweet deal. I certainly don't know the specifics, but it would seem the chances of being stacked down are much higher at OU and that would impact his chances of an NFL future. Maybe the situation at Virginia Tech is just to dysfunctional. Who knows! I hate that it didn't work out for Everett here at App since we could certainly use him here. Hope things work out well for him.
What did Va Tech offer him?
I have no idea, but above someone said they were offering $200K. As I said, I certainly don't know any specifics.

Yosef84
Posts: 3741
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:27 am
Has thanked: 1264 times
Been thanked: 2094 times

Re: Another Portal Loss

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sat May 06, 2023 10:03 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:15 am
Yosef84 wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 7:11 am
I wish him nothing but success, but it is an interesting decision to choose OU over your "dream program" who is offering a pretty sweet deal. I certainly don't know the specifics, but it would seem the chances of being stacked down are much higher at OU and that would impact his chances of an NFL future. Maybe the situation at Virginia Tech is just to dysfunctional. Who knows! I hate that it didn't work out for Everett here at App since we could certainly use him here. Hope things work out well for him.
There were likely some factors involved in this decision that won’t ever come to light. Wish Troy the best.
I completely agree. That's kind of my point. From my perspective, with little or no information, these decisions are baffling. The actual facts are really none of my business and would likely explain the decision quite well. I wish him the best also.

User avatar
AppState89
Posts: 1507
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:22 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: High Point, NC
Has thanked: 946 times
Been thanked: 377 times

Re: Another Portal Loss

Unread post by AppState89 » Mon May 08, 2023 3:41 pm

I've seen on here where his dad really showed his A$$ (but did pull back at the end) after he was pulled from the starting line up. Can you imagine what the parents in high school sports will be like with this NIL crap? The parents think their kids are the best on the team already. Little league games you have parents fighting and fighting the refs. I just see the high school NIL causing major ciaos. Most high school kids don't know how to handle money as it is already. I see parents stealing or taking money. Gonna be crazy!!
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

PhillyApp1
Posts: 1243
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:52 am
Has thanked: 2731 times
Been thanked: 492 times

Re: Another Portal Loss

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Mon May 08, 2023 4:29 pm

IRS ...field day
Many lives are going to go down before they start.

Saint3333
Posts: 13015
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 8:42 am
Has thanked: 3002 times
Been thanked: 4635 times

Re: Another Portal Loss

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue May 09, 2023 11:46 am

Youth sports in the last 20 years have turned into businesses. The values taught through sports are not the same.

Look at the values taught by parent(s) and the "teams" these kids are apart of and that will answer a lot of the "why" questions asked in other threads.

User avatar
Rekdiver
Posts: 7535
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:14 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1430 times
Been thanked: 3718 times

Re: Another Portal Loss

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue May 09, 2023 11:58 am

We’ve offered some big fellas in the portal….

Stonewall
Posts: 5353
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 2715 times
Been thanked: 2632 times

Re: Another Portal Loss

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue May 09, 2023 6:10 pm

We have been offering them for months .Possibly will be until camp starts in August.

Black Saturday
Posts: 10398
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2002 11:22 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 913 times
Been thanked: 1031 times

Re: Another Portal Loss

Unread post by Black Saturday » Wed May 24, 2023 8:46 am

Can someone start a thread on Portal Gains, if we have any, I'd really like to see some positive news.
BLACK SATURDAY

bigdaddyg
Posts: 5832
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:08 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 2474 times

Re: Another Portal Loss

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Wed May 24, 2023 8:55 am

Some threads like this get crazy. You see it pop up again, click on the last page, scroll down to hopefully not read about us losing another player but alas it's just comment after comment about NIL and other stuff. Agree, a topic showing guys coming in from the portal would be nice.

User avatar
AppStateNews
Posts: 2736
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:36 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 220 times
Been thanked: 2289 times

Re: Another Portal Loss

Unread post by AppStateNews » Wed May 24, 2023 9:06 am

Black Saturday wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 8:46 am
Can someone start a thread on Portal Gains, if we have any, I'd really like to see some positive news.
Thomas Davis - Edge from Miami
Thornton Gentry - O Tackle from NC State
EJ Jackson - DB from Marshall
Jack Murphy - O Tackle from Marshall
Maquel Haywood - RB from Navy (had a great spring)
Tyrek Funderburk - DB from Richmond (was recruited heavily by Coach West at Richmond. Had a great spring)
Christian Ford - WR from Miss State
Michael Fletcher - Edge from Michigan State (had a great spring)
Makai Jackson - WR from Saint Francis (FCS Freshman All American)
Shawn Collins - Edge from Rutgers
Jarrett Paul - Safety from Kansas
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppSt94
Posts: 9612
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Huntersville, NC
Has thanked: 6372 times
Been thanked: 3946 times

Re: Another Portal Loss

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed May 24, 2023 9:18 am

The Davis kid from Miami is likely to play the OLB position that Hampton occupied.

AppStFan1
Posts: 5567
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 557 times
Been thanked: 1362 times

Re: Another Portal Loss

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed May 24, 2023 11:09 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 9:06 am
Black Saturday wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 8:46 am
Can someone start a thread on Portal Gains, if we have any, I'd really like to see some positive news.
Thomas Davis - Edge from Miami
Thornton Gentry - O Tackle from NC State
EJ Jackson - DB from Marshall
Jack Murphy - O Tackle from Marshall
Maquel Haywood - RB from Navy (had a great spring)
Tyrek Funderburk - DB from Richmond (was recruited heavily by Coach West at Richmond. Had a great spring)
Christian Ford - WR from Miss State
Michael Fletcher - Edge from Michigan State (had a great spring)
Makai Jackson - WR from Saint Francis (FCS Freshman All American)
Shawn Collins - Edge from Rutgers
Jarrett Paul - Safety from Kansas
How many of these will start this year? My guess would be 4 or 5 at least.

Black Saturday
Posts: 10398
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2002 11:22 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 913 times
Been thanked: 1031 times

Re: Another Portal Loss

Unread post by Black Saturday » Wed May 24, 2023 11:22 am

The DBs and Safety for sure, lol
BLACK SATURDAY

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”