Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App State Football = Legendary Story

CornCobPipes
School: Appalachian State

App State Football = Legendary Story

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:17 pm

The Biggest question I have for App State Football right now is when in the hell is a movie producer going to cease the opportunity for a potential box office smash and produce a movie about our Football program through the past several decades????......It's unbelievable to me this hasn't happened thus far.....time is passing and it's long overdue. It needs to happen before more legendary key figures in the program beit coaches, players, instrumental alumni and outrageous fans pass away that could add to the story. Not many IF any can top our history for a story to tell. WE ARE MARSHALL was a great movie......but we have one to tell as well that if done correctly could out match that movie easily.

APP NATION WHAT SAY YOU???
KICK ASS!!!

appdaze

Re: App State Football = Legendary Story

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:03 pm

I'm guessing you haven't actually watched We are Marshall. I deeply hope we don't get a movie for the same reasons.

I don't want a movie of our program. That just sounds like a way to stereotype things and be a big distraction. It never ends well when a media circus drops on a program.

Now all that reality aside.

I could see George Clooney as Jerry Moore
Brad pitt as Corey lynch
Justin Bieber as chadd henne
Morgan Freeman as Armanti
And certainly jack black as Scott Satterfield.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:34 pm

appdaze wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:03 pm
I'm guessing you haven't actually watched We are Marshall. I deeply hope we don't get a movie for the same reasons.

I don't want a movie of our program. That just sounds like a way to stereotype things and be a big distraction. It never ends well when a media circus drops on a program.

Brad pitt as Corey lynch
Agree here. I don't want a movie either. Remember the minor line that was made by Adam Sandler in the Longest Yard when he said a team starts with a cupcake that is an easy win like an App State? Just that small line had several I know make a joke and mention it when we played Michigan. A complete movie about us would not be good for the program. I don't want the stereotype.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:54 pm

I love App State and our history but I really don't think we are movie worthy. Maybe in 5 years after we win the National Championship in 4 years then you've got yourself a real storyline. Other than that we are just an interesting 30 for 30 (maybe) on ESPN.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:39 am

If someone wants to make a movie, great. However, I am not sure of the premise that makes App. St. more special than any other winning program. To us alumni and fans, yes, we think it would be Oscar worthy. However, you have to have certain themes...love, death, romance, comedy. Unfortunately, for our friends in Huntington, the movie was centered around the unfortunate events returning from a football game.
If I am channel surfing and We Are Marshall is on, I stop for a bit to watch it. Great movie.
I would like to see a documentary on App. St. football with combination of the history and stories from former players, etc..
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:29 am

It will happen when we win the CFP in a few years. That will be the cherry on top. You have to have a good ending, not there yet.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:38 am

appdaze wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:03 pm

Brad pitt as Corey lynch
I will take

Kevin Costner as Jerry
Jamie Foxx as Armanti (like Morgan Freeman but too old for part)
Cuba Gooding Jr as Dexter Jackson
KC.jpg
JamieFoxx.jpg
cuba.jpg
cuba.jpg (9.78 KiB) Viewed 1826 times

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:55 pm

You fellas got to work on casting….

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:38 pm

:lol:
BLACK SATURDAY

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:57 pm

I would think there would be several story lines that could converge into a movie with the Michigan win as the climax. A scrawny kid who wanted to play QB whose father was in prison and an old-dog coach who radically changed his offensive philosophy to the spread to take advantage of the smaller, faster players he was able to recruit. A small school tucked away in the mountains of NC in the shadow of the ACC and SEC defeating a national championship contender Big 10 school. A team that was bigger and stronger, but not faster, nor as well coached.
It'd be more along the lines of the "Miracle" movie about the USA hockey team beating the Russians.
I was in Nashville just last week wearing App State gear and an Ohio State fan stopped me to talk about the Michigan game which he still remembers as a great day. He watched the end of that game from the Ohio State concourse. So, that story still has relevance. They could sum up at the end the other successes the team has had from then up to the Texas A&M win last season. Might be best to wait until we make the new expanded playoffs next year as the G5 rep...

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:53 pm

Hollywood movie? No thank you.

Multi-part documentary? APPsolutely!

There was that really good doc they did about the Michigan game for Fox Sports, but I'm surprised ESPN hasn't jumped on making a 30 for 30 about Jerry Moore.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:59 pm

Yeah....NO, No movie please. I would rather watch it play out live.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:49 pm

Remember Fox Sports did a documentary on the game as it was happening. I believe too many people own the rights like Fox Sports and the Big Ten network. I doubt there will ever be a movie as a result. Remember the Michigan Who shirts that will not be made again. If those shirts had gone through proper channels, we would still be able to buy those shirts in the bookstore today. The movie rights are the same scenario.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:26 pm

AppWyo wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:49 pm
Remember Fox Sports did a documentary on the game as it was happening. I believe too many people own the rights like Fox Sports and the Big Ten network. I doubt there will ever be a movie as a result. Remember the Michigan Who shirts that will not be made again. If those shirts had gone through proper channels, we would still be able to buy those shirts in the bookstore today. The movie rights are the same scenario.
So you are saying UM isn't motivated to give their rights to a movie where they get punked? I can agree with you there.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”