Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Trivia

bigdaddyg
School: Appalachian State

Re: Trivia

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Wed May 24, 2023 7:05 am

I found and watched the segments where Dave was having fun saying the name. He wasn't ugly but just having fun. The interview was nice as well. When he asked BN what was his longest kick I'm pretty sure I heard 39 yards in the pros. Was that right? You watch the highlights of those games 30 years ago and older and it's insane how hard they hit each other and slammed guys into the ground. Some of the rules these days might seem to be extreme but living with or dying from head trauma is awful.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed May 24, 2023 9:13 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 7:05 am
I found and watched the segments where Dave was having fun saying the name. He wasn't ugly but just having fun. The interview was nice as well. When he asked BN what was his longest kick I'm pretty sure I heard 39 yards in the pros. Was that right? You watch the highlights of those games 30 years ago and older and it's insane how hard they hit each other and slammed guys into the ground. Some of the rules these days might seem to be extreme but living with or dying from head trauma is awful.
Yes, I always thought Dave did a great job with Bjorn. I think Dave also made some funny comments about App State installing condom machines in the dorms. (Was App one of the first to do so?) Dave was like MAD magazine in my view. If MAD or Dave was making fun of and with you then you had made it.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Wed May 24, 2023 2:00 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 9:13 am
bigdaddyg wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 7:05 am
Yes, I always thought Dave did a great job with Bjorn. I think Dave also made some funny comments about App State installing condom machines in the dorms. (Was App one of the first to do so?) Dave was like MAD magazine in my view. If MAD or Dave was making fun of and with you then you had made it.
App was the first to install free condom machines in the dorms. It was my freshman year, 1988, and yes Letterman commented on it. An enterprising student made T-shirts - ASU on the front and "Always Safe University" on a condom rapper on the back- and sold them in the dorms. Dude sold a lot of shirts, I bought one and most people I know did as well. Always think of that person and wonder if he/she ended up with some type of entrepreneurial career.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”