Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Any new news from the Zoom meeting last night???

spacemonkey
School: Appalachian State

Any new news from the Zoom meeting last night???

Unread post by spacemonkey » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:35 am

Any new news from the Zoom meeting last night??? I didn't make the call.

BambooRdApp

Re: Any new news from the Zoom meeting last night???

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:52 am

3000 wait-list for season tickets.
Team staying at Marriott Fort Collins for Wyoming game. Will be event in Denver one evening and working on GameDay tailgate in Laramie
Still working out parking for lots that may be offline this season
Mountaineer lot will be open this season.
No changes for me on my lot..so should be good.
Single game tickets for YC members will come out sometime in July or early August.
I was duel tasking with work..so probably heard that what peaked my interest
Slides from call may be available. Not sure how will be distributed though.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

appgrad2010

Unread post by appgrad2010 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:11 am

Signed up for call and never got a link sent to my email.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:15 am

They're waiting on the Board of Trustees to OK some checklist items to release the updated East Side renderings.

Season tix renewal rate is roughly 80%. Last year sold out at around 11,000, so 80% would be around 8,800. They don't expect 100% by March 31, the deadline.

Premium tickets holders will have mobile ticket option this season.

The BOT meets tomorrow (Friday, March 24) and is scheduled to approve hopefully the last of App 105 funding, which will accordion to the new indoor practice facility once that is done.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:35 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:52 am
Team staying at Marriott Fort Collins for Wyoming game. Will be event in Denver one evening and working on GameDay tailgate in Laramie
Single game tickets for YC members will come out sometime in July or early August.
I'd like to know why we would offer single game tickets to YC members when we have a wait list for season tickets. YC Members have already made their request so throw the waitlist folks a bone and give them first chance at those tickets for either the entire season or individual games.

Better yet, if we have that many people wanting tickets why not bring back the temporary seats we had for UNC last year? I know its for "practice space" but that area isn't really used much for drills due to being a different type of turf. We could require $75 per seat donation (lower than any other section since they're temp seats) along with the normal $250 per season ticket. If we had 2,000 seats to sell at those prices it would generate an additional $650,000 in revenue. That should be more than enough to cover the cost of having the seats plus it would grow YC memberships. Let the remaining waitlist folks that don't get in the end zone buy single game tickets before anyone else, but require also require a YC donation of $50 to get that benefit.

What better way to keep those waitlist folks engaged and also grow the YC?
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:53 am

Sounds like they need to raise the YC min donation for tickets.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:01 pm

Not sure as I am not in Athletics Department. One reason may be to reward long term holders and YC members a benefit/reward for their commitment. I would think that games like UNC, easyU, are high demand., just a guess on my part
#99ForPresident!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:03 pm

JTApps1 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:35 am
BambooRdApp wrote:
I'd like to know why we would offer single game tickets to YC members when we have a wait list for season tickets. YC Members have already made their request so throw the waitlist folks a bone and give them first chance at those tickets for either the entire season or individual games.

Better yet, if we have that many people wanting tickets why not bring back the temporary seats we had for UNC last year? I know its for "practice space" but that area isn't really used much for drills due to being a different type of turf. We could require $75 per seat donation (lower than any other section since they're temp seats) along with the normal $250 per season ticket. If we had 2,000 seats to sell at those prices it would generate an additional $650,000 in revenue. That should be more than enough to cover the cost of having the seats plus it would grow YC memberships. Let the remaining waitlist folks that don't get in the end zone buy single game tickets before anyone else, but require also require a YC donation of $50 to get that benefit.

I agree that it would be nice to allow wait list folks an opportunity to buy single game tickets. Maybe not ahead of current YC but before the general public. Again, the temp seats in the NEZ won’t happen. Yes, it would generate a good deal of money, but that area is already being paid for by NEZ ticket holders. So you can’t double dip and you can’t take the access away without changing your pricing model. Honestly, I could care less about the field access once the game starts. So if I lost it, no big deal. But I would expect them to knock some off my ticket price. So the gain of added revenue from temp bleachers would be offset by lost revenue from the cost of renting the bleachers, storage, and maintenance and the diminished revenue from premium ticket holders.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:27 pm

Does anyone know how many people on the waiting list are current holders looking to upgrade to premium seats?

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:33 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:03 pm
JTApps1 wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:

I agree that it would be nice to allow wait list folks an opportunity to buy single game tickets. Maybe not ahead of current YC but before the general public. Again, the temp seats in the NEZ won’t happen. Yes, it would generate a good deal of money, but that area is already being paid for by NEZ ticket holders. So you can’t double dip and you can’t take the access away without changing your pricing model. Honestly, I could care less about the field access once the game starts. So if I lost it, no big deal. But I would expect them to knock some off my ticket price. So the gain of added revenue from temp bleachers would be offset by lost revenue from the cost of renting the bleachers, storage, and maintenance and the diminished revenue from premium ticket holders.
Agree. I only go down for team entrance and then go up to my seats. I would be fine if I did not have access and charge me same price. ..or giving it up for UNC, easyU, etc. as I see greater good of more revenue for certain games
#99ForPresident!!

Ozzies

Unread post by Ozzies » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:36 pm

JTApps1 wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:

I think the waitlist people get their chance to buy season tickets before the single game tickets open up

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:05 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:15 am
They're waiting on the Board of Trustees to OK some checklist items to release the updated East Side renderings.

Season tix renewal rate is roughly 80%. Last year sold out at around 11,000, so 80% would be around 8,800. They don't expect 100% by March 31, the deadline.

Premium tickets holders will have mobile ticket option this season.

The BOT meets tomorrow (Friday, March 24) and is scheduled to approve hopefully the last of App 105 funding, which will accordion to the new indoor practice facility once that is done.
Is the new practice facility going to be at the 105 complex?

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:05 pm

Ozzies wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:36 pm
JTApps1 wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:

I think the waitlist people get their chance to buy season tickets before the single game tickets open up
That's good to know. I would still put a small YC donation requirement to reserve that right.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

Tru2ASU

Unread post by Tru2ASU » Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:07 pm

Wonder if the new East Zone renderings lead to a kickoff in fundraising for it.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:08 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
JTApps1 wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:

They haven't been shy about changing perks for YC members in other areas so why would this field level access be untouchable? There is supposedly a long waiting list for premium seats (hence the future East Side addition) so the NEZ would still be full if someone was truly that upset and left.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:25 pm

JTApps1 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:08 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
JTApps1 wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:

They haven't been shy about changing perks for YC members in other areas so why would this field level access be untouchable? There is supposedly a long waiting list for premium seats (hence the future East Side addition) so the NEZ would still be full if someone was truly that upset and left.
I suppose they could change the rules. But they would also have to return the donation to the Hatley family that paid for the naming rights under the NEZ. I just don’t see it happening.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:32 pm

Technically, I do not believe you have to be YC club member to be in NEZ. It would be a seat holder benefit.....
I was not required to YC member. I elected to be later... right before first season well after I purchased nex seats. That may have changed
I do not know
#99ForPresident!!

App90

Unread post by App90 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:34 pm

JTApps1 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:08 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
JTApps1 wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:

NEZ ticket holders pay a 750.00 dollars sur charge and the 250.00 a seat just to be in the NEZ. Not to mention the minimum I think 1500 donation. And on top of that they gave $1000.00 per seat to just buy the seat for 3-7 years. That crowd is literally a money printer for App State. I really do not think you want to really bash those folks because they are really helping finance a lot of what is going on. I have heard numbers of right around 3.5 million per season coming out of 880 people and that is stout. And my hat is off to them. As far as the NEZ being untouchable, maybe not but if you look at that, they are giving their all to App State. Maybe its time to do a SEZ side.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:47 pm

BallantyneApp wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:05 pm
Is the new practice facility going to be at the 105 complex?
No, it's going to be where the current one and the softball field is, bigger with offices, training rooms, etc.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:09 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:32 pm
Technically, I do not believe you have to be YC club member to be in NEZ. It would be a seat holder benefit.....
I was not required to YC member. I elected to be later... right before first season well after I purchased nex seats. That may have changed
I do not know
I think it changed in 2021. My requirement to apply was to donate at least $500. Now I believe the price tag to get in makes it as if we stole from them. 🤣

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”