Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Spring Ball

ASUFan4863
School: Appalachian State

Re: Spring Ball

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:32 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:25 pm
With the current plans in place, the staff isn't too worried about losing Powers or Everett. Obviously, everything is fluid and can (and likely will) change.

We have some prospects in line waiting to accept an offer.
Thanks for some clarity. Sometimes the name shock is more than the reality. There is a reason he was not clearly a starter by now despite a lot of game experience. There is a reason we have been offering MULTIPLE IOL and OT. This just gives them more reason to commit. Thanks and good luck Troy. Moving on to people willing to give their all for App.

More importantly - we have a better OL coach to train and develop these linemen. I think it’s clear Geep Wade was a MASSIVE BUST.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:39 pm

ASUFan4863 wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:32 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
With the current plans in place, the staff isn't too worried about losing Powers or Everett. Obviously, everything is fluid and can (and likely will) change.

Thanks for some clarity. Sometimes the name shock is more than the reality. There is a reason he was not clearly a starter by now despite a lot of game experience. There is a reason we have been offering MULTIPLE IOL and OT. This just gives them more reason to commit. Thanks and good luck Troy. Moving on to people willing to give their all for App.

More importantly - we have a better OL coach to train and develop these linemen. I think it’s clear Geep Wade was a MASSIVE BUST.
I don't think Wade was a massive bust. I think it was more of a culture thing for him. Players here are used to leading themselves. Geep is used to "do it this way or don't play" mentality because that's how's it's been everywhere he's coached.

Both have their perks. Geep just didn't fit in here but he's well regarded in the industry. If Clark had the money he had this year for his, Cummings would have been the hire last year. It's no surprise Cincy can pay more, but we were Cummings first choice -- we just couldn't get close enough to his numbers. DG saw we needed to increase assistant salaries to stay competitive so gave Clark more this year. Without those increases, we don't get any of the coaches we hired.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:39 pm

Everett is reeling in some big offers…Oklahoma, Mizzou to name a couple. Good for him. Weird he couldn’t crack a starting spot but OU is taking a look.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:47 pm

311neers wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:39 pm
Everett is reeling in some big offers…Oklahoma, Mizzou to name a couple. Good for him. Weird he couldn’t crack a starting spot but OU is taking a look.
Talent wasn't the reason he wasn't the confirmed starter after spring...

If it was up to talent alone, he would have never left the field from day 1...
tAPPedInSports.net

ASUFan4863

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:55 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:47 pm
311neers wrote:

Well what was the reason…. No use in playing the guessing game with someone leaving the program

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:58 pm

One of our first portal entries that will likely “step up” in competition. Surprised it took this long, but knew these days were coming. Just shows that we are a solid program and teams want our coaches/players.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:51 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:38 pm
Who is rooting for him to ride the bench?
You know, count me as one who really doesn’t care what happens to him. I don’t wish him any bad, but I’m sick and tired of having to always take the high road when it comes to these things. Plus, I have a kid who goes to UVA, so if he goes to Tech, I hope he doesn’t sniff win one.

You think you can do better than App, despite not being able to play well enough to become a starter? Good for you. Don’t let the door hit ya…. We’ll do what we’ve done for years with true App guys.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:23 pm

ASUFan4863 wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:55 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:47 pm
311neers wrote:

Well what was the reason…. No use in playing the guessing game with someone leaving the program
I've already said it. Last year he had an issue with the position coach... He decided to wait it out with the new coach to see if issues were resolved...

If one player has issues with two different position coaches with completely different coaching styles, perhaps it's no longer the coach causing said issues...

As already referenced, his dad is also a big voice in his ear and his dad thinks Troy should be the number 1 overall pick at every position on the field.

And, a promised scholarship offer from his dream school...
tAPPedInSports.net

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:59 pm

All that I have heard said about Troy is that he is great kid and a good teammate. I see no reason to speak ill of him or suggest that he was somehow a problem. He's chosen to move on and I don't understand grown men expressing hurt feelings over his decision. If he was such a scrub or a trouble maker, I doubt he would be getting the interest has gotten. Time to move on folks.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:13 pm

hapapp wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:59 pm
All that I have heard said about Troy is that he is great kid and a good teammate. I see no reason to speak ill of him or suggest that he was somehow a problem. He's chosen to move on and I don't understand grown men expressing hurt feelings over his decision. If he was such a scrub or a trouble maker, I doubt he would be getting the interest has gotten. Time to move on folks.
Not a scrub or a trouble maker. Not trying to bad mouth him. He's a great kid. Just because someone doesn't agree with how certain things are done doesn't make him a bad person. I know it's wild to think in this day and age, but people can have two different opinions and still be cordial...

Troy is not leaving on bad terms. Troy would be welcomed back with open arms if he were to want to come back.
tAPPedInSports.net

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:29 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:31 pm
It’s where he, and his father wanted to be from the get go. It was initially down to us and Tech and apparently, Fuentes made the decision easy for Troy. Now that they have a new coach, it seems like a great fit from the outside, we shall see how Daddy handles his boy riding the pine at Tech.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:42 am

T-Dog wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:29 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:31 pm
It’s where he, and his father wanted to be from the get go. It was initially down to us and Tech and apparently, Fuentes made the decision easy for Troy. Now that they have a new coach, it seems like a great fit from the outside, we shall see how Daddy handles his boy riding the pine at Tech.
If you take that as rooting against him then fine. I like Troy and think that he can be a heckuva player at App or the G5 level. The accolades and recognition speak to that. His Dad was all sunshine and roses until Troy got benched. He then became quite toxic to message board crowds and to folks in the stands at games. My comment was regarding if daddy would bad mouth the coaches at his beloved Va Tech the same way that he did at App when his kid wasn’t playing and yes, that is assuming that he doesn’t, not wishing it.

As for the “carrying Clark’s water” comment. I don’t know Clark anymore than you and certainly don’t have interaction with him that would define a relationship. But by all means, please keep on being the champion for those that don’t like Clark and for those that oppose the “Sunshine Crowd” on here.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:08 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:13 pm
hapapp wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:59 pm
Not a scrub or a trouble maker. Not trying to bad mouth him. He's a great kid. Just because someone doesn't agree with how certain things are done doesn't make him a bad person. I know it's wild to think in this day and age, but people can have two different opinions and still be cordial...

Troy is not leaving on bad terms. Troy would be welcomed back with open arms if he were to want to come back.
My response was in reaction to your suggestion he was causing issues. I take your word that you weren't bad mouthing him.

AppNC

Unread post by AppNC » Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:49 am

Wish I had know me posting first about him leaving would have caused so much conversation. I should have started a new thread🤣

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:08 am

Va. Tech is basically a G5 school the last few years...so lateral transfer...🤣🤣🤣🤣
Good luck to Troy. Wish him well and hope he does well.
Comments above seem to speak more about the parent than the player. Yes, one can apologize for for inappropriate comments, however, if it is on a message board, in the stands....it is what it is...was the apology genuine...who knows as I have never met the guy...do not care to know now that gone .
What I do know is we have depth issues at OL and Troy will be missed. Good luck to him.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:29 am

AppStateNews wrote:

Hope springs eternal...

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:54 am

Well I’m disappointed to see him leave. BUT I’ve been around plenty of Dad’s that need to btfoff. I won’t dwell on departures in the current f’d up climate.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:56 pm

My only coaching experience occurred in Little League and some Travel ball and that was enough with the dads at the fence. I couldn't imagine being a college football coach and having to listen to some crazy ass dad/mom.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:06 pm

Basketball staff has suffered through dads , moms , cousins ...everybody thinks junior should be getting 30 minutes a game except the professionals who are evaluating his every move.As to Everette , it's a loss , whatever the "issue" is or was.Oklahoma offer is impressive.I can't address the gravity of the loss though , time will tell .HCSC knows what is at stake in the fall and who the responsibility lies with.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:17 pm

If then were now - how much do you think Armanti would have been offered after the Michigan upset and outplaying Joe Flacco for his second straight championship?
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”