Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

CBS Sports rates 3rd year head coaches

appdaze

Re: CBS Sports rates 3rd year head coaches

Unread post by appdaze » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:28 am

Stonewall wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:24 am
I expect to win every time we take the field.
We seem to have a solid core that prefers excuses to wins.

AppWyo
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by AppWyo » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:39 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:17 am
mike87 wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:19 pm
FBS has changed us.

7 years ago as FCS we wouldn't have been mentioned in this article and all the posts would be chest thumpers claiming how we are better than ... and we need to move up
Today as FBS we get mentioned with decent accolades and 100% of the posts are "we suck", fire the coach and we should be demoted.

You boys are too much.
Gotta call you out on this one. "100% of the posts are "we suck", fire the coach and we should be demoted."

You are definitely throwing a grenade in the room. Yes, some have said those things but the majority have said we were disappointed and tried to evaluate our situation with opinions that hopefully lead to a better program. BIG difference between those two positions. Just because folks don't see everything through rose colored glasses doesn't mean we want to fire everybody and burn the place down. I think it is reasonable to want and expect us to win the conference every year and be in the top 25. Will we, probably not but that should be our goals so we always strive to be the best G5 program in the nation. I will not apologize for setting my bar high. I bet you every coach and players feels the same.
No offence, but I do not want to be the best G5 team in the land, I want to be the best team in the land. We already have the best school in the land...

It takes a special person to be a Mountaineer. I would say that Appalachian Graduates are a special breed. I do not think Steve Wilks would show the kind of class he has had he not gone to Appalachian.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:51 pm

Thank god for this post. The coach bashing had almost stopped for a while and that would never do around here. We get some national recognition and we have to tear it down. Just plain pitiful.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:20 pm

bcoach wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:51 pm
Thank god for this post. The coach bashing had almost stopped for a while and that would never do around here. We get some national recognition and we have to tear it down. Just plain pitiful.
The CW on here says that that is what message boards are for. I Facebook messaged with one of the used to be regular posters on this board last week. He says he mostly lurks now and not post much because of the coach and player bashing. He was on the old Delphi board as well as its predecessor. He is well known to dozens of members of the MMB. That's all I will say about him
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:06 am

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”