Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

New D-Line coach (Football Scoop)

T-Dog

Re: New D-Line coach (Football Scoop)

Unread post by T-Dog » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:29 pm

He needs to be thrown in Duck Pond today. And then tomorrow and Friday as well. Just to make sure.

AppStateNews
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by AppStateNews » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:36 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:20 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:12 pm
appstate5 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:10 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:35 pm
This is a damn good hire. I honestly didn't even know he wasn't coaching anywhere. This is definitely a Sloan pick.
Why did he not coach in 2022?
I don't know. Trying to figure that out. Looks like he was working for Riddell selling athletic equipment. It could be as simple as he was tired of coaching, decided to get in to the corporate world and missed it, and jumped at the opportunity. I really don't know.
I'm guessing he wasn't retained by Helton, then decided to take the season off. I imagine that happens to more assistant coaches then we are aware. Good for him to get back into coaching. Welcome to The Rock, this time wearing the right colors.
Yeah, he definitely wasn't retained by Helton. I think the question is along the lines of "if he is such a good D Line coach, why didn't he get picked up by someone else when he wasn't retained?"

And for that, I don't know. And likely will never know. I just know it was never fun facing his linemen on the field.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:36 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:32 pm
Damn, does that make it 2 this year that were at Stink? I realize one was with us too...
But going to Stink for any job...one must be desperate..😂😂😂
It’s like an Indiana Jones movie. Go into Statesboro, find the one or two gems and get out of the swampy wilderness as quick as possible.

app97

Unread post by app97 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:54 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:27 pm
Anyone here have access to the “Flight Line” on Georgia Southern’s message board? It’s locked to non members. Would be curious as to their thoughts.
They seemed to like him. One references that the hire “hurts his soul”. Other references are to choke holds, chair throws, and “WWE about to be lit in Boone”. Maybe he brings intensity…hopefully not as classless as Lunsford.

Just create an account and answer some random question about a campus landmark that is easily googleable. They aren’t smart enough to figure out a better vetting system. Critical thinking and ga southern are not synonymous.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:02 pm

app97 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:54 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Anyone here have access to the “Flight Line” on Georgia Southern’s message board? It’s locked to non members. Would be curious as to their thoughts.
They seemed to like him. One references that the hire “hurts his soul”. Other references are to choke holds, chair throws, and “WWE about to be lit in Boone”. Maybe he brings intensity…hopefully not as classless as Lunsford.

Just create an account and answer some random question about a campus landmark that is easily googleable. They aren’t smart enough to figure out a better vetting system. Critical thinking and ga southern are not synonymous.
So NewApp can’t join?

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:14 pm

I just hope we have a really good method to fumigate all years worth of STINK that has built up in his system, but I worry It is like a forever chemical and there is just no cleaning that can go deep enough. I guess everyone deserves a second chance, even if he didn't see the light while playing or coaching there for 11 years. Man I hate Georgia Southern. Almost as much as Marshall and Furman. At least we didn't bring on anyone from Furman yet.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:16 pm

Hate him.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:17 pm

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:02 pm
app97 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

So NewApp can’t join?
Now that is funny...I do not care what you say😂😂😂
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:19 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:14 pm
I just hope we have a really good method to fumigate all years worth of STINK that has built up in his system, but I worry It is like a forever chemical and there is just no cleaning that can go deep enough. I guess everyone deserves a second chance, even if he didn't see the light while playing or coaching there for 11 years. Man I hate Georgia Southern. Almost as much as Marshall and Furman. At least we didn't bring on anyone from Furman yet.
If like Yellowstone and he has Ga.So.( or maybe he went Stink) branded on his chest. Hmmm. We may to take him to the "Train Station" as he is really a spy 😂😂
#99ForPresident!!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:23 pm

appstate5 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:10 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:35 pm
This is a damn good hire. I honestly didn't even know he wasn't coaching anywhere. This is definitely a Sloan pick.
Why did he not coach in 2022?
There is a year long process to become 'de-stinked"....I have heard some do not survive as they really stink😂
#99ForPresident!!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:45 pm

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:02 pm
app97 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

So NewApp can’t join?
That is funny right there. LOL

ASU843

Unread post by ASU843 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:12 pm

If he is a good coach that is good enough for me. Could care less where he played or coached. I trust the DC on this.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:21 pm

Everyone who says I’m always negative huddle around.

I think this is a great hire.

Eagle22

Unread post by Eagle22 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:41 pm

app97 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

If you want account access, just PM me ;)

The random question is set to cut out the bots. And the ones who don't use/like Google.

It has worked.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:43 pm

Eagle22 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:41 pm
app97 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

If you want account access, just PM me ;)

The random question is set to cut out the bots. And the ones who don't use/like Google.

It has worked.
We have someone on here who claims he can't use Google so I guess he is out of luck. lol

Wally

Unread post by Wally » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:55 am

T-Dog wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:29 pm
He needs to be thrown in Duck Pond today. And then tomorrow and Friday as well. Just to make sure.
Right! Is there any way to reverse the baptism in the disgusting gnat creek? Maybe a little time under Linville Falls?

Wally

Unread post by Wally » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:59 am

t4pizza wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:14 pm
Once he gets that clean mountain air flowing through his lungs it will work like magic to clean off the years of stink built up. It can't happen overnight, but the benefits will begin immediately.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:38 am

On a very serious note. I hope he is informed on day one that we do NOT tolerate the behavior that is accepted and maybe even expected in Statesboro. All joking aside APP is a totally different environment and our players ( and fans for that matter ) are held to a much higher standard. Being that he also played there I would hate to see that GS attitude creep into our program. Looks like a good coach, I just hope he fits our culture.

Appmountaineers19
School: Other

Unread post by Appmountaineers19 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:18 am

bcoach wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:38 am
On a very serious note. I hope he is informed on day one that we do NOT tolerate the behavior that is accepted and maybe even expected in Statesboro. All joking aside APP is a totally different environment and our players ( and fans for that matter ) are held to a much higher standard. Being that he also played there I would hate to see that GS attitude creep into our program. Looks like a good coach, I just hope he fits our culture.

Makes no sense what you are saying. He's a coach and hand picked by Sloan who was also there. I know its a hated rival but cmon.

yikas1

Unread post by yikas1 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:48 am

Does this mean we have a coach who will teach our players to play dirty and whine about the refs when we lose? God help us.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”