Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Chase Brice

bigdaddyg
School: Appalachian State

Re: Chase Brice

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:32 am

Wyoming's record for the last 2 years that they had Josh Allen- 16 and 11. App State record for the 2 years with Chase- 16 and 10. I'm not saying that they are remotely close to similar QB's but for those who focus on team records that's pretty close and a fair college comparison as we are closer to peer schools than App and Georgia would be.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:40 am

311neers wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:05 am
bigdaddyg wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:35 am
QB is probably the most important position on a team and it's hard to win without a good one. The obsession with Chase is crazy. I really can't recall a whole bunch of games over his 2 years that we could have won had he played better. He didn't play defense or special teams. I can't imagine us being in a position to almost beat UNC without his play. Too many "experts " want to focus solely on what he did or didn't do. Watching a game either on TV or even live doesn't give you every dimension that exists on the field. You can't get a true feel for sight lines on plays, missed blocks or routes run incorrectly. Way too much goes on. Who knows if he will get to play at the next level but he was damn good for 2 years.
Best pure qb we've had. Just because he didnt go 13-1 or win a ship doesnt mean he wasnt good. That's like saying Dan Marino isn't as good as Eli Manning because he didnt have the accomplishments...
Don Shula should have been fired in Dan's 3rd or 4th year at the QB helm🤣🤣🤣
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

ASUFan4863

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:46 am

311neers wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:05 am
bigdaddyg wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:35 am
QB is probably the most important position on a team and it's hard to win without a good one. The obsession with Chase is crazy. I really can't recall a whole bunch of games over his 2 years that we could have won had he played better. He didn't play defense or special teams. I can't imagine us being in a position to almost beat UNC without his play. Too many "experts " want to focus solely on what he did or didn't do. Watching a game either on TV or even live doesn't give you every dimension that exists on the field. You can't get a true feel for sight lines on plays, missed blocks or routes run incorrectly. Way too much goes on. Who knows if he will get to play at the next level but he was damn good for 2 years.
Best pure qb we've had. Just because he didnt go 13-1 or win a ship doesnt mean he wasnt good. That's like saying Dan Marino isn't as good as Eli Manning because he didnt have the accomplishments...
I remember watching the ECTTC-App game last season and thinking this. He was the best pure passing QB we have had in my memory. Mobility and the middle of field were his kryptonite. I don't understand why any fan would hate on him. He transferred here and immediately gave his all for App while being a good spokesperson for the "brand". I hope he makes an NFL team. I could see him being a chase daniel type guy - Goes undrafted but somehow plays forever.

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:14 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:32 am
Wyoming's record for the last 2 years that they had Josh Allen- 16 and 11. App State record for the 2 years with Chase- 16 and 10. I'm not saying that they are remotely close to similar QB's but for those who focus on team records that's pretty close and a fair college comparison as we are closer to peer schools than App and Georgia would be.
Interesting.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:42 pm

What was Patrick Mahomes' record in college? Patrick Mahomes' Red Raiders went 13-19. His best season in Lubbock came in 2015, when Texas Tech went 7-5 in the regular season.

I’m sure glad his talent wasn’t wasted.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:26 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:42 pm
What was Patrick Mahomes' record in college? Patrick Mahomes' Red Raiders went 13-19. His best season in Lubbock came in 2015, when Texas Tech went 7-5 in the regular season.

Now I like Chase but let's not get all crazy here. Mahomes probably got him by a little bit.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:55 pm

mike87 wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:26 pm
AppSt94 wrote:

Now I like Chase but let's not get all crazy here. Mahomes probably got him by a little bit.
Nobody is comparing Brice to Mahomes. Simply arguing against the fact that we wasted Brice's talent and the coach is the only reason we had a subpar season.

Football is the epitome a team game. Not one person is going to make a team great when other pieces are missing.

Just listen to Sloans presser. He has one line talking about implosions, explosions, etc. I'd wager 99% of this board couldn't watch film and tell Sloan what is what on each play. Yet, these players have to figure it out in half a second based on what the other team does. And if one person makes the wrong read, it's going to make another person look bad even though they made the right read.

Same thing in offense. The TX State pick Brice threw looked BAD. Real bad. But, what we don't know is if the WR made the wrong read. It was likely an option route and Chase was expecting a sit and WR did something else (or vice versa -- I really don't remember the specific play other than it happened). It made Chase look really bad but in reality, it probably wasn't his fault.

Or the first UNC two point conversion... Davis starts back pedaling the moment Chase starts his throwing motion. A WR is taught from the moment they step on a football field you continue to follow your upfield shoulder so the QB has a target. Chase used that target. Davis turned. Target Chase was going for is now gone causing what looks like an errant throw -- when in reality, it was Davis' fault.

Chase also made several mistakes that were cleaned up by good plays by other players. The point is, majority of the time we as fans don't see the mishaps other players are making that cause plays to go awry. So, to say we had an NFL caliber QB and wasted his talent because the coaching staff is so bad is so far inaccurate it's not even funny.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:39 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:55 pm
mike87 wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:26 pm
AppSt94 wrote:

Nobody is comparing Brice to Mahomes. Simply arguing against the fact that we wasted Brice's talent and the coach is the only reason we had a subpar season.

Football is the epitome a team game. Not one person is going to make a team great when other pieces are missing.

Just listen to Sloans presser. He has one line talking about implosions, explosions, etc. I'd wager 99% of this board couldn't watch film and tell Sloan what is what on each play. Yet, these players have to figure it out in half a second based on what the other team does. And if one person makes the wrong read, it's going to make another person look bad even though they made the right read.

Same thing in offense. The TX State pick Brice threw looked BAD. Real bad. But, what we don't know is if the WR made the wrong read. It was likely an option route and Chase was expecting a sit and WR did something else (or vice versa -- I really don't remember the specific play other than it happened). It made Chase look really bad but in reality, it probably wasn't his fault.

Or the first UNC two point conversion... Davis starts back pedaling the moment Chase starts his throwing motion. A WR is taught from the moment they step on a football field you continue to follow your upfield shoulder so the QB has a target. Chase used that target. Davis turned. Target Chase was going for is now gone causing what looks like an errant throw -- when in reality, it was Davis' fault.

Chase also made several mistakes that were cleaned up by good plays by other players. The point is, majority of the time we as fans don't see the mishaps other players are making that cause plays to go awry. So, to say we had an NFL caliber QB and wasted his talent because the coaching staff is so bad is so far inaccurate it's not even funny.
Sarcasm font.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:46 pm

Panthers just traded for #1 Pick to ensure they get Bryce, I mean Brice.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:57 pm

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:46 pm
Panthers just traded for #1 Pick to ensure they get Bryce, I mean Brice.
What if they make same mistake when they make their pick? 😵

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:29 am

Nice Twitter quote by Chase Brice...App. St. For Life.

I promise you that Coastal game had like 60,000 🤣 at least that’s what it sounded like 🫶🏼🔥🖤💛 #GoApp

One thing about App is the people will show up! They love Boone, they love football & more importantly they LOVE The Rock!!! It doesn’t matter the day! 2023 will be special…
#99ForPresident!!

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:09 pm

Is Brice continuing football?
BLACK SATURDAY

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:27 pm

CFL..maybe on team or practice squad.
#99ForPresident!!

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:49 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:27 pm
CFL..maybe on team or practice squad.
BC Lions practice squad.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”