Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Chase Brice

bcoach
School: Appalachian State

Re: Chase Brice

Unread post by bcoach » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:54 pm

teller wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:43 am
Searched google with multiple keywords and couldn’t find anything as simple as a boxscore. Only thing I came across was tweets from the hulabowl twitter which had two Chase Bruce mentions of a lost fumble and INT. If some NFL picks him up, I believe we’ll see a bust equivalent to Jimmy Clausen or more recently, Zach Wilson. Hate all you’d like but I just don’t see him having what it takes to be able to be successful at the next level. Also: “do would you like some cheese? …to go with that wine?”
You know.........never mind.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:36 pm

Always a MOUNTAINEER!!!
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:24 pm

There was a guy named Matt Ryan that Atlanta Falcans drafted in first round that I had never heard of and never seen. At the time he was drafted I looked back at his college stats and was not blown away. For whatever reason they saw something. Most folks know who he is now.

Point made above, NFL scouts look for things many college fans probably don’t see. I am not saying Chase will get drafted but as one said, if he gets some breaks with a team, who knows what his future will be. I think he has all the tools and think WVApp put it best, you need a bit of luck and being in the right place at right time. I would love to see him do well in the NFL.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:48 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:35 am
How many NFL QB's (mostly the backup and lower tier guys) are ones who even a fairly knowledgeable fan has never really heard of? If I took a quiz of the current NFL QB's as to what college they attended I would probably miss on a whole bunch. Never heard of Brock Purdy. While he might be one of the true exceptions there are certainly plenty of others who spend years bouncing around rosters and make some decent money as backups. Seems a bit harsh to already label Chase as a bust.
Never heard of Purdy? He went to Iowa State. He was there for part of the time that the QB we had who flipped to them before going to NDSU.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:50 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:36 pm
Always a MOUNTAINEER!!!
He is and I am very happy to have him. Wonder why he did that graphic though? He was out of eligibility. Love his passion for our program and hope it turns into an active donor and we see him in the stands at plenty of games.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:58 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:48 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
How many NFL QB's (mostly the backup and lower tier guys) are ones who even a fairly knowledgeable fan has never really heard of? If I took a quiz of the current NFL QB's as to what college they attended I would probably miss on a whole bunch. Never heard of Brock Purdy. While he might be one of the true exceptions there are certainly plenty of others who spend years bouncing around rosters and make some decent money as backups. Seems a bit harsh to already label Chase as a bust.
Never heard of Purdy? He went to Iowa State. He was there for part of the time that the QB we had who flipped to them before going to NDSU.
I know that now having watched some Niners games. Nope never watched any Iowa St games and only a few Big12.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:12 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
Zeb Nolan , son of Travis ,who played at APP a couple of decades back.Zeb flipped late and put us in a bind but I get he wanted P5.Purdy beat him out as a freshman and he transferred to NDSU .Purdy had a great career at Iowa State.Nolan ultimately went to SC as a grad assistant and ended up the Gamers starting QB.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:25 pm

Is it typical for guys out of eligibility to formally declare for the draft?

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:27 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:58 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
I know that now having watched some Niners games. Nope never watched any Iowa St games and only a few Big12.
I just thought he seemed like a name that many would know from hearing some. I guess it depends on how much football you watch but hearing that now makes sense. Purdy was a good one. I would not have guessed he would do all this but thought he would at least be a good backup.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:33 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:12 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
Zeb Nolan , son of Travis ,who played at APP a couple of decades back.Zeb flipped late and put us in a bind but I get he wanted P5.Purdy beat him out as a freshman and he transferred to NDSU .Purdy had a great career at Iowa State.Nolan ultimately went to SC as a grad assistant and ended up the Gamers starting QB.
I forgot his name but remember that. He was going to be an assistant and injuries had him decide to play one last year. He actually did decent considering the situation.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:51 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
teller is a Gumroot fan.
BLACK SATURDAY

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:30 pm

There was a guy named Matt Ryan that Atlanta Falcans drafted in first round that I had never heard of and never seen.

I knew of Ryan but others in office didn’t- he won me some $ that year.
Bring Your A Game!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:16 am

Chase has already exceeded this Mountaineer’s expectations and will always be proud to call him one of us. Great career and even better representative off the field.

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:27 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:16 am
Chase has already exceeded this Mountaineer’s expectations and will always be proud to call him one of us. Great career and even better representative off the field.
Agreed! No better ambassador for our great university than Chase! Wishing him nothing but the best. Thank you 7!

GO APPS!!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:23 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Matt Ryan was a helluva college QB at Boston College. He was projected to do well

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:30 am

Stonewall wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
And because of this situation, we got Zac Thomas!
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:11 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:30 am
Stonewall wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
And because of this situation, we got Zac Thomas!
It worked out pretty good for us.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:58 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:23 am
Saint3333 wrote:
Matt Ryan was a helluva college QB at Boston College. He was projected to do well
Seriously, how are there two posts on here stating Matt Ryan was some unknown entity coming into the NFL. He was a top 7 Heisman finalist and led Boston College to what I believe was their last top 10 AP finish.

Brice and Ryan are not remotely comparable.

Chase has been awesome for App, I’m super glad we got him in the portal and he’s been a great ambassador for us. But I’ll be shocked if he makes an NFL a practice squad. I hope he proves me wrong!
YNWA

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:22 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:58 am
Rekdiver wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:23 am
Saint3333 wrote:
Seriously, how are there two posts on here stating Matt Ryan was some unknown entity coming into the NFL. He was a top 7 Heisman finalist and led Boston College to what I believe was their last top 10 AP finish.

Brice and Ryan are not remotely comparable.

Chase has been awesome for App, I’m super glad we got him in the portal and he’s been a great ambassador for us. But I’ll be shocked if he makes an NFL a practice squad. I hope he proves me wrong!
Agree. Not even close to a reasonable comparison. A more apt comparison might be someone like Tony Romo. Played at Eastern Illinois and was an UDFA. He did win the Payton Award but was still not really highly regarded.

VNova

Unread post by VNova » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:19 pm

Brady was drafted in the 6th round, started his career as the 4th string QB, became the backup, and then through a stroke of unfortunate injury became the starter for the Patriots.

Sometimes the best fit is where you least expect it, even if someone appears mediocre on paper. If Brice wants it, I wish him the best of luck (though hopefully without injury to others being the source of it)!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”