Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Chase Brice

AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Chase Brice

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:11 pm

appdaze wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:55 pm
A lot of the people I know outside of the Appalachian foot peint don't know anything about App either. We really are just a regional school so it doesn't surprise me when these announcers and other sports figures know little to nothing about us. We've had a few flash in the pan moments on the national scene but that is it. We have years/decades ahead of us that need to be filled with winning the conference and getting into whatever tournament is created to get the name recognition.
I don't give these announcers a pass on this stuff because they get paid a lot of money to analyze and present accurate information. The coaches who don't do it show me they have no respect for the school or are just too lazy.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:29 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:11 pm
I couldn't even google the game. Zero on ESPN site. Game not even listed among All Star games. Is it a secret??
I think this shows why Marshall, Southern Miss and ODU were so excited to leave CUSA for the Belt. CBS Sports Network doesn't have the bandwidth of ESPN and the mothership does not report on events that are not part of their broadcast networks.

Thankfully, the Sun Belt has the ESPN affiliation (and between the Coastal game from last year and Gameday, we have some fans at the network)

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:57 am

bcoach wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:53 pm
ASU3432Mi wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:10 pm
Starting QB for the blue team in Hula Bowl. Announcer mispronounced Appalachian. How does this keep happening?
It happens because there are two ways to pronounce the WORD. Those who are not familiar do not realize there is only one way to pronounce the NAME.
Actually according to the Random House Unabridged second edition dictionary there are four ways to pronounce Appalachian and the way we pronounce it is not listed. So that is at least five way to pronounce Appalachian.

teller

Unread post by teller » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:43 am

Searched google with multiple keywords and couldn’t find anything as simple as a boxscore. Only thing I came across was tweets from the hulabowl twitter which had two Chase Bruce mentions of a lost fumble and INT. If some NFL picks him up, I believe we’ll see a bust equivalent to Jimmy Clausen or more recently, Zach Wilson. Hate all you’d like but I just don’t see him having what it takes to be able to be successful at the next level. Also: “do would you like some cheese? …to go with that wine?”

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:46 am

AppWyo wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:57 am
bcoach wrote:
ASU3432Mi wrote:
Starting QB for the blue team in Hula Bowl. Announcer mispronounced Appalachian. How does this keep happening?
It happens because there are two ways to pronounce the WORD. Those who are not familiar do not realize there is only one way to pronounce the NAME.
Actually according to the Random House Unabridged second edition dictionary there are four ways to pronounce Appalachian and the way we pronounce it is not listed. So that is at least five way to pronounce Appalachian.
Doesn’t matter what you call me…just keep calling me

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:01 am

teller wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:43 am
Searched google with multiple keywords and couldn’t find anything as simple as a boxscore. Only thing I came across was tweets from the hulabowl twitter which had two Chase Bruce mentions of a lost fumble and INT. If some NFL picks him up, I believe we’ll see a bust equivalent to Jimmy Clausen or more recently, Zach Wilson. Hate all you’d like but I just don’t see him having what it takes to be able to be successful at the next level. Also: “do would you like some cheese? …to go with that wine?”
Amazing comparison, a number 2 overall draft pick and a 2nd round pick compared to a guy who even if he makes a roster will be an undrafted free agent. Yep, sounds like a similar bust if it happens. :roll: :roll: *sarcasm font selected*
Last edited by AppDub on Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:35 am

How many NFL QB's (mostly the backup and lower tier guys) are ones who even a fairly knowledgeable fan has never really heard of? If I took a quiz of the current NFL QB's as to what college they attended I would probably miss on a whole bunch. Never heard of Brock Purdy. While he might be one of the true exceptions there are certainly plenty of others who spend years bouncing around rosters and make some decent money as backups. Seems a bit harsh to already label Chase as a bust.

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:19 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:35 am
How many NFL QB's (mostly the backup and lower tier guys) are ones who even a fairly knowledgeable fan has never really heard of? If I took a quiz of the current NFL QB's as to what college they attended I would probably miss on a whole bunch. Never heard of Brock Purdy. While he might be one of the true exceptions there are certainly plenty of others who spend years bouncing around rosters and make some decent money as backups. Seems a bit harsh to already label Chase as a bust.

I agree! It’s way too early to label Brice a bust. Heck, APP STATE has built a premier football program/culture with guys that have been told they weren’t good enough for one reason or another! Even if he’s not “good enough” maybe he’d come back as a G.A.. Whatever he does, I’m positive that he’ll advance well beyond “no name” losers calling him a bust before the fact.

teller

Unread post by teller » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:20 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Didn’t know he was drafted as Mr Irrelevant but knew the name. Guess some are oblivious to college football names outside of App State or North Carolina.

teller

Unread post by teller » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:22 am

pop5app wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:19 am
bigdaddyg wrote:
How many NFL QB's (mostly the backup and lower tier guys) are ones who even a fairly knowledgeable fan has never really heard of? If I took a quiz of the current NFL QB's as to what college they attended I would probably miss on a whole bunch. Never heard of Brock Purdy. While he might be one of the true exceptions there are certainly plenty of others who spend years bouncing around rosters and make some :D :D decent money as backups. Seems a bit harsh to already label Chase as a bust.

I agree! It’s way too early to label Brice a bust. Heck, APP STATE has built a premier football program/culture with guys that have been told they weren’t good enough for one reason or another! Even if he’s not “good enough” maybe he’d come back as a G.A.. Whatever he does, I’m positive that he’ll advance well beyond “no name” losers calling him a bust before the fact.
Back at ya buddy ol’ pal! 😂😂😂😂

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:31 am

Doesn’t someone have to be drafted to be a bust? teller, are you saying you think Chase is going to be drafted?

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:59 am

I watch a lot of college football - it is my favorite - when watching NFL games some of the QBs (back-ups who are playing or now starting) I have absolutely never heard of. I have had to look them up to see where they played college football. I had seen Purdy play several times because of Big 12 games and WVU. Chase will have to be somewhat lucky but if he is in the right place at the right time he could absolutely make an NFL roster
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:54 pm

I watch a good bit myself but I don't watch every single team nor do I document every single player. There are guys who go in the first round every year and I have zero idea who they are. I try to appreciate a good or even great college player even if he never plays in the league. Some guys simply don't translate with their skills. Chase has to land a spot on a team before he can fail and become a bust.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:01 pm

In order for Chase to be a "bust" he would have to fail to live up to expectations. I don't think the NFL expectations are through the roof, so I just don't see that happening. For a talented QB to not make a roster, or not stay on a roster is far from being a "bust."

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:18 pm

Personally, I am not sure the expectation is that he will actually make a roster. I believe it will be a surprise if he does. I am a Chase Brice fan for on the field performance and off the field in how he has represented App. St. off the field. Overall, if he does make a roster, he is exceeding expectations. IMO
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:20 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:18 pm
Personally, I am not sure the expectation is that he will actually make a roster. I believe it will be a surprise if he does. I am a Chase Brice fan for on the field performance and off the field in how he has represented App. St. off the field. Overall, if he does make a roster, he is exceeding expectations. IMO
Agree. That's kind of my point. If he makes a roster, he's already exceeded expectations. There's no real "bust" scenario in a case like his.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:54 pm

He would have gotten no attention if he hadn’t come to App. Leave the man alone and let him try. He bleeds more black and gold than some of the past QBs

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:07 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:54 pm
He would have gotten no attention if he hadn’t come to App. Leave the man alone and let him try. He bleeds more black and gold than some of the past QBs
I'm sure he loved his time at Clemson and you can't blame him for taking that gig. He got his big hero moment. Duke was just a bad situation but he really appeared to LOVE App. He busted his tail every game and as far as I'm concerned he's a Mountaineer for life.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:43 pm

Hopefully, my comments above weren't taken as a criticism of Chase Brice. I truly like the guy and I'm proud of the way he has represented App State. I think his chances in the NFL are long (like most of the QBs and athletes trying for that goal) but I'm pulling for him to make it, just like I've pulled for EVERY App alum who takes his shot. Chase (and others who have played for the Apps and represented us well) deserves nothing but respect.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:45 pm

AppWyo wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:57 am
bcoach wrote:
ASU3432Mi wrote:
Well there you go.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”