Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Chase Brice

BambooRdApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Chase Brice

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:12 pm

If it's year round school calendar...the year is continuous..🤣🤣
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:24 pm

Wyo, I can calculate it all four ways. But I'll have to take vacation from work to get it done.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:14 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:07 pm
Stonewall wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:06 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:45 am
Stonewall wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:39 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:41 pm
We won last year without one.
Four and six against FBS competition , two wins against bad FCS teams ....another winning season like that and Coach will be looking for a job .
Last year = 2021 and we didn’t have a 6-6 record because of Chase.
I totally understand blocking out 2022 , I do ... it was a nightmare at times.
It was an amalgamation of a lot of things that were coming. They just all hit at once.
It was mainly Karma. When you go for a money grab like that....life(Karma) is going to smack you around a little.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:40 pm

Dez Bryant likes him

Side note: If Brice ends up getting drafted and does well at the NFL level, that will be awesome. But also really indicative of the coaching staff’s failures last year.

We have no business getting blasted by Texas State with an NFL a caliber QB a on our roster.
YNWA

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:46 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:40 pm
Dez Bryant likes him

Side note: If Brice ends up getting drafted and does well at the NFL level, that will be awesome. But also really indicative of the coaching staff’s failures last year.

We have no business getting blasted by Texas State with an NFL a caliber QB a on our roster.
Right. Because the QB is responsible for keeping them out of the end zone?

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:07 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:46 pm
ah59396 wrote:
Dez Bryant likes him

We had 3 points at the half against Texas state. We scored 0 points the entire second half against JMU. We won 4 FBS games.

If you want defend the offensive coaching position last season, by all means die on that hill.

My point remains, if it turns out we had an NFL caliber QB on this squad, a senior, and only won 4 FBS games, that’s a failure on the coaching staff.
YNWA

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:40 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:07 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
Dez Bryant likes him

We had 3 points at the half against Texas state. We scored 0 points the entire second half against JMU. We won 4 FBS games.

If you want defend the offensive coaching position last season, by all means die on that hill.

My point remains, if it turns out we had an NFL caliber QB on this squad, a senior, and only won 4 FBS games, that’s a failure on the coaching staff.
Bless your heart.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:58 pm

Come on 94 - he can't help it ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:06 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:40 pm
ah59396 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
Dez Bryant likes him

Bless your heart.
No need for snark.

Let’s hear your thoughts on the matter.

Assume he gets drafted and does well in the NFL, he’d be one of a very elite group of college qbs that do. We had the 48th ranked passing offense last season with Brice, and that’s padded by 2 FCS games on the schedule.

You wouldn’t see that as us wasting his talent? Not capitalizing more on it?

I’ve said the same before about Jalen Virgil. He’s an NFL WR. No ifs nor buts. And we threw the ball to him 15 times in his senior year over 12 games.

Call me crazy but we should want our best players making the plays.
YNWA

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:06 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:58 pm
Come on 94 - he can't help it ---
What does that mean?
YNWA

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:08 pm

Michael Jordan was a NBA caliber player for Dean Smith but they didn't win every game either while he was there. We know there were multiple issues across the board last year and that is why SC made numerous moves in the offseason.

I hope Chase Brice becomes a stud in the NFL as that only helps App State in the long run. I also hope all the offseason moves by SC work and we become a D1 stud going forward.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:13 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:08 pm
Michael Jordan was a NBA caliber player for Dean Smith but they didn't win every game either while he was there. We know there were multiple issues across the board last year and that is why SC made numerous moves in the offseason.

I hope Chase Brice becomes a stud in the NFL as that only helps App State in the long run. I also hope all the offseason moves by SC work and we become a D1 stud going forward.
Big difference between “win every game” and “go 6-6”.

I like the moves SC has made. I’m excited to see how they pan out too.

Carolina did go 28-3 Jordan’s last season there though.
YNWA

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:04 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:06 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
Dez Bryant likes him

Bless your heart.
No need for snark.

Assume he gets drafted and does well in the NFL, he’d be one of a very elite group of college qbs that do. We had the 48th ranked passing offense last season with Brice, and that’s padded by 2 FCS games on the schedule.

I’ve said the same before about Jalen Virgil. He’s an NFL WR. No ifs nor buts. And we threw the ball to him 15 times in his senior year over 12 games.

It wasn’t being snarky. We have covered all of these issues before and if you didn’t accept them before, then you aren’t going to accept them now so what’s the point. But here goes.

Your assumption that he makes an NFL roster at all and actually plays is a BIG assumption but Ok. Chase’s wideouts this year we’re not up to the same level of what he had in 2021. Yes Virgil was on a NFL roster this year but let’s not pretend that he did enough to show that he belongs in a conversation with the other three on the 21 team. Virgil had NFL size and speed. That’s what got him on a roster, not his production at App. How many catches did he have this year for Denver?

My point is that we didn’t misuse talent this past season or the previous year. The cause and affect that you draw your conclusions on are laughable. There so many factors that go into results outside of the Xs and Os. Ask any coach and they will tell you, winning is hard. This isn’t the SoCon days where we can just line up and out athlete everyone.

Look at everyone’s favorite whipping boy on this board and ask what happened to Carolina basketball this year. Same coach and they returned four starters and their sixth man from a team that played for the National Title last year and now they may not make the tournament.

Your opinion is based on what you see and what you know. That’s fair. But it’s clear that you don’t know nor see everything you need to see to make an informed opinion.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:07 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:04 pm
ah59396 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

Bless your heart.
No need for snark.

It wasn’t being snarky. We have covered all of these issues before and if you didn’t accept them before, then you aren’t going to accept them now so what’s the point. But here goes.

Your assumption that he makes an NFL roster at all and actually plays is a BIG assumption but Ok. Chase’s wideouts this year we’re not up to the same level of what he had in 2021. Yes Virgil was on a NFL roster this year but let’s not pretend that he did enough to show that he belongs in a conversation with the other three on the 21 team. Virgil had NFL size and speed. That’s what got him on a roster, not his production at App. How many catches did he have this year for Denver?

My point is that we didn’t misuse talent this past season or the previous year. The cause and affect that you draw your conclusions on are laughable. There so many factors that go into results outside of the Xs and Os. Ask any coach and they will tell you, winning is hard. This isn’t the SoCon days where we can just line up and out athlete everyone.

Look at everyone’s favorite whipping boy on this board and ask what happened to Carolina basketball this year. Same coach and they returned four starters and their sixth man from a team that played for the National Title last year and now they may not make the tournament.

Your opinion is based on what you see and what you know. That’s fair. But it’s clear that you don’t know nor see everything you need to see to make an informed opinion.
There’s a beautiful irony in typing all of that out and then calling someone else’s opinion laughable.

Some of y’all on here have a gross misrepresentation of your own opinion as fact. Just because you live on this message board doesn’t make you an authority.

Also hilarious to see you crap on Virgil’s NFL production as a rookie. That tells me all
I need to know.
YNWA

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:51 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:07 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:04 pm
ah59396 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
ah59396 wrote:

Bless your heart.
No need for snark.

There’s a beautiful irony in typing all of that out and then calling someone else’s opinion laughable.

Some of y’all on here have a gross misrepresentation of your own opinion as fact. Just because you live on this message board doesn’t make you an authority.

Also hilarious to see you crap on Virgil’s NFL production as a rookie. That tells me all
I need to know.
Whatever dude. You just want to live in your negative bubble because it makes you feel comfortable. Own the fact that you don’t like Clark and will take every opportunity to crap on him. My opinions are based on what I learn from asking questions of the people that have some actual knowledge of the situation.

I didn’t crap on Virgil as you put it. He was the 4th best WR in an extremely talented group of App St receivers in 2021 and his production was reflective of that. But you do you. And feel free to put me on ignore since you seem to want to engage with those that won’t challenge your point of view. Have a great evening.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:32 pm

We didn’t have the personnel to run our defense in the secondary nor did we get the push from the dline like we did with Meech, and we couldn’t adjust and/or compensate for those deficiencies.

People claiming we don’t see or know enough are pretending this is some mysterious issue.

Now of the offensive side we were stubborn and didn’t spread the field on 4th and 1s and play to our strengths at critical moments in games.

Why do we keep rehashing this?

Get better and let’s get back on track.

And never mistake criticism of someone as not liking them.

I love Clark and hope he’s here for the rest of his career. He’s a Mountaineer and one of us!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:26 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Dez Bryant likes him

I don’t think Brice gets drafted but the fact he and Ahlers are getting media buzz for 5-7 is due to fact so many QBs are taking Covid year.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:38 am

Everyone has an opinion. IMO - OL and DL play were the primary areas where we did not excel. If those play well, covers up deficiencies in other areas to a certain degree. I thought DL would take a step back given turnover on the DL. I was actually surprised by how the OL played. A team is not one person. It is collective accountability coaches, players and other staff (S&C). I commend the AD and coach for making changes versus giving it another year with what we had. With that said, (I hope I am wrong and pleasantly surprised), I believe we are another year from being back to where we want to be in terms of player personnel....and, yes, App. St. goes 1-0 each week!!
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:35 am

QB is probably the most important position on a team and it's hard to win without a good one. The obsession with Chase is crazy. I really can't recall a whole bunch of games over his 2 years that we could have won had he played better. He didn't play defense or special teams. I can't imagine us being in a position to almost beat UNC without his play. Too many "experts " want to focus solely on what he did or didn't do. Watching a game either on TV or even live doesn't give you every dimension that exists on the field. You can't get a true feel for sight lines on plays, missed blocks or routes run incorrectly. Way too much goes on. Who knows if he will get to play at the next level but he was damn good for 2 years.

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:05 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:35 am
QB is probably the most important position on a team and it's hard to win without a good one. The obsession with Chase is crazy. I really can't recall a whole bunch of games over his 2 years that we could have won had he played better. He didn't play defense or special teams. I can't imagine us being in a position to almost beat UNC without his play. Too many "experts " want to focus solely on what he did or didn't do. Watching a game either on TV or even live doesn't give you every dimension that exists on the field. You can't get a true feel for sight lines on plays, missed blocks or routes run incorrectly. Way too much goes on. Who knows if he will get to play at the next level but he was damn good for 2 years.
Best pure qb we've had. Just because he didnt go 13-1 or win a ship doesnt mean he wasnt good. That's like saying Dan Marino isn't as good as Eli Manning because he didnt have the accomplishments...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”