Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Sloan hired for DC

BambooRdApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Sloan hired for DC

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:45 pm

I have no clue whether great hire or not...others on the post have referred to this new DC as great coach, great recruiter. That to me equates to exciting, great hire (on paper anyway) to me.
Good luck to him and his family.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:57 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:17 pm
Yosef10 wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:10 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:59 am
Yosef10 wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:26 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:21 am

Forgive him. He judges what we do based on what that football juggernaut in Greenville does.
No, I’m just not so far up App folks ass that I can see what other schools are doing comparatively and am OK with making some changes. You cry any time a constructive critique is mentioned. Shawn and football ops should hire you as PR.
What you said wasn't constructive critique though. What you said was matter of fact that the staff went through portal window without certain staff in place. That didn't happen.

Instead, you decided to attack the coaches/program because you don't agree with their thought process. A big difference.
Dude, it’s a message board. Thoughts are shared on message boards. That’s all my post was, a thought. You guys are so quick to defend everything App that you take simple questions as attacks. They’re not. If you, the university, or anyone else who had knowledge, cares to share why the hire wasn’t announced for a month, and why to everyone on the outside looking in that we did indeed go the entire transfer portal window without a DC in place, then feel free. But that’s all it was, a question. There’s really no need for you and others to be *so* defensive about the program.
If it was posed as a question, sure. But it wasn't. It was posed as matter of fact statement. If you didn't have a history of complaining about every little thing, I'd give you the benefit of doubt.

Is it a constructive critique or is it a question? Stop moving the goal posts...

Sure, its a message board. Your thoughts are fine on a message board. But so are others. Some people have more knowledge than you.

And I have already explained why Sloan was not announced sooner.
You thinking a post an innocuous as this:

I just don’t get the thought process here, unless Shawn is done with the portal until after spring ball. We went pretty much the entire portal window with no DC and no OL coach.

Is an “attack” tells me everything I need to know about you lol, not worth my time. I do hope you and 94 continue to enjoy your access by being their biggest defenders (even when not needed!) on the message boards.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:00 pm

Yosef10 wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:57 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Yosef10 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
Yosef10 wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:26 am

No, I’m just not so far up App folks ass that I can see what other schools are doing comparatively and am OK with making some changes. You cry any time a constructive critique is mentioned. Shawn and football ops should hire you as PR.
What you said wasn't constructive critique though. What you said was matter of fact that the staff went through portal window without certain staff in place. That didn't happen.

Instead, you decided to attack the coaches/program because you don't agree with their thought process. A big difference.
Dude, it’s a message board. Thoughts are shared on message boards. That’s all my post was, a thought. You guys are so quick to defend everything App that you take simple questions as attacks. They’re not. If you, the university, or anyone else who had knowledge, cares to share why the hire wasn’t announced for a month, and why to everyone on the outside looking in that we did indeed go the entire transfer portal window without a DC in place, then feel free. But that’s all it was, a question. There’s really no need for you and others to be *so* defensive about the program.
If it was posed as a question, sure. But it wasn't. It was posed as matter of fact statement. If you didn't have a history of complaining about every little thing, I'd give you the benefit of doubt.

Is it a constructive critique or is it a question? Stop moving the goal posts...

Sure, its a message board. Your thoughts are fine on a message board. But so are others. Some people have more knowledge than you.

I just don’t get the thought process here, unless Shawn is done with the portal until after spring ball. We went pretty much the entire portal window with no DC and no OL coach.

Is an “attack” tells me everything I need to know about you lol, not worth my time. I do hope you and 94 continue to enjoy your access by being their biggest defenders (even when not needed!) on the message boards.
Again, if you didn't have a history of questioning and complaining about every thing the staff does, I wouldn't think that's an attack. But, with your history it comes off as "this staff is really clueless. They couldn't even hire people in time for transfer portal."

I am not defending anything. I am calling you out for your repeated nonsense.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

ukappfan

Unread post by ukappfan » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:03 pm

Not going to lie I was hoping for some new blood and new perspectives. But we had great a defense when he was here so let’s hope he can come in and fix the secondary.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:09 pm

I really like this hire and am excited about it. He has a lot of checks in the boxes that you want. He knows and lives App culture, has great recruiting presence in GA and SC, great guy, know he fits in with SC, he is a known entity, fits our budget, etc. I am down with this one. I am not sure why you would not be excited. We don't know what will happen with results on the field but I think SC did a great job with this one. Without knowing the details, I don't have to, only the folks in decision process need to know, I only assume there was a very good reason why the announcement was now and not in Dec so I am not going to lose any sleep over it.

Next up OC and I have similar feelings about my check boxes.
Last edited by AtlAppMan on Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:09 pm

Out of curiosity, why wasn't this announced sooner? Not that I'm obligated to be told the exact moment he was hired as I am simply just a fan, but what's the hold up on the news?
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:12 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:00 pm
Yosef10 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
Yosef10 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

Again, if you didn't have a history of questioning and complaining about every thing the staff does, I wouldn't think that's an attack. But, with your history it comes off as "this staff is really clueless. They couldn't even hire people in time for transfer portal."

Lol thanks for proving my point. AppStateNews can’t have anyone “questioning” the staff or he has to man his post as MouthPiece and protect Clark at all costs.

By the way, the only thing you’ll see me “complaining” about, is the constant running up the middle on 3rd and 4th and short. Everything else is simply a conversation, which is the intended use of a message board IMO. But it obviously has a very different meaning for you. Hope Clark gives you a nice pat on the back today!

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:22 pm

Yosef10 wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:12 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Yosef10 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
Yosef10 wrote:

Lol thanks for proving my point. AppStateNews can’t have anyone “questioning” the staff or he has to man his post as MouthPiece and protect Clark at all costs.

By the way, the only thing you’ll see me “complaining” about, is the constant running up the middle on 3rd and 4th and short. Everything else is simply a conversation, which is the intended use of a message board IMO. But it obviously has a very different meaning for you. Hope Clark gives you a nice pat on the back today!
Questioning staff is fine. I've questioned them quite often on here.

The fact you only posted once between November 2021 and October 22 (and that was to find tickets) shows everything we all need to know. You're only one here to be negative.

As far as the up the middle runs (which I agree with), you do realize a large portion of those were supposed to be bounced outside but the d-line got in too quick because of sub-par oline play/pre-snap reads, right? But, I agree, it wasn't working so stop calling it.

And if you're wanting conversation, cool. But if that's what you want, don't discount what people with actual knowledge have to say as "protecting" Clark and staff. If you pose a question (well, for you a statement), expect an answer. If you don't like the answer, sorry, but that's not on anybody but you.
Last edited by AppStateNews on Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tAPPedInSports.net

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:29 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:09 pm
Out of curiosity, why wasn't this announced sooner? Not that I'm obligated to be told the exact moment he was hired as I am simply just a fan, but what's the hold up on the news?
Sounds like part of it was at Sloan’s request, since he was still coaching at Army (and he’s had a history of being burned by early announcements), coupled with administrative procedures within App and the holiday (which sounds like an odd thing).
Give 'em hell!

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:38 pm

BeauFoster wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:29 pm
/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:09 pm
Sounds like part of it was at Sloan’s request, since he was still coaching at Army (and he’s had a history of being burned by early announcements), coupled with administrative procedures within App and the holiday (which sounds like an odd thing).
Understand. Makes sense.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:42 pm

ukappfan wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:03 pm
Not going to lie I was hoping for some new blood and new perspectives. But we had great a defense when he was here so let’s hope he can come in and fix the secondary.
Couldn't have said it better
The Appalachian State

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:32 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:22 pm
Yosef10 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
Yosef10 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

The fact you only posted once between November 2021 and October 22 (and that was to find tickets) shows everything we all need to know. You're only one here to be negative.

As far as the up the middle runs (which I agree with), you do realize a large portion of those were supposed to be bounced outside but the d-line got in too quick because of sub-par oline play/pre-snap reads, right? But, I agree, it wasn't working so stop calling it.

And if you're wanting conversation, cool. But if that's what you want, don't discount what people with actual knowledge have to say as "protecting" Clark and staff. If you pose a question (well, for you a statement), expect an answer. If you don't like the answer, sorry, but that's not on anybody but you.
I’ve posted here one time in the time frame you mentioned because people like you make this board a truly miserable place. Thank you for reinforcing that thought today. Enjoy carrying that water.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:36 pm

Yosef10 wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:32 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Yosef10 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
Yosef10 wrote:

I’ve posted here one time in the time frame you mentioned because people like you make this board a truly miserable place. Thank you for reinforcing that thought today. Enjoy carrying that water.
So people that answer your "questions" make it miserable. Got it!

Thanks for proving you don't want conversation. You simply want to complain and if people don't agree with your theories they must be a PR arm of the program and make it miserable on a message board -- you know, that place that you even said is for discussion. But, I guess that discussion can only happen if they agree with you.

Makes total sense!
tAPPedInSports.net

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:56 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:36 pm
Yosef10 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
Yosef10 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

Thanks for proving you don't want conversation. You simply want to complain and if people don't agree with your theories they must be a PR arm of the program and make it miserable on a message board -- you know, that place that you even said is for discussion. But, I guess that discussion can only happen if they agree with you.

Makes total sense!
There really isn’t any reason to engage this a$$clown. All he does is complain and struggles to comprehend any thought that doesn’t validate his opinion. He isn’t likes on 24/7 on either of App or the ECU board. Hell, his neighbors growing up didn’t like him as a kid.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:03 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:56 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:36 pm
Yosef10 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
Yosef10 wrote:

Makes total sense!
There really isn’t any reason to engage this a$$clown. All he does is complain and struggles to comprehend any thought that doesn’t validate his opinion. He isn’t likes on 24/7 on either of App or the ECU board. Hell, his neighbors growing up didn’t like him as a kid.
Yikes... lets chill on the personal attacks.
tAPPedInSports.net

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:04 pm

Another thought on the wait to hire/announce Sloan as DC. I noticed he was announced as Army's safeties coach on Jan. 7, 2022. The delay could have been due to his contract at Army not ending until Jan. 7 or later of this year. I don't know if that really matters, but it could be part of the explanation.
WE ARE YOSEF!

Hambone09

Unread post by Hambone09 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:46 pm

Sloan seems to be loved by a lot of people on the MTN and off,Has had a lot of success on the field and recruiting. Think we should just trust the process and hope he can bring back our electric defense

KentHogan

Unread post by KentHogan » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:59 pm

Feels like a good hire, only time will tell. I hope he believes in man coverage and pressure, so tired of watching zones and corners who are 10 yards off the line just get torn apart. :)

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:04 pm

Our inability to cover the flats/flares and middle zone was mind numbing. Opposing teams would just repeat the same plays taking chunks, and when we finally adjusted, they'd hit over the top. Of course having a better pass rush would've helped, but Dale just couldn't ever figure it out. Carolina did it first and every team after just repeated it all season. Texas AM was the only team that didn't really go to that well, which I felt was surprising.
The Appalachian State

GrifApp

Unread post by GrifApp » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:15 pm

I like this hire!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”