Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

KeSean Brown Not Happy with APP FB

1ASU78

Re: KeSean Brown Not Happy with APP FB

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:03 pm

MtnMan14 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:00 pm
NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:59 pm
This reminds me of that time I quit my job and they didn’t keep paying me.
Did they at least let you keep your swingline stapler?
Yeaaaaah about that …………

AppSt12
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by AppSt12 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:01 pm

Everything about this situation makes me think this young man is being unreasonable. But...our program is currently failing in all ways. So im not so quick to think we may not have done him wrong. The players hate clark, they are leaving like crazy. Like many of us said back in 2021 after getting slaughtered by Louisiana and Western Kentucky...we are in a tailspin. And it gets worse every single day.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:29 pm

AppSt12 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:01 pm
Everything about this situation makes me think this young man is being unreasonable. But...our program is currently failing in all ways. So im not so quick to think we may not have done him wrong. The players hate clark, they are leaving like crazy. Like many of us said back in 2021 after getting slaughtered by Louisiana and Western Kentucky...we are in a tailspin. And it gets worse every single day.
Wrong. The players love Clark. We have lost less than the average and I think only GaSo has less transfers than us in conference....
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:21 am

I don't see any evidence that players are jumping ship or that they "hate clark".Nor are we failing "in all ways".I am not happy about the past season or two ,[and I give a lot of money so I pay attention} , you have to back up those accusations.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:30 am

I'm not in the Lollipop Guild, but I see NO evidence that the players hate Clark. In fact, I see the opposite, as we have had very few players leave the program to go into the transfer portal.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:10 am

AppSt12 wrote:
Please let us all know which players are leaving like crazy? Sure we had some guys enter the portal, but none were going to be starters next year so they are trying to get more playing time, that is expected in this day and age. The fact that so few left shows that you are entirely incorrect about how the players feel about Coach Clark. I was really worried when the portal opened because so many on here claim that players were not happy and would there would be a mass exodus. When that didn't happen, I realized that they don't know what they are speaking about. Also, please illuminate us about how the program is currently failing in all ways. Sure, the wins are not there as accustomed but we just had our best ever recruiting class and our kids continue to thrive in the classroom and graduate. Where are the failures in all ways?

Wally

Unread post by Wally » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:29 am

AppSt12 wrote:
I mean, I don't see this "tailspin" either. UL was built over several seasons to beat us, and they found all the right magic for 2021. WKU beat our brains in but they had the most prolific passing attack of anyone that season and we were barely healthy enough to field a defensive backfield. We weren't too bad in that game either with over 600 yards in offense, it was the 4 turnovers that really sank us.

In 2022, we were only a handful of plays and/or calls away from being 10-2 or better. 2-point conversion drop against UNC, a terrible interference call against JMU, freakin' blocked punt against Marshall, a missed chip shot field goal against GaSouthern. If the rest of the conference sleeps on us because they think we are in a tailspin then 2023 could be a special year.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:04 pm

Wally wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:29 am
AppSt12 wrote:
I mean, I don't see this "tailspin" either. UL was built over several seasons to beat us, and they found all the right magic for 2021. WKU beat our brains in but they had the most prolific passing attack of anyone that season and we were barely healthy enough to field a defensive backfield. We weren't too bad in that game either with over 600 yards in offense, it was the 4 turnovers that really sank us.

In 2022, we were only a handful of plays and/or calls away from being 10-2 or better. 2-point conversion drop against UNC, a terrible interference call against JMU, freakin' blocked punt against Marshall, a missed chip shot field goal against GaSouthern. If the rest of the conference sleeps on us because they think we are in a tailspin then 2023 could be a special year.
WKU has also beaten the brakes off of a lot of teams. It's not like they are some garbage program that never wins. IDK why so many people were upset about that game. Yes, it was our first bowl loss, but it wasn't a bad loss at all.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:34 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:10 am
AppSt12 wrote:
Please let us all know which players are leaving like crazy? Sure we had some guys enter the portal, but none were going to be starters next year so they are trying to get more playing time, that is expected in this day and age. The fact that so few left shows that you are entirely incorrect about how the players feel about Coach Clark. I was really worried when the portal opened because so many on here claim that players were not happy and would there would be a mass exodus. When that didn't happen, I realized that they don't know what they are speaking about. Also, please illuminate us about how the program is currently failing in all ways. Sure, the wins are not there as accustomed but we just had our best ever recruiting class and our kids continue to thrive in the classroom and graduate. Where are the failures in all ways?
I think we see a few more leave but a mass exodus of stars was never going to happen when it comes to key players. If we had lost 15 or more I would have figured they are all looking for more time or asked to leave. I don’t see stars leaving though.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:13 pm

Although I hope not, as I like to see all players stay that are good stewards of the university, there will be players that leave after spring ball if lower on depth chart. This will happen whether App. St. or ABC University. It is the day and age of college football.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:46 pm

Players don't hate Clark; if it were so, wouldn't we have seen a bunch of starters in the TP?

I wish Brown the best in Huntington. We'll see him soon enough.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”