Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

KeSean Brown Not Happy with APP FB

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Re: KeSean Brown Not Happy with APP FB

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:10 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:02 pm
EastHallApp wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:37 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:27 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:24 am
MrCraig wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:57 am

If this is really the case, why is he seemingly so mad about it? Did he not realize that the scholarship was in exchange for his playing football? This thing is so weird to me.
Brown should know that his free education was for playing football. He could not have really expected App to pay that expense this spring while he is not on the roster.
Again, they did not pull his scholarship for spring semester. His scholarship (as with all athletic scholarships) was for the entire academic school year.

They pulled it for next year. He chose to leave for spring semester.
My understanding is that the staff wanted him to return for next year until he chose to enter the portal. He could have returned next year, on scholarship, but he chose not to.
He was welcome to maintain on the team for next year. When he chose to not do so, they pulled his scholarship.
So basically, he “stripped” himself of a scholarship.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:11 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:

If this is really the case, why is he seemingly so mad about it? Did he not realize that the scholarship was in exchange for his playing football? This thing is so weird to me.
Brown should know that his free education was for playing football. He could not have really expected App to pay that expense this spring while he is not on the roster.
Again, they did not pull his scholarship for spring semester. His scholarship (as with all athletic scholarships) was for the entire academic school year.

My understanding is that the staff wanted him to return for next year until he chose to enter the portal. He could have returned next year, on scholarship, but he chose not to.
He was welcome to maintain on the team for next year. When he chose to not do so, they pulled his scholarship.
I would say that sounds like a "you can't fire me because I quit" situation - or I guess "you can't quit, you're fired" in this case - but I've seen the less mysterious explanation of the situation now, so it makes sense.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:13 pm

I edited my last post. They outlined a plan for him to retain the scholarship. He declined to follow said plan. Scholarship was stripped for next year. He could have maintained spring but chose not to.

So, yes, he stripped himself of the scholarship.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:50 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:16 pm
He wasn't at App four years. He played four football seasons. He was here 3.5 years. He's saying App pulled his scholarship for that final semester because he announced his plans to go elsewhere for grad school and his covid bonus season.

That's what I have heard from several different sources.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:49 pm

hapapp wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:50 pm
EastHallApp wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:

I have heard that as well but I don’t get why he would be upset by that. There has to be more to it. It makes zero sense for us to want him back and he decide he wants to enter portal but gets upset at us claiming we took his scholarship. Based on that story he was the one who declined the scholarship for next year.

MtnMan14

Unread post by MtnMan14 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:51 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:49 pm
hapapp wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

I have heard that as well but I don’t get why he would be upset by that. There has to be more to it. It makes zero sense for us to want him back and he decide he wants to enter portal but gets upset at us claiming we took his scholarship. Based on that story he was the one who declined the scholarship for next year.
It’s a “woe is me” world. People are always looking to be the “victim”. Getting way more support on Twitter from his story than he would from “App actually had expectations I had to meet and I didn’t want to so I quit”

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:59 pm

MtnMan14 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:51 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
hapapp wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

It’s a “woe is me” world. People are always looking to be the “victim”. Getting way more support on Twitter from his story than he would from “App actually had expectations I had to meet and I didn’t want to so I quit”
My point is that he had to enter the portal. Read what AppStateNews said. He said we pulled his scholarship for 2023. Our coaches told him he was not welcomed back for next year, for whatever reason, he got mad, and decided to enter portal now rather than wait until after he graduated, which makes sense he would because why stick around when he can get a jump on his new team and be there for the spring. Some are saying he was wanted back for 2023 and I don’t believe that to be the case. Him being told he was not welcome back would be good reason for him to be mad. He wouldn’t be mad and accuse us of pulling his scholarship if he chose to leave on his own and we wanted him back.

My theory is that he did something but people in the building take the high road and won’t throw him under the bus for it. I have doubts about some things Shawn has done but one thing I don’t doubt is the fact he is a good man who takes the high road.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MtnMan14

Unread post by MtnMan14 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:00 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:59 pm
MtnMan14 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
hapapp wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:

My point is that he had to enter the portal. Read what AppStateNews said. He said we pulled his scholarship for 2023. Our coaches told him he was not welcomed back for next year, for whatever reason, he got mad, and decided to enter portal now rather than wait until after he graduated, which makes sense he would because why stick around when he can get a jump on his new team and be there for the spring. Some are saying he was wanted back for 2023 and I don’t believe that to be the case. Him being told he was not welcome back would be good reason for him to be mad. He wouldn’t be mad and accuse us of pulling his scholarship if he chose to leave on his own and we wanted him back.
Appstatenews said there was a plan outlined for him to return next year and he declined so he hit the portal.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:22 pm

MtnMan14 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:00 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:59 pm
MtnMan14 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
hapapp wrote:

Appstatenews said there was a plan outlined for him to return next year and he declined so he hit the portal.
Exactly. They outlined a plan for him. It included several things including academics, weight room, playbook studies, etc. He didn't agree to said plan for whatever reason (I have my ideas but are only ideas and not confirmed so I won't share) so staff pulled the scholarship for next year.

**Edited to add** Brown went in to the meeting informing staff he was interested in testing the waters of the portal. So, his intention was to transfer any way. The staff basically said "we want you back, but this is what you'll have to do." Brown rejected the plan.

Every player has a plan laid out for them to retain their scholarship for the next year when they do end of year interviews.
Last edited by AppStateNews on Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tAPPedInSports.net

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:23 pm

MtnMan14 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
hapapp wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

Agreed. I’d say it’s pretty clear his version of the story isn’t the whole truth.

Character always shines through, and honestly at this point, he went out of his way to bad mouth the coaches and our program…. Goodbye, and good riddance. Probably a case of addition by subtraction.

GO APPS!!

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:32 pm

appstate24 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:23 pm
MtnMan14 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
hapapp wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:

Agreed. I’d say it’s pretty clear his version of the story isn’t the whole truth.

Character always shines through, and honestly at this point, he went out of his way to bad mouth the coaches and our program…. Goodbye, and good riddance. Probably a case of addition by subtraction.

GO APPS!!
The way he put the entire program under the bus just confirms he wasn't ready to take the next step the staff wanted him to take. It's a shame, but if he's not all in, next man up.
tAPPedInSports.net

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:59 pm

This reminds me of that time I quit my job and they didn’t keep paying me.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:36 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:

He was given a plan to maintain on the team and scholarship for next year. When he chose to not accept the plan outlined, they pulled his scholarship.
That is on him then. He can’t get mad for this but when a player needs to make changes they typically don’t see that they are causing issues. We will see what happens with Marshall.

MtnMan14

Unread post by MtnMan14 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:00 pm

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:59 pm
Did they at least let you keep your swingline stapler?

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:06 pm

MtnMan14 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:00 pm
“I said no salt, no salt”

IM4ASU

Unread post by IM4ASU » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:17 pm

MtnMan14 wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:00 pm
I did keep my 'red' Swingline stapler and I'm proud of it. My boss picked it up but I ended up getting it back!

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:44 pm

Someone said that there are always two sides to the story. I like the one that says there are often 3 sides- yours, mine and the truth. In this case sounds like the young man was indeed given a plan, got swept up in the delusion aspect of the portal and expected for the staff to change the plan. Good luck to you.

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:35 pm

:lol:

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:38 pm

This is an embarrassing thread
YNWA

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:37 pm

All of our threads become embarrassing 😳