Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

KeSean Brown Not Happy with APP FB

asugoapps

KeSean Brown Not Happy with APP FB

Unread post by asugoapps » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:41 pm

What happened to make him leave and transfer to Marshall. Looks like it’s going to be an interesting homecoming for him.

KeSean Brown
@Kaptin_k_2
Stripped me of my scholarship so I couldn't finish my degree and enter the portal as a grad transfer, its ok though I found an amazing program to call home' #thunderingherd .So make sure you're ready to see me again under different circumstances'
#WeAreMarshall

KESEAN BROWN
COMMITTED
LINEBACKER

AppStateNews
School: Appalachian State

Re: KeSean Brown Not Happy with APP FB

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:49 pm

asugoapps wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:41 pm
What happened to make him leave and transfer to Marshall. Looks like it’s going to be an interesting homecoming for him.

KeSean Brown
@Kaptin_k_2
Stripped me of my scholarship so I couldn't finish my degree and enter the portal as a grad transfer, its ok though I found an amazing program to call home' #thunderingherd .So make sure you're ready to see me again under different circumstances'
#WeAreMarshall

KESEAN BROWN
COMMITTED
LINEBACKER
Exactly what he said. He was told his scholarship would not be renewed. There are various reasons that would happen.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:49 pm

asugoapps wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:41 pm

KeSean Brown
@Kaptin_k_2
#WeAreMarshall

KESEAN BROWN
COMMITTED
LINEBACKER
I literally just saw this on Twitter and gravitated over here to see what folks have to say. He def sounds bitter
The Appalachian State

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:54 pm

My guess, and it is purely a guess, is that he was told that his scholarship wouldn’t be renewed. He was likely offered the opportunity to continue playing and complete his education but he would not be on scholarship. It sounds bad, but the reality is that he wasn’t denied an educational opportunity. He chose to leave rather than paying for his education.

There were a couple of guys that are returning next year that were on scholarship this year that won’t be next year. Their choice. I have no knowledge of Brown’s socio-economic ability to pay for school and I can understand wanting a scholarship. But he was offered an opportunity to remain at App but not on scholarship. He chose to leave.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:14 pm

How many years has he been at App under scholarship? Anybody know?

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:15 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:14 pm
He was a 2019 signee. So, 4 years. 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022.
tAPPedInSports.net

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:19 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:15 pm
AtlAppMan wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:14 pm
He was a 2019 signee. So, 4 years. 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022.
If you can’t graduate in 4 years with all the help athletes get and extra summer semesters for 4 years, I can’t blame the staff. Just hope whoever fills his role is better and it doesn’t backfire, i don’t think it will at all.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:22 pm

Perhaps, he indicated he wanted to finish his degree so he could enter the transfer portal as a grad transfer. I'm guessing, if this is true, when he expressed an intent to go elsewhere, his scholarship was pulled. If he had wanted to stay, I assume he would have remained on scholarship. I'm also guessing, once in the portal, you are no longer a part of this program and there's no coming back.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:27 pm

Here’s the tweet. Wish I could hear both sides of the story and circumstances surrounding the decisions made.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:35 pm

hapapp wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:22 pm
Perhaps, he indicated he wanted to finish his degree so he could enter the transfer portal as a grad transfer. I'm guessing, if this is true, when he expressed an intent to go elsewhere, his scholarship was pulled. If he had wanted to stay, I assume he would have remained on scholarship. I'm also guessing, once in the portal, you are no longer a part of this program and there's no coming back.

So what happens when we have a kid like a Mccall, or a stewart (dline coastal) that enters portal and gets offered by Michigan or Florida, and then has a change of heart or for some reason not allowed to transfer to said school. Do we let him back? I hope so lol. Every situation is different, we just haven’t had a player be highly sought after yet, but that day is coming, and it’s going to suck. I’m torn on whether to let them back or not. We shall see!

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:38 pm

My assumptions:
1.) Brown has been at App for 4 years and hadn’t graduated yet (mentioned above, but if you’re at App for 4 years as a full time student, and you have to be on campus during the summer anyway, why haven’t you graduated in 4 years??)
2.) There are only so many scholarships to go around, and all the extra Covid years allowing players to stay longer probably caused some logjams.
3.) Recruits/transfers that are coming in are better. So, they told him he was off scholarship.

I hope Marshall wins every game they play this year, Kesean Brown has a great season, and then gets handed a big fat L from App State.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:44 pm

I hope Marsha wins very few games..each and every year.🤣🤣
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:51 pm

If he goes and balls out at Marshall, then he didn’t really give his all here. I wish him good health, but I will stop at that.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:16 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:54 pm
It sounds bad, but the reality is that he wasn’t denied an educational opportunity. He chose to leave rather than paying for his education.

I have no knowledge of Brown’s socio-economic ability to pay for school and I can understand wanting a scholarship
These two sentences are incompatible.

Without knowledge of his family's ability to pay, it's impossible to say whether he was or was not denied an educational opportunity.

And I don't like the academic shaming going on here. Student athletes go at different speeds for their education. Maybe he changed his major or was undecided for a while? Plus a year-ish of his four years was during COVID and virtual learning.

Worst thing is that besides message board sources, we're not going to get any answers because Clark won't (and probably should) talk about it. And I doubt he's asked about it in a press conference setting.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:21 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:16 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
It sounds bad, but the reality is that he wasn’t denied an educational opportunity. He chose to leave rather than paying for his education.

I have no knowledge of Brown’s socio-economic ability to pay for school and I can understand wanting a scholarship

Without knowledge of his family's ability to pay, it's impossible to say whether he was or was not denied an educational opportunity.

And I don't like the academic shaming going on here. Student athletes go at different speeds for their education. Maybe he changed his major or was undecided for a while? Plus a year-ish of his four years was during COVID and virtual learning.

Worst thing is that besides message board sources, we're not going to get any answers because Clark won't (and probably should) talk about it. And I doubt he's asked about it in a press conference setting.
So you are unsettled by “academic shaming”? Got it. All others are OK. Thanks for setting that boundary.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:22 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Why should he talk about it? There are several reasons a players scholarship is not renewed.

Regardless of the reason, it needs to stay in the locker room. You do not put a players business out there. That's a recipe to get your players to not trust you.
tAPPedInSports.net

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:22 pm

If you enter the Portal then you have left the team , and your scholarship , behind.So is that the timing in this case ?

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:41 pm

There is a high road and we should walk it.
WE ARE YOSEF!

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:12 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:21 pm
T-Dog wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

So you are unsettled by “academic shaming”? Got it. All others are OK. Thanks for setting that boundary.
Wonder why you couldn’t just take the statement for what was said. No reason to change the subject about other shaming! No need to be a smart guy about things.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:19 pm

pop5app wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:12 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:21 pm
T-Dog wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

Wonder why you couldn’t just take the statement for what was said. No reason to change the subject about other shaming! No need to be a smart guy about things.
He quoted me and inserted the term shaming to imply that it was happening and that I was doing it, which I was not.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”