Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Just another recruiting discussion

Cro-Magnon App
School: Appalachian State

Re: Just another recruiting discussion

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:02 pm

Maybe the little Colorado back played 8 man football.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:35 pm

And in other news...the longer McCall stays in the TP, the more likely it is he stays in Conway.
Maybe he'll dual enroll at CCU and Horry County CC to help make up the deficit in his coursework.

All kidding aside...if McCall had ended up at App, would he have been able to handle the academics?

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:00 pm

Wake could use him now that Hartman leaving

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:13 pm

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:00 pm
Wake could use him now that Hartman leaving
I thought he'd be a good fit in the Clawfense all along, before his academic prowess became known. The Wake academics are supposedly a little more challenging than at Coastal and Auburn? I don't have any good ideas since his academics appear to be like mine were.
BLACK SATURDAY

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:32 pm

Bootsy wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:35 pm
And in other news...the longer McCall stays in the TP, the more likely it is he stays in Conway.
Maybe he'll dual enroll at CCU and Horry County CC to help make up the deficit in his coursework.

All kidding aside...if McCall had ended up at App, would he have been able to handle the academics?
Yes, App aint Dook. It is EXTREMELY hard to fail as an athlete with all the help we received. Tutors, directed majors, study hall, first pick at classes, good time slots for classes around athletic schedules...the list goes on. With all that being said, if you dont show up to class, it can become difficult. You show up, you pass.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:01 pm

311neers wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:32 pm
Bootsy wrote:

Yes, App aint Dook. It is EXTREMELY hard to fail as an athlete with all the help we received. Tutors, directed majors, study hall, first pick at classes, good time slots for classes around athletic schedules...the list goes on. With all that being said, if you dont show up to class, it can become difficult. You show up, you pass.
Dook is known to be "hard to get in...easy to stay in"... maybe there is not much difference than some think.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:40 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:01 pm
311neers wrote:
Bootsy wrote:

Dook is known to be "hard to get in...easy to stay in"... maybe there is not much difference than some think.
I always wondered how hard the classes are at those academic elite colleges.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:12 pm

AppWyo wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:40 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
311neers wrote:
Bootsy wrote:

I only had one friend who went to an “elite” college, and he went to Georgia Tech. That being said, what he was doing in school was a LOT harder than what I was doing. Tougher coursework, less time to complete assignments, fewer academic supports, etc.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:41 pm

How the hell did he know, If you don't walk in another's shoes
BLACK SATURDAY

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:43 pm

I've never heard that Duke was easy to stay in. I've heard that about UNC...hard to get in but easy to stay, but I heard that mostly from NCSU alums, so the source is a bit biased. I have worked with plenty of UNC alums and haven't had issues with them in the workplace. Everything I know about Wake indicates that their programs are very rigorous. Of course, most of my first hand experience working with alums was based on accounting degrees so it's a limited population (Duke isn't big in that area). All I know is that I believe that I was a well prepared with my App State degree as alums from any program in NC.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:32 pm

Not recruiting but this thread took a turn.

My youngest daughter "15" has plans to be a speech pathologist at AppState. (who knows if she will make it) but I have talked and known several speech pathologist from AppState. We have a great program. It is easy to get into our undergraduate program but VERY hard to get in our master's program and you need a master's in Speech Pathology to make money. (My understanding from conversations...no expert on the matter) What I am told is the admission to the master's program relies on the GRE score and our graduates are getting knocked out by other school's graduates. I am sure there will be different points of view of this next statement, but I would like to see App give preference to our own graduates before filling spots with other school graduates. Keep the money in the family.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:49 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:32 pm

My youngest daughter "15" has plans to be a speech pathologist at AppState. (who knows if she will make it) but I have talked and known several speech pathologist from AppState. We have a great program. It is easy to get into our undergraduate program but VERY hard to get in our master's program and you need a master's in Speech Pathology to make money. (My understanding from conversations...no expert on the matter) What I am told is the admission to the master's program relies on the GRE score and our graduates are getting knocked out by other school's graduates. I am sure there will be different points of view of this next statement, but I would like to see App give preference to our own graduates before filling spots with other school graduates. Keep the money in the family.
I agree , if there is a rating system , perhaps an extra point or three for our own.Have you shared your thoughts ? bot@appstate.edu I believe.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:31 pm

AppWyo wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:40 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
311neers wrote:
Bootsy wrote:

My oldest went to Dartmouth (07-11) and the class work was light years harder than anything I would have imagined. Prior to her entry, I just assumed all colleges were essentially the same but I was entirely wrong in that assumption. The stuff she was doing as a freshman was just insane. At least at the Ivys there is a big difference.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:30 pm

I made more money than the Duke MBA and The Harvard undergrad/Law grad while working at BofA in my area with a BS in Social Studies. Clearly how hard the work is is not a guarantee of success…..(with a wink) I think the social interaction at Antlers and The Library Club was better preparation for my career. Ivys be damned.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:07 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:30 pm
I made more money than the Duke MBA and The Harvard undergrad/Law grad while working at BofA in my area with a BS in Social Studies. Clearly how hard the work is is not a guarantee of success…..(with a wink) I think the social interaction at Antlers and The Library Club was better preparation for my career. Ivys be damned.
Wow, hope in 23. We agree again.

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:19 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Yes! I worked very hard to be a good student in all the work I put in at The Library Club and Antlers. I passed both with flying colors. Some of my best course work was done during the Do a little dance, make a little love get down tonight section of the class.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:23 pm

1ASU78 wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:19 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Yes! I worked very hard to be a good student in all the work I put in at The Library Club and Antlers. I passed both with flying colors. Some of my best course work was done during the Do a little dance, make a little love get down tonight section of the class.
AND I never overpaid for Busch or Schlitz…

AZAppGrad

Unread post by AZAppGrad » Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:38 pm

I loved my time at The Library Club and Antlers. I know I must have had a lot of good times there…. Just wish I could remember them. Those dang Schlitz Tall Boys…

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:29 pm

spacemonkey wrote:

Spacemonkey, just PM'ed you about SLP.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:42 pm

Bootsy wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:29 pm
spacemonkey wrote:

Spacemonkey, just PM'ed you about SLP.
Thanks Bootsy. Good informtation. I will pass it on to my daughter.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”