Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

ESPN Gameday Was Right

NoLongerLurking
School: Appalachian State

ESPN Gameday Was Right

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:30 pm

Congrats to the Trojans! ESPN was right in coming to Boone to see the future Sunbelt champs play an impressive game.

Thanks for beating the mulleted fools.

AppState89

Re: ESPN Gameday Was Right

Unread post by AppState89 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:59 pm

After watching CCU's last two games, just don't understand how they beat us. They look horrible.
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:55 pm

AppState89 wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:59 pm
After watching CCU's last two games, just don't understand how they beat us. They look horrible.
It is pretty simple, Jamie Chadwell used up his team in the win against Appalachian which led to his downfall against JMU and Troy.

I mean look at this, App barely lost to two teams and barely beat two teams in the first four weeks of the season. Two of those teams played in their conference championship games this weekend (It really should have been JMU not CCU in the Sun Belt Championship Game). I just do not see how anyone can say that Appalachian is a bad team that can do that. I just seems that App used up its players in the first four weeks of the season. ODU, JMU, and Troy proved just what frauds Coastal was this season. Some may say that App was a fraud, but you do not Beat Texas A&M and play everyone as close as App has this season. This season has not lived up to expectations in some regards, but at the end of the season all anyone will remember is the win at Texas A&M, the Troy Hail Mary, and College Game Day. I mean heck all they could mention about Troy in the championship game is their loss to App.

App is much better at storming the field than so many other colleges I have seen this season. It is because we are used to winning, because we are winners; I believed that we were not whinners, but I have been proved wrong lately.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:06 pm

AppWyo wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:55 pm
AppState89 wrote:
It is pretty simple, Jamie Chadwell used up his team in the win against Appalachian which led to his downfall against JMU and Troy.

I mean look at this, App barely lost to two teams and barely beat two teams in the first four weeks of the season. Two of those teams played in their conference championship games this weekend (It really should have been JMU not CCU in the Sun Belt Championship Game). I just do not see how anyone can say that Appalachian is a bad team that can do that. I just seems that App used up its players in the first four weeks of the season. ODU, JMU, and Troy proved just what frauds Coastal was this season. Some may say that App was a fraud, but you do not Beat Texas A&M and play everyone as close as App has this season. This season has not lived up to expectations in some regards, but at the end of the season all anyone will remember is the win at Texas A&M, the Troy Hail Mary, and College Game Day. I mean heck all they could mention about Troy in the championship game is their loss to App.

App is much better at storming the field than so many other colleges I have seen this season. It is because we are used to winning, because we are winners; I believed that we were not whinners, but I have been proved wrong lately.
I have friends/relatives all over the country - they have become App fans over the years and I can guarantee you not a one of them could tell me what App's record was this year - they remember beating Texas A&M, and most importantly College Game Day in Boone. So many contacted me after GameDay to say how great it was - I would also say most think we are going to a bowl game because all of our bowl tie-ins most have never heard of or even know where they are being played. Yes, we all know this season was a down year and not what we expected but our nationwide fans who have other teams as their #1 are still App fans ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:34 pm

AppWyo wrote:
AppState89 wrote:

Dude............YES!!!!!

This App team burned hot and fast early and then didn't get "lucky" or "capitalize" at times that really mattered over the rest of the season. If you think about it had 5 tackles been made over 5 games we beat UNC, JMU, Coastal, GSU & Marshal.

In a couple years I think we'll remember the highs from this season rather than the lows.

And lastly there are some really talented freshman and sophomores that got good playing time as the season drug on...Arnolt, Hagler, Marshal, OL, DaShaun Davis, Kanye...We've got what it takes to win. Give them time.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:32 am

AppWyo wrote:
AppState89 wrote:

App was not a “bad” team this year, just not a good team. There is a difference.

All the comments on what woulda/coulda been because of a few plays here are there are true but the difference is the the really good teams perform consistently better (playing and coaching) in all facets and create a wider margin of error so a play or call here or there doesn’t cost you the game.

We have been there in the past and just need to get back there.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:54 am

AtlAppMan wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:32 am
AppWyo wrote:
AppState89 wrote:

App was not a “bad” team this year, just not a good team. There is a difference.

All the comments on what woulda/coulda been because of a few plays here are there are true but the difference is the the really good teams perform consistently better (playing and coaching) in all facets and create a wider margin of error so a play or call here or there doesn’t cost you the game.

We have been there in the past and just need to get back there.
You are so correct. There were several games that a play here or there changed the game for us. Just bad breaks. If those would have gone our way, we would have won at least 3 if not 4 more games.
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:21 am

I’d also put Ethan Johnson and Omari Philyaw among the players who have a bright future for us.

Captain Morgan

Unread post by Captain Morgan » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:37 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:06 pm
AppWyo wrote:
AppState89 wrote:

I have friends/relatives all over the country - they have become App fans over the years and I can guarantee you not a one of them could tell me what App's record was this year - they remember beating Texas A&M, and most importantly College Game Day in Boone. So many contacted me after GameDay to say how great it was - I would also say most think we are going to a bowl game because all of our bowl tie-ins most have never heard of or even know where they are being played. Yes, we all know this season was a down year and not what we expected but our nationwide fans who have other teams as their #1 are still App fans ---
further proof that outside of North Carolina (and other Sun Belt teams), other college fans like App football and pull for us.

appstate5

Unread post by appstate5 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:11 pm

Looking at the bowl projections today really has me hurting. The big four from the ACC all got bowls, good job Duke for having a good season after Cutcliffe. But to see Coastal, Marshall, ECU, Liberty and gulp Ga Southern all get bowls just stings.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:16 pm

appstate5 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:11 pm
Looking at the bowl projections today really has me hurting. The big four from the ACC all got bowls, good job Duke for having a good season after Cutcliffe. But to see Coastal, Marshall, ECU, Liberty and gulp Ga Southern all get bowls just stings.
After being bowl eligible every year we qualified, it does seem strange not anticipating this day.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:28 pm

5-7 Rice in the Lending Tree Bowl vs USM.
WE ARE YOSEF!

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:26 pm

Troy got a really nice bowl match up.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:59 pm

My neighbor is a big ECU fan. We agreed that they got a crappy bowl to include location and opponent. I asked what does a team do for several days in late December in Montgomery? He said he went to a game there before. Answer- nothing.

RankinApp

Unread post by RankinApp » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:09 pm

I'd still rather be doing nothing in Montgomery against the Pirates than sitting on the couch all of December.

Even after the whuppin' we took from WKU last year, being one of the teams left out is a bummer. Not going to a bowl sucks..

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:15 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:59 pm
My neighbor is a big ECU fan. We agreed that they got a crappy bowl to include location and opponent. I asked what does a team do for several days in late December in Montgomery? He said he went to a game there before. Answer- nothing.
They're playing in Birmingham.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:17 pm

hapapp wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:15 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:59 pm
They're playing in Birmingham.
Stand corrected

AppSt12

Unread post by AppSt12 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:33 pm

Why is that during the last 7 years when we went 11-3, 10-3, 9-4, 11-2, 13-1, 9-3 and 10-4....we got stuck playing MAC and CUSA teams...and we were told nothing could be done because of sun belt bowl agreements.

Then a 6-6 Louisana team gets to play Houston and a coastal fresh off 2 slaughters and an early season loss to Old Dominion gets ECU.

What is happening?

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:44 pm

Coastal just named Tim Beck Head coach, great hire, we will see if he HC material.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:52 pm

AppSt12 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:33 pm
Why is that during the last 7 years when we went 11-3, 10-3, 9-4, 11-2, 13-1, 9-3 and 10-4....we got stuck playing MAC and CUSA teams...and we were told nothing could be done because of sun belt bowl agreements.

Then a 6-6 Louisana team gets to play Houston and a coastal fresh off 2 slaughters and an early season loss to Old Dominion gets ECU.

What is happening?
I am going to pretend that we won the ESPN College Game Day Bowl in September against the 2022 Sun Belt Champions.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”