Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Possible transfer situations

Woodstovegang
School: Appalachian State

Re: Possible transfer situations

Unread post by Woodstovegang » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:06 pm

Correct me IF I'm wrong; but when the ball snaps, tipped off, pitched; who cares what the other university is about. It about sports which as the olympic's states is sport not politics or religion. Sunbelt missed out on a regional competitor with $ and talent.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:15 pm

Woodstovegang wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:06 pm
Correct me IF I'm wrong; but when the ball snaps, tipped off, pitched; who cares what the other university is about. It about sports which as the olympic's states is sport not politics or religion. Sunbelt missed out on a regional competitor with $ and talent.
On the field, sure. But in the stands, media, support, etc, no.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:00 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:43 pm
The issue with Liberty compared to Sun Belt schools that chancellors and presidents have is the mission. Liberty wants to be the Notre Dame of Evangelicals and spread their interpretation of the Bible. All the Belt schools are regional, public institutions who have to be good stewards of public funds. It made no sense to have Liberty in the Belt based on the differing missions.

Take away the Falwell nonsense, the Title IX stuff is plenty reason enough to keep Liberty out of your league. Add on Ian McCaw and it's even worse.
So if Notre Dame asks to join the Belt, do we turn them down due to their differing mission. Just asking in case they decide they no longer want to be independent. I got to think the Sunbelt would be in play if that happened. :D

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:05 pm

T-Dog wrote:
The issue with Liberty compared to Sun Belt schools that chancellors and presidents have is the mission. Liberty wants to be the Notre Dame of Evangelicals and spread their interpretation of the Bible. All the Belt schools are regional, public institutions who have to be good stewards of public funds. It made no sense to have Liberty in the Belt based on the differing missions.

Take away the Falwell nonsense, the Title IX stuff is plenty reason enough to keep Liberty out of your league. Add on Ian McCaw and it's even worse.
You make an interesting point. It’s also interesting to stand on the title IX argument as I watched a dude dominate women in swimming last year and was awarded the “female” athlete of the year. As I’m told that’s what equality in women’s sports is. Im not a defender of Liberty but the bizarre obsession with them is just that…bizarre

BayouApp

Unread post by BayouApp » Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:11 pm

AppDub wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:00 pm
T-Dog wrote:

So if Notre Dame asks to join the Belt, do we turn them down due to their differing mission. Just asking in case they decide they no longer want to be independent. I got to think the Sunbelt would be in play if that happened. :D
Touche'

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:19 pm

No matter what they ever do, and I think they will do big things, they will never be a Notre Dame.

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:33 pm

bcoach wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:19 pm
No matter what they ever do, and I think they will do big things, they will never be a Notre Dame.
Nah, they’ll do better than 8-4 each year. Notre dame are frauds living off the 1900s. (half kidding, just dogging notre dame)

yosef95

Unread post by yosef95 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:45 pm

I'm fine with the transfer portal, but wish it at least kept players from transferring within a conf. It kinda goes against the spirit of competition, rivalries etc. Not to mention insider info on the coaches, team, playbook etc. It's the wild west now. If a kid doesnt start right away, the bail. Quit

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:54 pm

AppDub wrote:
T-Dog wrote:

No, I’d take Alabama or Clemson over Notre Dame

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:50 pm

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:54 pm
AppDub wrote:
T-Dog wrote:

No, I’d take Alabama or Clemson over Notre Dame
Either is fine. Just hope they can hold their own in the athletics arena.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:36 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:05 pm
You make an interesting point. It’s also interesting to stand on the title IX argument as I watched a dude dominate women in swimming last year and was awarded the “female” athlete of the year. As I’m told that’s what equality in women’s sports is. Im not a defender of Liberty but the bizarre obsession with them is just that…bizarre
I'm not talking about transitioning persons. That's your own mind bringing that up.

I'm talking about the numerous covered-up sexual assaults of female students which show a pattern of Liberty University protecting abusers. I'm talking about Ian McCaw, who was forced out as Baylor AD due to systemic coverups of sexual assaults on that campus. I'm talking about Hugh Freeze, in his capacity as (now former) Libert Football head coach DMing Liberty grads who are sexual assault survivors and defending the institution.

And to answer another question that the Yosef's Cabin Smile Committee enjoyed, actually I'm not because I'm not going to indulge a fantasy whataboutism to make their own point.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:22 am

T-Dog wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:36 am
Seattleapp wrote:
I'm not talking about transitioning persons. That's your own mind bringing that up.

I'm talking about the numerous covered-up sexual assaults of female students which show a pattern of Liberty University protecting abusers. I'm talking about Ian McCaw, who was forced out as Baylor AD due to systemic coverups of sexual assaults on that campus. I'm talking about Hugh Freeze, in his capacity as (now former) Libert Football head coach DMing Liberty grads who are sexual assault survivors and defending the institution.

And to answer another question that the Yosef's Cabin Smile Committee enjoyed, actually I'm not because I'm not going to indulge a fantasy whataboutism to make their own point.
The fact that you started with “transitioning persons” is so obnoxious. Will Thomas is a guy and he beat a bunch of girls in swimming. It’s ok to tell the truth.

But back to Liberty, If You have specific facts to prove your accusations I’m all for being educated and hopefully proven wrong. But I suspect you don’t. If there were systematic coverups Of sexual assaults at a Christian University I’m quite sure it would have made national news because apparently you already have the receipts yourself.

I will repeat again, I am not emboldened to Liberty. but I chuckle at the moral high horse folks take when it can push their agenda. Ok Hugh Freeze is shady, but Show me where he messaged girls specifically because they were sexual assault survivors. Show me that proof. Bob Richie is the head basketball coach who coached under Tony Bennett for years who is widely regarded as a good and pious person. Is he in on it too? Did he toss his moral compass out the window as well just to be at Liberty?

I suspect you have more issues with Liberty being “Christian” than anything else. which is fine but just own that position. i don’t particularly like the Falwell clan but I don’t blankety slam all the current players and coaches.

And I have no idea what Yosef’s smile committee means

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:53 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:22 am
T-Dog wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:

The fact that you started with “transitioning persons” is so obnoxious. Will Thomas is a guy and he beat a bunch of girls in swimming. It’s ok to tell the truth.

But back to Liberty, If You have specific facts to prove your accusations I’m all for being educated and hopefully proven wrong. But I suspect you don’t. If there were systematic coverups Of sexual assaults at a Christian University I’m quite sure it would have made national news because apparently you already have the receipts yourself.

I will repeat again, I am not emboldened to Liberty. but I chuckle at the moral high horse folks take when it can push their agenda. Ok Hugh Freeze is shady, but Show me where he messaged girls specifically because they were sexual assault survivors. Show me that proof. Bob Richie is the head basketball coach who coached under Tony Bennett for years who is widely regarded as a good and pious person. Is he in on it too? Did he toss his moral compass out the window as well just to be at Liberty?

I suspect you have more issues with Liberty being “Christian” than anything else. which is fine but just own that position. i don’t particularly like the Falwell clan but I don’t blankety slam all the current players and coaches.

And I have no idea what Yosef’s smile committee means
https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktak ... 0and%20won.

https://brobible.com/sports/article/hug ... lt-victim/

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:31 am

The articles paint a picture of poor judgement, and suggest that Freeze has an issue with understanding boundaries. Should he have stayed out of it? Yes. Did he cross a line with influence or coercion? That’s not clearly explained or even suggested.

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:11 am

T-Dog wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:

I see what you did there. :D

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:18 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:31 am
The articles paint a picture of poor judgement, and suggest that Freeze has an issue with understanding boundaries. Should he have stayed out of it? Yes. Did he cross a line with influence or coercion? That’s not clearly explained or even suggested.
wow

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:04 pm

bcoach wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:18 am
AppSt94 wrote:
wow
Interesting response. Care to explain to me what I am missing from the information presented in the articles?

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:19 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:04 pm
bcoach wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
wow
Interesting response. Care to explain to me what I am missing from the information presented in the articles?
Social media and yosefs cabin can be dangerous place to express opinions... 🤔😉🙏

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:24 pm

PhillyApp1 wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:19 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
bcoach wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
wow
Apparently. Well dissenting opinions anyway.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:28 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:24 pm
PhillyApp1 wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:19 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
bcoach wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
wow
Apparently. Well dissenting opinions anyway.
As a famous person once said, let the person without sin throw the first stone 🤔🙏

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”