Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Possible transfer situations

bigdaddyg
School: Appalachian State

Re: Possible transfer situations

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:01 am

There are approximately 11,000ish D1 (FBS level) players- 131 schools @ 85 per. Of those how many actually get NIL money? If a player tells this to his coach how is that not some kind of tampering? Without a real governing body over college football it's just a potential revolving door for players.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:43 am

This NIL will ruin college sports and ruin a team. If I'm running back "B" and I'm as good as running back "A", but running back "A" is getting $25,000 NIL money and I get nothing, I'M PISSED. About the line who blocks for the running back or the QB who is making $1,000,000 a year, but I get nothing to block for him???? I'M PISSED.

Drake Maye, UNC, makes +- $1,000,000 right now in NIL money. Bet that number will go up to 3-5 million next year to play for Ohio State or Bama if their QB heads off to the NFL.

App State would never be able to pay that kind of money, that's why I feel in a few years that most of the P5 schools will leave the NCAA and be semi-pro teams.
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:49 am

appdaze wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:50 am
Not us in this tweet topic but I thought this was relevant to this threads discussion.

Yeah well, this is what happens when the NCAA doesn’t have any actual governing power, sits on their hands for decades, then gets flipped on their head by the Supreme Court. Maybe if the NCAA and major conferences had been proactive about improving college sports, this wouldn’t have happened.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:51 am

AppState89 wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:43 am
This NIL will ruin college sports and ruin a team. If I'm running back "B" and I'm as good as running back "A", but running back "A" is getting $25,000 NIL money and I get nothing, I'M PISSED. About the line who blocks for the running back or the QB who is making $1,000,000 a year, but I get nothing to block for him???? I'M PISSED.

Drake Maye, UNC, makes +- $1,000,000 right now in NIL money. Bet that number will go up to 3-5 million next year to play for Ohio State or Bama if their QB heads off to the NFL.

App State would never be able to pay that kind of money, that's why I feel in a few years that most of the P5 schools will leave the NCAA and be semi-pro teams.
First of all, App State and every other school isn’t allowed to pay players. It’s boosters, private companies, etc. paying to use a player’s name, image, and likeness.

Also, a quick google or Twitter search will show you that there are plenty of O and D linemen with very good NIL deals. Boosters and whatnot know what it takes to make a great team. They know who they need to take care of. Drake Maye et al get the big bucks the same reason NFL QBs get more than NFL olinemen- because they are the “face” of the team.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:02 am

MrCraig wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:51 am
AppState89 wrote:

First of all, App State and every other school isn’t allowed to pay players. It’s boosters, private companies, etc. paying to use a player’s name, image, and likeness.

Also, a quick google or Twitter search will show you that there are plenty of O and D linemen with very good NIL deals. Boosters and whatnot know what it takes to make a great team. They know who they need to take care of. Drake Maye et al get the big bucks the same reason NFL QBs get more than NFL olinemen- because they are the “face” of the team.
I know the university isn't allowed to pay players. I'm just saying I don't think we have the resources to pay these players. Yes, we have some boosters who have a lot of money, but nothing like some of these other universities. Tell me the NIL deals of our App State O and D linemen vs the NIL deals of O and D linemen at these big P5 schools? Then tell me if we can offer the same NIL money. It will never happen, that's why I said App State (yes, I know the university can't pay them) would never be able to pay that kind of money. We have lost several guy who wanted to come here because we couldn't offer them enough NIL money.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:22 am

AppState89 wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:02 am
MrCraig wrote:
AppState89 wrote:

I know the university isn't allowed to pay players. I'm just saying I don't think we have the resources to pay these players. Yes, we have some boosters who have a lot of money, but nothing like some of these other universities. Tell me the NIL deals of our App State O and D linemen vs the NIL deals of O and D linemen at these big P5 schools? Then tell me if we can offer the same NIL money. It will never happen, that's why I said App State (yes, I know the university can't pay them) would never be able to pay that kind of money. We have lost several guy who wanted to come here because we couldn't offer them enough NIL money.
So we are making excuses now about NIL? This is such a loser’s mentality!

Did I do this right? Sorry Robert. I couldn’t resist. :D

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:27 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:22 am
AppState89 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
AppState89 wrote:

I'm running for the hills now. LOL.... Grab me a beer, I'm heading to Huntersville to meet you and Bh20son for some beers.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:29 am

AppState89 wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:27 am
AppSt94 wrote:
AppState89 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
AppState89 wrote:

I'm running for the hills now. LOL.... Grab me a beer, I'm heading to Huntersville to meet you and Bh20son for some beers.
Come on down brother.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:47 am

Some people believe the NIL was passed for the betterment of the players and that is the narrative pushed by ESPN and similar organizations.

Few realize it was passed to ensure those with power retain power as they use their deeper pockets to ensure it.

Things unfortunately are seldom done as true acts of kindness or fairness in society when the stakes are high or important to those in power.

Tru2ASU

: Possible transfer situations

Unread post by Tru2ASU » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:18 am

What is something fast that App State can do to get in the NIL process? One local ACC team has a third party that handles autographs, signed 8x10s, and something similar to Cameo for fans. This should already be in place at App.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:23 am

We have the infrastructure to implement it fairly successfully.

Much like facility upgrades and coaches salaries we don’t have the fiscal means to punch above.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:25 am

AppState89 wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:27 am
AppSt94 wrote:
AppState89 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
AppState89 wrote:

Where are we meeting?
Give 'em hell!

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:28 am

AppSt94 wrote:
AppState89 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
AppState89 wrote:

I don’t think anyone is making excuses. What they seem to be stating is the obvious.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:29 am

pop5app wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:28 am
AppSt94 wrote:
AppState89 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
AppState89 wrote:

I don’t think anyone is making excuses. What they seem to be stating is the obvious.
My apologies. New computer. I was too cheap to splurge for the sarcasm font. Enjoy your day.

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:31 am

Believe me, I will enjoy the day.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:06 am

AppState89 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
AppState89 wrote:

I don’t buy that. If you want to go to App State, you go to App State. If you want the most money possible, you follow the money. It’s no different than other programs having better facilities, nicer stadiums, more jerseys and branded stuff for athletes to wear.
App has always been successful finding guys who were overlooked by the big schools and wanted to play and work hard to be winners, not for any other reason. NIL doesn’t change any of that. It just brings the money into the spotlight instead of being all under the table.

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:32 am

Man, we must really want WR depth bad. Offering portal guys from Wofford, Charleston Southern, Elon, Fordham and Western Carolina…

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:47 am

311neers wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:32 am
Man, we must really want WR depth bad. Offering portal guys from Wofford, Charleston Southern, Elon, Fordham and Western Carolina…
Maybe they think or know current WRs will be leaving. Hope not.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:07 pm

311neers wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:32 am
Going hard for FCS level talent.

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool

Unread post by GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:33 pm

I take this as a hopeful sign that Nate isn’t leaving 🤞🏻

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”