Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Possible transfer situations

MrCraig
School: Appalachian State

Re: Possible transfer situations

Unread post by MrCraig » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:36 pm

Maybe this should be posted somewhere else, but since this thread is about transfers… has anyone else seen our old friend Kesean whining on Twitter? There’s 2-3 other tweets similar to this.

appalum2003

Unread post by appalum2003 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:41 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:36 pm
Maybe this should be posted somewhere else, but since this thread is about transfers… has anyone else seen our old friend Kesean whining on Twitter? There’s 2-3 other tweets similar to this.

Just another victim...

boo hoo

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:43 pm

As he is young, he does not see it, it says more about him than it does about App. St.
Good luck to him at Marsha except when playing App. St.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:13 pm

Taylor would have made a heck of a tight end ....

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:16 pm

They literally have a document signed by Brown stating he understood what would happen if he decided to not do what was needed to graduate. He was given the opportunity to graduate from App if he did what was outlined by the academic advisor. He chose not to. The staff had him sign a legal document stating he decided to go against it. It was not taken away. He was not treat unfairly.

Now, was he treated differently during his career? I am not sure, but I have seen him in person sitting in the corner by himself instead of lifting when everyone else was lifting. Could it have been a one day thing? Sure, we all have those days. But, based on everything I see him posting, I am guessing it is not a one day thing.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:12 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:16 pm
They literally have a document signed by Brown stating he understood what would happen if he decided to not do what was needed to graduate. He was given the opportunity to graduate from App if he did what was outlined by the academic advisor. He chose not to. The staff had him sign a legal document stating he decided to go against it. It was not taken away. He was not treat unfairly.

Now, was he treated differently during his career? I am not sure, but I have seen him in person sitting in the corner by himself instead of lifting when everyone else was lifting. Could it have been a one day thing? Sure, we all have those days. But, based on everything I see him posting, I am guessing it is not a one day thing.
It's a shame that some of these young people just can't understand the opportunities being given to them and just have a massive chip on their shoulder that won't go away.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:13 am

Perhaps the furthering of college athletics as a business will continue down this path of the universities treatment of these once student athletes as assets or employees.

Is this not the treatment you’ve begged for?

These policy changes benefit fewer with more leverage than lift all student athletes up and it isn’t going to get better for the masses.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:49 am

If NIL isn’t reigned in soon players who do not wish to participate in classroom activities will class action sue the NCAA, claiming that time spent in the classroom limits their ability to train, practice, and seek out NIL opportunities. They’ll argue that the only reason they came to college is because the NFL requires them to be 3 years out of high school...and they’ll win.

At which point they’ll be classified as non-academic representatives of the school’s athletic department.

If the NFL ever abolishes their 3 year rule or they (or another financially lucrative league) allows participation right out of high school, look out!!!
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:00 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:49 am
If NIL isn’t reigned in soon players who do not wish to participate in classroom activities will class action sue the NCAA, claiming that time spent in the classroom limits their ability to train, practice, and seek out NIL opportunities. They’ll argue that the only reason they came to college is because the NFL requires them to be 3 years out of high school...and they’ll win.

At which point they’ll be classified as non-academic representatives of the school’s athletic department.

If the NFL ever abolishes their 3 year rule or they (or another financially lucrative league) allows participation right out of high school, look out!!!
You could be right .If so at that point I will save thousands of dollars annually on donations and season tickets.If they aren't students I won't continue to fund their "experience" and I don't know how you would separate them. It will be devastating to the vast , vast majority of kids that never play professionally.

boonetown1

Unread post by boonetown1 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:01 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:13 am
Perhaps the furthering of college athletics as a business will continue down this path of the universities treatment of these once student athletes as assets or employees.

These policy changes benefit fewer with more leverage than lift all student athletes up and it isn’t going to get better for the masses.
This. Exactly this. I get some off the cultural shortcomings of boone, but if you choose to not abide by program guidelines it will be treated like a business.

I don’t agree with everything within my company, but if I choose to not participate and act like a smart ass (which is my nature- not saying this is KB at all); I would be shown the door.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:03 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:00 pm
APPdiesel wrote:

You could be right .If so at that point I will save thousands of dollars annually on donations and season tickets.If they aren't students I won't continue to fund their "experience" and I don't know how you would separate them. It will be devastating to the vast , vast majority of kids that never play professionally.
Why would you quit giving donations? I can understand canceling season tickets, but the Yosef Club serves all sports, not just football.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:53 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:03 pm
Stonewall wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:00 pm
APPdiesel wrote:

Why would you quit giving donations? I can understand canceling season tickets, but the Yosef Club serves all sports, not just football.
The answer is that he is being honest. The vast majority donate because of football. Most folks really don't care if the rest exist. Very sad but very true.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:09 pm

Saint3333 wrote:

You are exactly right. If you are paying them they are employees or contract workers and there is no way they can qualify as contract workers. In the end we are all going to get what many asked for and I don't think most of us are going to like the end result. It was and is a very bad idea. They have always been fairly compensated with tuition and all the other benefits, but that just was not enough. "If it ain't broke don't break it". .........but we did

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:48 pm

Saint3333 wrote:

This goes down a different rabbit hole, but I feel the whole Kesean situation also shows something literally every major CFB program does. Taking every single morsel of negativity either real or fake and creating adversity. Look at UGA. After going 15-0 and winning the Natty that almost everyone thought they would win, their players started talking about how everyone was doubting them and thought they'd go 7-5 and nonsense like that. Only Twitter trolls and maybe like one radio guy was saying stuff like that. Clemson under Dabo has done similar when they were winning Natty's. It's like when Clemson staffers put my roast blog post in their locker room. Many people thought that story was fake, but they found "adversity" and used it. Coaches have used fake or out of context newspaper quotes or stories for years and years.

As someone once said to me, if you don't have adversity, go out and create some. That could be true in Kesean's case from family, friends, new coaches or who knows. You were in a situation that you wanted out of and now are creating adversity to motivate you. College Football is one of the best sports at manufacturing fake outrage.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:49 pm

Either college athletics will be college athletics or sports like football and basketball will just be minor leagues. There aren't enough legit 18-22 year olds in any year to even make 1 real semi-pro football team much less a league of 4-8 (or more) teams. All you have to do is watch some of the XFL to see how quickly the real level of competition drops off. We look at the powerful P5 schools like Georgia, Alabama and Ohio State and just assume they are all full of pros. While those schools put a good number of players in the pros every year the entire rosters are not at that level. If high school seniors could jump directly to a pro league and there was some form of a paid minor league it would be awful. College athletics needs to take back their sports and find some happy medium regarding pay for play. How many kids getting NIL actually legitimately represent a paying company?

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:17 pm

He wasn’t wrong, but the narrative was hard work, commitment and giving your all. He didn’t fit the narrative, but that’s on him.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:37 pm

APPdiesel wrote:

Nah. That won’t happen. That law suit doesn’t make any sense. If athletes really had that mindset, they would go to the NFL and demand a legitimate minor league system. At that point, football would become like every other sport where some kids go straight to the pros while others go to college to get an education and play ball. The college product might be watered down some, but it would still be exciting. Just like basketball and baseball.

yikas1

Unread post by yikas1 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:39 pm

His post, needing to shout his anger into the universe, is one reason why he doesn't fit the narrative. Marshall can be a place where all divas can do what they do.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:07 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:37 pm
APPdiesel wrote:

Nah. That won’t happen. That law suit doesn’t make any sense. If athletes really had that mindset, they would go to the NFL and demand a legitimate minor league system. At that point, football would become like every other sport where some kids go straight to the pros while others go to college to get an education and play ball. The college product might be watered down some, but it would still be exciting. Just like basketball and baseball.
1. When did a lawsuit being frivolous ever prevent it from being filed?
2. The NFL is a private company and can make their own rules. Thankfully they’ve held their ground on their 3 year rule to this point.

I hope they value college football as their primary feeder system and don’t actively seek to undermine it.

If he still reads this message board I’d love Gonzo’s opinion (or any other lawyers here) on that hypothetical suit’s merits.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:19 pm

Been saying this is gonna get wild for a long time. The writing has been on the wall. I'm just surprised it took this long.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4246&p=46900&hilit=Minor#p46865

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”