Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Possible transfer situations

AppDub
School: Appalachian State

Re: Possible transfer situations

Unread post by AppDub » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:30 pm

biggie wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:08 am
Just noticed Coastal has a QB in portal now.

And GSU has 13, including 12 from yesterday.
Some on their board are speculating that Devin Leary will follow their new head coach Tim Beck to Conway. Good to have goals I guess.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:33 pm

Hey read JT Daniels is looking for his 4th school. Might get 2 more years.

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:36 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:33 pm
Hey read JT Daniels is looking for his 4th school. Might get 2 more years.
Man, he should have gone pro after UGA won the natty. He was 9-0 in his time in Athens and could have gotten NFL looks. There are some really bad QBs that make NFL rosters, he definitely had a shot. I'd take him for the real Mountaineers haha

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool

Unread post by GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:16 pm

AppDub wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:30 pm
biggie wrote:

Some on their board are speculating that Devin Leary will follow their new head coach Tim Beck to Conway. Good to have goals I guess.
Lol that sure is wishful thinking on their part. He’s gonna have $ thrown at him from P5s.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:26 pm

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:48 pm

biggie wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:26 pm
I/we might regret it later but I hope Burger is the next guy up. Very Armanti-esque type player. Looked very Mobile and can sling the ball. Hopefully he jas accuracy and can read a defense. He's got size, needs to add some muscle weight. But he is just a freshman could be 4 years of memorable games for him.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:53 pm

As good of a threat as Brice was for throwing the ball, opponents didn't have to worry much about him scampering all game, which hurt us in situations.

My guess is the Burger isn't ready yet.
Last edited by Black Saturday on Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BLACK SATURDAY

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:54 pm

WVU may not have any QBs left on the roster soon.😂
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Appmountaineers19
School: Other

Unread post by Appmountaineers19 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:06 pm

Why do I hear a lot on this forum that APP may regret playing Burger? The dude above is a RS Fr that played a total of 8 snaps this year. He's just as much a mystery as Burger. Burger will be in this system now for over a year (early enrollment ) You just can't keep plucking QB transfers out of the portal and hope to get lucky (ie. CB) He's just as qualified to start next year as anyone. Burger needs to continue to develop in the OS and show he's the next man up. BTW chances are he will have some growing pains next year being a RS Fr. IMO he is fully capable to play and play well next year.

Appmountaineers19

Unread post by Appmountaineers19 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:08 pm

I don't think WC was offered by APP. The tweet is just saying these schools could be in the running.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:19 pm

Appmountaineers19 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:06 pm
Why do I hear a lot on this forum that APP may regret playing Burger? The dude above is a RS Fr that played a total of 8 snaps this year. He's just as much a mystery as Burger. Burger will be in this system now for over a year (early enrollment ) You just can't keep plucking QB transfers out of the portal and hope to get lucky (ie. CB) He's just as qualified to start next year as anyone. Burger needs to continue to develop in the OS and show he's the next man up. BTW chances are he will have some growing pains next year being a RS Fr. IMO he is fully capable to play and play well next year.
If Brady McBride hangs around he has a good chance of being the starter. He was more than capable at Texas State. Maybe Burger beats him out in the Spring or Fall camp. If not, and he's patient, he gets another season to mature.
WE ARE YOSEF!

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:25 pm

As you guys know, the two teams I follow the most are APP and WVU - in my opinion Chase Brice was a better QB than Daniels and Daniels had a very experienced receiving group as well -
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Appmountaineers19

Unread post by Appmountaineers19 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:27 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:19 pm
Appmountaineers19 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:06 pm
If Brady McBride hangs around he has a good chance of being the starter. He was more than capable at Texas State. Maybe Burger beats him out in the Spring or Fall camp. If not, and he's patient, he gets another season to mature.
And if that happens more power to McBride. I think App is OK at quarterback I guess is what I’m saying. At some point every program has an unproven quarterback that needs to show that they are the guy.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:38 pm

Tabscott, redshirt fresh--rising redshirt soph
McBride 5th redshirt junior--rising 6th yr senior
Barry, freshman--rising soph
Hernandez, 4th yr junior--rising 5th yr senior
Burger, freshman--rising soph

We've got 3 youngsters and 2 geriatrics.

If our coaches decide we need someone I hope it's a grad transfer that's coming here for a specific program but that can either start, push the starter, mentor the young guys, or be our first back up.
If we go for a bigger fish I could see all three young guys transferring. One thing we have to keep in mind though is that this is probably coaches make or break year. He is going to have to have a win now mentality. He could go for transfers over our current guys just to try and win. That is a total guess, I have no connection to know otherwise.

Appmountaineers19

Unread post by Appmountaineers19 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:41 pm

appdaze wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:38 pm

If our coaches decide we need someone I hope it's a grad transfer that's coming here for a specific program but that can either start, push the starter, mentor the young guys, or be our first back up.
If we go for a bigger fish I could see all three young guys transferring. One thing we have to keep in mind though is that this is probably coaches make or break year. He is going to have to have a win now mentality. He could go for transfers over our current guys just to try and win. That is a total guess, I have no connection to know otherwise.
Actually, burger is going to be a red shirt freshman because he didn’t play his four games

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:45 pm

appdaze wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:38 pm

Only 1 of these has taken a meaningful college snap. Woah. This off-season is going to be a blast. I bet we sign someone to come in and compete against Burger/Mcbride. Qb competition ain’t bad, just ask Kirby. Dude has 3-4 capable qbs every year and they push each other all season to be better. Can’t wait to see it play out

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:58 pm

If we can find a better QB option for '23 and we can sign him , we will.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:08 pm

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:16 pm
AppDub wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:30 pm
biggie wrote:

Lol that sure is wishful thinking on their part. He’s gonna have $ thrown at him from P5s.
Many Wolfpack fans think Beck was the one holding Leary back with his playcalling. If true, not sure Leary would follow Beck anywhere.

Yosef1986

Unread post by Yosef1986 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:26 pm

On the QB - at some point we need to play QB's we recruited. If we continue to put a transfer in front of a recruited QB on the team - the recruit still does not get the experience to be successful - and to me this is a dangerous cycle. No way to get rep's without playing. Every player starts with no experience when they arrive at college - at least on the college level. If the coaches believe a transfer is our best option - so be it.
Not saying no transfers - however we have a lot of time an effort on the recruits. We need to see a larger sample size before passing judgement. No way to know what we have without actual game experience.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:53 pm

Tabscott has all the arm talent in the world.. it's the mental aspect of the game for him. It still hasn't slowed down for him yet.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”